Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Got tickets to see Devin Townsend next month.

I discovered him after Epicloud, and quickly bought his entire back catalog. My son was 10-ish at the time, so he heard a lot of DTP through osmosis.

Last year, when he was 13, he tells me Devin Townsend is his fave band.

So he's excited we're going to a concert next month.

But I haven't told him I bought the VIP package, and he'll get to meet the guy. It's going to be a super great surprise. But it's only his second concert (Ghost was the first), and it'll be hard to top this one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

You’re the coolest parent in the world, that’s awesome!

I'm actually more looking forward to seeing the look on my kid's face, than meeting Devin.

It'll be super cool to shake Devin's hand and thank him for all the amazing music... but... yeah. :-)

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GORDON posted:

Got tickets to see Devin Townsend next month.

I discovered him after Epicloud, and quickly bought his entire back catalog. My son was 10-ish at the time, so he heard a lot of DTP through osmosis.

Last year, when he was 13, he tells me Devin Townsend is his fave band.

So he's excited we're going to a concert next month.

But I haven't told him I bought the VIP package, and he'll get to meet the guy. It's going to be a super great surprise. But it's only his second concert (Ghost was the first), and it'll be hard to top this one...

Concert was in 2 days, this Friday.

Rumor has it, he's cancelling the rest of the tour.