Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schoenfelder
Oct 16, 2009

Grade moj...

Juanito posted:

On the bus today, I saw some lady pull out her book, find the page where she'd bent the corner of the page, and continue reading. Does anybody do this?
I do this all the time when I'm not at home and don't have anything like a bus ticket, boarding pass stub etc. handy.

Only with paperbacks, though, my hardcovers are kept in mint condition. Then again, I don't remember when I last purchased a hardcover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schoenfelder
Oct 16, 2009

Grade moj...

Maytag posted:

Could a German speaker please help me translate a bit of what's on this page?

I just woke up from a dream where I was buried in snow with only my face showing, my great grandmother (died about 15 years ago) walked up and told me the only thing she regretted was not being saved by ______ and I think she said 'Don Feinen.' Google led me to that book, called God Blessed Thoughts and translates Don Feinen as fine don.

Do the words Don Feinen or Don Fine or Dawn Feinen/Fine ring any bells for anyone?
The page has nothing to do with "Don Feinen". It's an older German script not in use anymore. The fragment of the sentence on the page you linked reads: ".../ dass von seinen Kinderen verwendet werde jener Schatz(?) der Verdiensten(?) / und Gnaden / so XXX das Blut des Göttlichen Sohns erkaufft(?) worden? /..." What Google reads as "don feinen" is actually "von seinen", meaning "of his".