Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

I know combat drop chat was last page, but I remember my first time going into Iraq and combat dropping on a C-17 into Balad. I had no idea what the gently caress was going on and was pretty loving nervous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'd be interested in seeing a source on this, I haven't heard of it before.

never seen a king air with hellfires, but i've seen PC-12s with viper strikes

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

MrYenko posted:

If it's not an Osprey, Dash 7.

I mean, look at this ridiculous, beautiful motherfucker:

We may have strayed from the original mission of carry-a-miata, but I don't care. The -7 is ALWAYS the answer.

I have almost 2000 hours on a Dash 7. I loved that piece of junk always breaking plane :)

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

It and the Dash 8s were some of the coolest planes I saw at KAF.

Those Dash 7s you saw at KAF (the all white one and the red stripe one) were the ones I used to fly on :3:

I have a few hours on those Dash 8s there too.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

iyaayas01 posted:

Any time on any of the Army King Airs they had floating around there?

yeah, both the GOGO and GOCO ones. (this is OGA, i just changed my name). i actually flew on the one contractor u21 that crashed in 09. pretty weird knowing a bird you flew on crashed.