Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

optikalus posted:

AngryHosting

I just wanted to chime in to say that I just started an account with Angryhosting and got a domain through them as well. This is my first experience with webhosting and the setup was relatively painless. One thing that I would like to have seen is some sort of list of links on how to get started, especially since you are offering $1/month rate that would attract all sorts of inexperienced people.

It does what it says on the tin, I put up some html and it showed up when I pointed the browser at the domain. I haven't gotten into any of the software yet.

I have a question about domains, when I searched for a domain, the most desirable version was taken of course, but instead of just saying that it was unavailable, it said that it was 'backordered'? Does that mean that I can stake a claim on the domain when it comes up for renewal? I am thinking of taking advantage of that if that is true, the domain that I want is just a redirect at the moment.

Ok, something bizarre happened. I just went to whois.net to see when the domain that I want expires and it said that my url was available for purchase as though it wasn't in use! I checked the whois and it came up correctly, so I am pretty confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

optikalus posted:

The welcome email usually provides all the information most people need, but yes, I've been working on a new control panel for the last year or so and included with that is a in-depth help system.

Well, uh, I didn't get a welcome email. While searching for it I did find the email from angrydomains in the junk folder (mail.app). I will send an email to you guys to request a welcome email.

fake edit, I found the welcome email in gmail's spam folder. What is going on?

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

optikalus posted:

AngryDomains is actually a GoDaddy reseller. I've just got all the prices as cheap as they'll let me set them, which keeps going up and up unfortunately :( I used to be able to beat their own prices by almost a buck, but no more.

I appreciate your answers. I kind of figured it was a godaddy thing when I kept getting the upsell popups. At least you get a cut, right?