Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I opened a ticket 8 days ago because my VPS was offline and would not boot. 8 days of radio silence and then:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Moey posted:

Hahaha, what lovely rear end company is this? Backups? What backups?!?!?

VPSfx

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I mean, I bought in June 2014 when $30/yr for a throwaway VPS to dick around and script on and occasionally host the odd dumb web page or video was fine. Nowadays, I can probably get an actual provider for pennies more and will as soon as I can get a free weekend to set it all up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Twerk from Home posted:

$3.50 a month gets you an AWS lightsail instance.

Yeah, this what I was talking about.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Just a heads up: I was a contact on a linode like a decade ago that was canceled in 2014. The owner supposedly went in and added 2FA a few months ago (idk why for a dead account). On 04/20/20 someone apparently disabled 2FA and added a new CC# to the account and re-upped it, then chargebacked it and linode is freaking out at the previous owner.

So, maybe it's linode, maybe not. I'm just :popcorn: p hard right now as they start knifing each other on this.