Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't know how you could read this thread on a regular basis, see the kind of stuff that Nebakenezzer posts, and still think that (1) he gets laid or (2) he cares about getting laid

That's not an insult. Just go and browse through the 34 pages' worth of posts in this thread that are his alone, most of them huge megadump effortposts, and ask yourself if this guy has any hesitation at all about his chosen hobby

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3276654&userid=84040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
I don't like you because you're dangerous
Look some of us just need an escape from all the laying we get and this thread is it, OK?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Aeronautical Insanity: The last time I took a poo poo at Mach 0.8, I got laid

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

CommieGIR posted:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

The last time I got laid at Mach 0.8, I took a poo poo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If I knew how to change thread titles I would have done it by now.

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
Transonic Blumpkin

Also saving it as a band name

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Because I like his posts so much, I am willing to take one for the team and let Nebakenezzer have his way with me.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

PM a mod.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wow I feel kinda bad now. It was a throwaway jest. I like Nebs effort posts especially about Zepplins and improbable bombers. Keep up the good stuff.

but maybe take a break now and then and go get laid. :v:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Finger Prince posted:

Talk to a mod or report your post. You're the op, it'll happen.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

If I could, I’d make the title change happen here, but yeah, just report your own post or PM the request.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Carth Dookie posted:

Wow I feel kinda bad now. It was a throwaway jest. I like Nebs effort posts especially about Zepplins and improbable bombers. Keep up the good stuff.

but maybe take a break now and then and go get laid. :v:

You are not wrong, is the thing

Ola posted:

Because I like his posts so much, I am willing to take one for the team and let Nebakenezzer have his way with me.

:glomp:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ok, there was a good one from a few pages ago but I don't remember what it was now, so I'll wait for the next good idea.

Incidentally, just in case anyone wasn't sure the kind of people involved in aviation, (and trying hard to avoid violating any number of NDAs), I found out/was reminded today that there is an access code for a non essential subsystem on a certain modern airliner that would be instantly recognizable if you grew up with a Nintendo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Konami code shows up in some unexpected places!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I got to play with a LORAN-C receiver that would output “HELP IM TRAPPED IN A LORAN FACTORY” on sa even segment display when you input CODE+69.

Electronics people are weird is what I’m saying.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
We had a signal analyzer when I worked in a backshop that would let you play tetris if you held down a combo of buttons.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Aviation easter eggs is a great topic for page 1337 :hehe:

Tsuru
May 12, 2008
How about playing pong on your FMS?

https://www.facebook.com/CATCprague/videos/980820781979144/

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
Verifying I did not get laid last night, am I still legit for the thread?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

vessbot posted:

Verifying I did not get laid last night, am I still legit for the thread?

Did you take a poo poo at mach 0.8?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

CommieGIR posted:

Did you take a poo poo at mach 0.8?

Depends on the altitude.

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005

drunkill posted:

Depends on the altitude.

Nope, depends on the temperature. Do I need to quote the Concorde post again? It's oddly applicable. But I never thought it would be applicable to this.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Oh. I didn't think "took a poo poo at Mach 0.8" referred to the speed of the plane.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Phanatic posted:

Oh. I didn't think "took a poo poo at Mach 0.8" referred to the speed of the plane.

New thread title:

Aeronautical Insanity: A poo poo at Mach 0.8 forced my plane to land

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 16, 2018

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Aeronautical insanity: putting my zeppelin in the hangar

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
Really felt more like taking it out of the hangar.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Like parking a Cessna in a Zeppelin hangar.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hydrogen is a gas that's difficult to contain, more so in crudely doped canvas cells, but I swear deflation has never happened to me before.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ola posted:

Hydrogen is a gas that's difficult to contain, more so in crudely doped canvas cells, but I swear deflation has never happened to me before.

:golfclap:

Kebbins
Apr 9, 2017

BRAK LIVES MATTER
Just found out I'm going to be starting up the controls for the building where the 777X's carbon fiber wings are assembled.

My odds of being around to hear an AN-124 taking off just went up! :woop:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Finger Prince posted:

Like parking a Cessna in a Zeppelin hangar.

But enough about your mom.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hmmm.

https://i.imgur.com/9Z7UXeU.gifv

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Breaking a heal during a catwalk is so emberassing.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Why the gently caress is a helicopter taxiing?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zemyla posted:

Why the gently caress is a helicopter taxiing?

I don't know where that is, but at big non-helicopter airports, they seem to follow the regular fixed wing traffic pattern, I suppose to not gently caress with the controllers and other fixed wing aircraft. What's really weird is when you see one with skids taxiing down the taxiway 10 feet off the ground.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Finger Prince posted:

I don't know where that is, but at big non-helicopter airports, they seem to follow the regular fixed wing traffic pattern, I suppose to not gently caress with the controllers and other fixed wing aircraft. What's really weird is when you see one with skids taxiing down the taxiway 10 feet off the ground.

At Bagram AFB, they always taxied hovering until they were on the taxiway, even then they usually hovered until they were approaching their hanger/destination.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I've seen this a few times, but just noticed the guy with his feet dangling out the side door. That drop must have been a puckering moment.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Brute Squad posted:

I've seen this a few times, but just noticed the guy with his feet dangling out the side door. That drop must have been a puckering moment.

There's a guy on the far door and it looks like he comes out some degree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Why is the person who takes these videos always too dumb to keep the viewfinder on the subject?

At least it's not in portrait, I guess...