Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Welcome to the 5th discussion thread of Naruto Shippuuden, the ongoing giant shonen show about decidedly un-ninjalike ninjas.

Last Thread on Naruto Shippuuden

- Naruto... killed Kakuzu and since then has done close to nothing for over a year of air time. Now, though, Pain of the Akatsuki organization has set his sights on capturing him. Is Naruto a bad enough dude to save himself from ninjas? Watch out, they got Bubbles :ohdear:

- Sasuke... betrayed Orochimaru and then ran around hating everyone and everything. After finding out that his big brother Itachi sacrificed himself for Konoha village's and Sasuke's sake, he made the perfectly rational decision to destroy Konoha as revenge for Itachi. He also got his head lariated off by a rapping swordsman.

Canon/Filler watch

We are currently on CONAN material.

Episode Guide

Episodes 1-32: Gaara rescue arc
Episodes 33-53: Sai/Find Sasuke arc
Episodes 54-71: Sora filler arc
Episodes 72-89: Hidan&Kakuzu arc
Episodes 90-112: Three-tails filler arc
Episodes 113-114: Sasuke vs Orochimaru
Episodes 115-118: Formation of Sasuke's posse
Episodes 119-120: Kakashi Gaiden
Episodes 121-125: Sasuke vs Deidara/Konoha search team moving out
Episode 126: Jiraiya's reappearance, which ties into...
Episodes 127-128: Jiraiya backstory, which ties into...
Episodes 129-133: Jiraiya vs Pain
Episode 134: Itachi's invitation
Episodes 135-138: Sasuke vs Itachi
Episode 139-141: Uchiha plot revelations
Episodes 142-143: Sasuke vs Eight-tails :siren: If you're going to watch one episode from this series, make it 143 :siren:
Episodes 144-151: Six-tails filler arc

152 is where this thread begins.

I want to jump to the manga and find out how the story continues! :f5:

The chapter that continues from the end of the current latest episode is 478

Past Threads
-Naruto Anime thread 1 (Archived)
-Naruto Anime thread 2 (Archived)
-Naruto Anime thread 3 (Archived)
-Naruto Anime thread 4 (Archived)
-Naruto Shippuuden Anime thread 1 (Archived)
-Naruto Shippuuden Anime thread 2 (Archived)
-Naruto Shippuuden Anime thread 3 (Archived)
-Naruto Shippuuden Anime thread 4

Useful Info Sites
-LeafNinja.com
-Naruto Wikipedia entry

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
We are indeed back in canon-town, hurray. I wonder how long that will last.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Which episodes are Sasuke VS Itachi? I caught up on the manga recently and kinda wanna see that fight animated.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Popehoist posted:

Which episodes are Sasuke VS Itachi? I caught up on the manga recently and kinda wanna see that fight animated.

135-138. Knew I forgot something important from the OP.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tonfa posted:

Episodes 142-143: Sasuke vs Eight-tails :siren: If you're going to watch one episode from this series, make it 143 :siren:
Thank you for this. This is the best fight in the series, and it was great to see it animated. TWO fatal blows, man, poo poo is awesome.

EDIT: Man, there is no way to make Amaterasu look good.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 26, 2010

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Thank you for this. This is the best fight in the series, and it was great to see it animated. TWO fatal blows, man, poo poo is awesome.

EDIT: Man, there is no way to make Amaterasu look good.

I dunno, Jiraiya vs. Pain is pretty much phenomenal.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Team Shikamaru vs Kakuza and Hidan. The moment where Shikamaru kills one Akatsuki while seriously injuring another at the same time then nukes Hidan into pieces. All using his shadow, a cig and a couple scrolls. Bitches ain't got poo poo on Shikamaru.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Mr. Crow posted:

This. Loved the fight in the manga and seeing it animated was a lot of fun for me. It's also one of the reasons why this current OP is my top OP for this show (also the song is pretty :krad:)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

Mebbe it's better in the anime but I didn't care that much for it in the manga. By then they were already fully in the realm of fights being just super techniques being used back and forth, rather than any really cool ninja tricks or hand-to-hand combat.

Incompl
Mar 23, 2008

I loved the Jiraiya vs Pain fight, friggin intense. I'll probably go back and watch it again.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
How was the recent six-tails filler arc?

I skipped it and was wondering whether or not I should go back and give it a look.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

-Blackadder- posted:

How was the recent six-tails filler arc?

I skipped it and was wondering whether or not I should go back and give it a look.

terrible

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

NO links in the OP for DLs? Since Dattebayo stopped where can i get the episodes?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I just wait it out on Hulu. They release them on a one week delay from Japan. Quality.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Incompl posted:

I loved the Jiraiya vs Pain fight, friggin intense. I'll probably go back and watch it again.

What episodes?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Added a more detailed breakdown of the 113-141 season of the OP since it gets a lot of questions asked about and there are a lot of awesome parts in there.

As for download links, Crunchyroll picked up the series, which means you have to be a member to legally watch the subbed show on the week when it airs. Each episode becomes free to watch after the one week delay, though.

