Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slavik
May 10, 2009
Suddenly 30 posts in a day, I thought a new game might had been announced :smith:

I was looking at OpenRA earlier, what are peoples thoughts and experiences on it? Currently playing through C&C from my original discs but might grab it when I run through Red Alert as it has singleplayer from what I gather. Tiberian Sun will be on it in a few months. Recent video of OpenRA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzU5HtFvEEM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Slavik posted:

Suddenly 30 posts in a day, I thought a new game might had been announced :smith:

I was looking at OpenRA earlier, what are peoples thoughts and experiences on it? Currently playing through C&C from my original discs but might grab it when I run through Red Alert as it has singleplayer from what I gather. Tiberian Sun will be on it in a few months. Recent video of OpenRA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzU5HtFvEEM

OpenRA is basically a better balanced vanilla RA. With some new units and you can zoomout more. Graphics are still lovely pixely.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

This might have been related to an older version but whenever I played skirmish against one AI the framerate would tank after like 4 or 5 minutes of play which made the game unplayable and it was really really disappointing at the same time. :(

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Cooked Auto posted:

This might have been related to an older version but whenever I played skirmish against one AI the framerate would tank after like 4 or 5 minutes of play which made the game unplayable and it was really really disappointing at the same time. :(
Sorry to hear that. I only had framerate issues when I played online with my friend against max amount of AI.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Did OpenRA add the full campaign for each side recently? I seem to remember it only having the first allied mission....

Slavik
May 10, 2009
Just downloaded and had a play through on a few skirmishes, no full campaigns yet, has a 2-3 missions for each side in C&C and RA so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Vorenus posted:

The worst was whichever one has you as GDI with the option to use the Liquid Tib Bomb or not. poo poo position, stacked odds, and bugged triggers that mean that even if you know the best strategy you have a 50/50 chance of getting wrecked.

Eh, it's not THAT bad - when Scrin cheese, you just cheese harder! Their entire faction dies the instant you kill the control node, so it's entirely possible to upgrade your firehawks with the stratofighter upgrade, boost a flight of 12-16 of them directly on top of the objective, and blow it to poo poo. You'll probably lose every single firehawk to AA fire on the way out - it takes a second for the kill trigger to go off on the scrin forces and they've got a LOT of AA focused on that node - but it's still cheaper and easier than a direct assault.

In the meantime, your budding air force does a great job helping you hold off the endless PACs.

Backhand fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 22, 2014

• Locked thread