Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Are there any cheap and decent (For low traffic and low space needs) web hosts in the UK?

I host my websites in the US, but my dad wants to host a website in the UK, so I told him I'd look into it.

I pay $10 a year for my US hosting, have never had a problem, and apart from space and bandwidth, get unlimited everything (Add-on addresses, databases etc.)

I know I'll be paying more in the UK, but is there anything for £20-£30 a year that doesn't restrict something? Easily.co.uk do a package for £24.99 a year that would be fine if they didn't allow only one MySQL Database.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

DNova posted:

Check these few:
http://www.studyhost.co.uk/ (Use code "FailOffer for 25% off, plans starting under 10 pounds a year)

Thank you, this is perfect.

I'm always shocked when I look at UK hosting and see that they're charging £30 a year for less than what I get at £7 a year from a US host.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

This is more of a peeve than a real problem, but I had a question:

I've set up a "default" email address on my hosting account, so that if any email goes to that domain name (whatever@domain.com) then it gets forwarded to my actual email address.

When someone else sends email to the address, it comes through fine, but when I try to test it with my gmail account, it never comes through. It doesn't bounce, either.

Does this have something to do with the fact that the gmail address I'm sending the test from is the same address that the default email address is forwarding to?

This happened on my old hosting as well (Both using cPanel), so I figured it belonged in this thread.