Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BigRed0427 posted:

Is anyone else reading S by Doug Dorst and JJ Abrams? I just finished the first chapter and I really like it so far. One question I have though is if anyone knows what the decoder wheel is for. The wheel is looking for navigation coordinates for input and the characters hint to the footnotes for clues, but I need a little on how to use the wheel and googling it seems to give away spoilers.

I just started and it's really hard for me to read. The margins are just way too busy for me to focus on anything. Also I hate the way the grad student character writes. Something about the voice just irritates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah. I think I’m just not in the right place for it right now.

I recently started delivery driving since my industry is still 75% shut down due to covid so I was looking for some fun books to read. Perdido seems great but boy is it hard to pay attention to while driving around doing deliveries.

Luckily audible lets you refund your credits so I refunded Perdido and picked up the first Mistborn book. I’m only 30 minutes it and it loving RULES. It’s exactly what I was looking for. Easy to follow. Kept me on the edge of my seat. I’m excited to keep listening.

Perdido is just too dense for me right now. I’m sure it gets better but I don’t want to have to listen to 8 hours of audio book to get there.

If you like the beginning of Mistborn you are going to love that book. Sanderson really does endings well so you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just reread a bunch of Harlan Ellison and for as much as he was a poo poo, holy hell his stories and especially his intros were loving amazing. The Deathbird makes me literally cry.