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

CrazyLittle posted:

terrible

They can't all be as phenomenal as curry of life and food ninjas.

At least it was short.

Onion
Jan 14, 2005

by Fistgrrl
NarutoGet usually has them up the same day as the new episode airs.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

The Missing Link posted:

I just wait it out on Hulu. They release them on a one week delay from Japan. Quality.

Tonfa posted:

Added a more detailed breakdown of the 113-141 season of the OP since it gets a lot of questions asked about and there are a lot of awesome parts in there.

As for download links, Crunchyroll picked up the series, which means you have to be a member to legally watch the subbed show on the week when it airs. Each episode becomes free to watch after the one week delay, though.

Thanks guys

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Repeating what I said in the last thread, Hidan and Kakuzu were the goddamn peak of this series.

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.

Incompl posted:

Best episode of the series since the Hidan/Kazuku fight in episodes 85-88.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Still comes in second place for me because it was a fight between two Japanese Wizards where the wizard with more powers won. The Hidan/Kazuku fight was a fight between two Immortal Japanese Wizards vs. a clever ninja where the ninja actually won. Another thing of note is that it's the last time anything resembling a ninja appears in this anime.

Recycled Reader
Mar 19, 2005

These books are made for walking
I know im a little late to the party, but I just watched the hour long special, and I had a really good laugh when they killed that guy from the filler. They made a point to end the filler with the standard generic happy ending, then start back up with him dead. That was totally fantastic.

Click here for the full 848x480 image.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Scalp Fancy posted:

I know im a little late to the party, but I just watched the hour long special, and I had a really good laugh when they killed that guy from the filler. They made a point to end the filler with the standard generic happy ending, then start back up with him dead. That was totally fantastic.

Click here for the full 848x480 image.

I think you missed the last 5 minutes of the filler :v:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Episode 154 features a new opening, which is awesome as hell, but for anime-only viewers, I would recommend skipping past it since it spoils the upcoming arc.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yes please do skip the OP if you are anime-only, it reveals quite a bit. Loved the double episode this week, moving along quite nicely and I can't wait to get to where this is leading.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I think they're assuming everyone reads the manga with the new OPs. It's great, though. New ED is also funny.

Not much else to say, training episodes aren't that engaging.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Also, FYI, the ending of 155 helped cement why so many people like Killer Bee. I know some anime-only people we're quite feeling him yet.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Click here for the full 855x480 image.

:downs:

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Teek posted:

Episode 154 features a new opening, which is awesome as hell, but for anime-only viewers, I would recommend skipping past it since it spoils the upcoming arc.

You know people always say this with new OPs of any show but they really don't spoil anything.

Only manga readers know whether or not events in an op will happen exactly that way in the actual series, to anime watchers it's just like "Oh, some stuff like this will happen soon?"

Well I think that's the case anyway. I don't remember ever thinking twice about events in ops when I was anime-only on shows, I just thought "looks like there might be some cool stuff soon".

Spoilers in openings are only truly spoilers when a manga reader actually points out that they're spoling something.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I would agree for times when it's "random character X standing still looking pensive". Everytime an OP shows a battle scene though it's always for what's coming up.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

This whole scene was funny, but Shikamaru's face almost made me tear up.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Man, when did anime openings become "This is what's happening in future episodes." They used to be neater. But I guess it's mostly for shounen shows. I noticed OP does it alot, and Reborn is absolutely criminal about it. But nobody watches Reborn anyway.

As for the OP itself- Man, if only what happens was even half as cool as that makes it look. Maybe they'll fillerize it so people other than Naruto can be useful too?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I noticed OP does it alot, and Reborn is absolutely criminal about it. But nobody watches Reborn anyway.

Nobody reads it either! :v:

Anyway, I haven't watched Naruto since the Hidan & Kakuzu fight, hopefully what's coming up will be done well enough to get me to come back.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 8, 2010

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Teek posted:

Also, FYI, the ending of 155 helped cement why so many people like Killer Bee. I know some anime-only people we're quite feeling him yet.

Yup, i thought he was a scrub for getting taken down like that, but now not so much. I really want to start reading the manga, but its pretty drat awesome sometimes when you have no idea whats going to happen and you get something like the jiraiya/pain fight. I can't wait to see his friends reactions to his new training

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

As for the OP itself- Man, if only what happens was even half as cool as that makes it look. Maybe they'll fillerize it so people other than Naruto can be useful too?

Exactly. My thought upon seeing it was Man too bad this is far better animated than the actual fight will be. ~_~

That Shikamaru face is amazing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Did any of you anime only people figure out that Jiraiya was going to die from the last OP? it seemed like a pretty obvious spoiler to me but I had read the manga.

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.
Wow, the new OP is loving awesome - beautiful animation and great choice of music.

Wompa164 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 9, 2010

Anime is great!
Sep 14, 2007

It's a good show again, sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

Did any of you anime only people figure out that Jiraiya was going to die from the last OP? it seemed like a pretty obvious spoiler to me but I had read the manga.

I did. I saw Jiraiya and Pain fight, then Naruto had a tears so my immediate thought was " dammit, jiraiya is going to die."

• Locked thread