Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

http://www.google.com/apps/

You don't need any web hosting to go with it, you can essentially just point the domain at Google and get a GMail interface for your private domain name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

DarkLotus posted:

That is correct. If you are a big impatient gorilla, you can try Google DNS, It's free and much better than your ISP's DNS.
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Um, you'd use those for your end connection, not to handle your DNS records.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

wtfdns.com is goon-run and the best cheap of all - free.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Do you have the trailing '.' on the one that doesn't work?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nobody Interesting posted:

Okay so a guy came into IRC and said this. I'm the Tea guy he's referring to.

00:03 < HTP> Tea: Your linode account name is mugoftea
00:03 < HTP> your email is joe@warhaggis.com
00:04 < HTP> the last 4 digits of your customer credit cards are
00:04 < HTP> 2125, 1111, 1883, 1111, and 2125 respectively

I. Uh...

To be fair, if Linode was doing everything right (and obviously they weren't) the last four digits are actually all they'd be able to see. Still far more than they should have access to, but the full numbers had drat well better be encrypted or Visa/MC/Amex are going to tear them a new one.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

So should I be changing my credit card number now or what?

e: Really wished they had just taken PayPal or something to begin with.

Yep, though it's quite likely your CC company will be doing it for you pre-emptively since the last thing they want to be is liable for purchases someone makes with your stolen CC #.

If they really were able to get raw CC numbers out of the database... I wonder how much of Linode will even be left when this all settles out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

eightysixed posted:

Wasn't it a free service?

Edit: or wait, was that WTFdns. Either way, it's both goon owned isn't it? :(

Yep, it's free, goon-run, and has been flaky as hell lately (seemingly from when they switched from branding it as WTFDNS to AbiDNS).