Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«347 »
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

I forget if it was said in the original series, but one thing I remember from the first episode of Chronicles (Netflix took down the series before I could watch the rest) was that they explained that Shen Gong Wu were also created by people other than Dashi, probably masters of the temple. I liked that detail as it explained how there were so many Shen Gong Wu and how troublesome ones like the Heart of Jong were around. It might have been interesting to see the main characters design and create their own Shen Gong Wu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I forget if it was said in the original series, but one thing I remember from the first episode of Chronicles (Netflix took down the series before I could watch the rest) was that they explained that Shen Gong Wu were also created by people other than Dashi, probably masters of the temple. I liked that detail as it explained how there were so many Shen Gong Wu and how troublesome ones like the Heart of Jong were around. It might have been interesting to see the main characters design and create their own Shen Gong Wu.

I liked the invasion in the first episode of Chronicles, with all the Heylin warriors showing up specifically to goad the dragons into destroying the entire temple due to the ferocity of the fight.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Staff from Voltron and Korra are pitching a Sherlock Holmes inspired cartoon with two lady leads:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ted-mini-series

Pilot here:

//vimeo.com/244645464

It's an extremely small staff it looks like, so nowhere near the same budget as TV

Episode 2 of this was funded. At the rate it's going, looks like we'll hit episode 3 and that's probably it, but it still looks neat!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Trailer for the new season of Voltron just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYwreVlyc0g

Looks pretty intense. I had some problems with the last "season"(mainly with how Shiro just returned to the Black Lion and Keith leaving the team after spending so much time building him up as the leader), but I still really like the show. And hey, it looks like Lance will actually get to do something this season!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

amigolupus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OkNDho8kqw

I'm not sure what I love more. That Horse_ebooks reference, or the implication that Ice Bear has had a Twitter account for ages but never bothered to follow Panda.

The real question is, with that many followers, how many times has he shifted personalities anyway?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Welp, I have fallen down the Miraculous rabbit hole

Payndz
Sep 22, 2006

They smelled of pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs, and too many right-wing meetings.

So I twatted them with a magic yo-yo. Because, hell, why not?

mateo360 posted:

And just in time to experience the annoyance and frustration of its random, frequently-delayed release schedule!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

mateo360 posted:

By the end of the week the dub will have caught up to the French version, and hopefully they'll get more french episodes out as a result.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This poster

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wait, why are there six symbols? Are the S and A both Starfire's or what?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am...

EXTREMELY EVIL!

Like I said, I'm assuming it's Slade, who will be in the movie.

Inescapable Duck
Mar 2, 2017

I figured it was mocking how they can't get their poo poo together, but works too.

Zerilan
Jan 11, 2008

mateo360 posted:

As in Ladybug/Cat Noir? I keep noticing that on netflix but never caught interest enough to try watching it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Who's a little boy now?

Grimey Drawer

So after a mini-ARG earlier today, the cover and title of the upcoming Gravity Falls comic has been revealed:

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/sta...352842667454464

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2018 around 04:22

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

I randomly found this song from Regular Show and can't for the life of me remember which episode it was in.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shitenshi posted:

I randomly found this song from Regular Show and can't for the life of me remember which episode it was in.

It's apparently from a minisode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY0-X0S_GXw

Which is funny cause the "episode" is only about a minute longer than the music video but they still felt the need to put the song in its own video

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Zerilan posted:

As in Ladybug/Cat Noir? I keep noticing that on netflix but never caught interest enough to try watching it.

It's really good but the Netflix order is all weird.

Payndz
Sep 22, 2006

They smelled of pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs, and too many right-wing meetings.

So I twatted them with a magic yo-yo. Because, hell, why not?

Senerio posted:

It's really good but the Netflix order is all weird.
If you want a purely chronological order based on dates and continuity hints within the episodes themselves, try this: Origins (a two-parter), Bubbler, Lady Wifi, Santa Claws, Dark Cupid, Stormy Weather, Timebreaker, The Mime, Rogercop, Animan, Copycat, Evillustrator, Puppeteer, Mr Pigeon, Reflekta, Pharoah, Pixelator, Guitar Villain, Darkblade, Antibug, Gamer, Horrificator, Kung Food, Princess Fragrance, Simon Says, Volpina (which leads directly into the first episode of season 2).

Series creator Thomas Astruc said on Twitter recently that it doesn't matter what order you watch the episodes in, just that you enjoy each individual story. I can see his point, but at the same time if you watched 'Volpina' or 'The Collector' as your first or second episode it would seriously screw with how you saw the rest of the series. (Season 2 looks set to make the order-fuckery even worse; 'Glaciator' has a pretty major turning point for how Marinette/Ladybug sees Cat Noir, as well as introducing a recurring character. It was produced as episode 3... but broadcast as episode 9. So where does it 'really' fit?)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I recommend watching the Origin episodes last because that was the intended air order. Before them the final two episodes are Collector and Volpina yeah.

ArmyOfMidgets
Dec 29, 2013

Goons Steal?
No Dignity!

I can't wait for Netflix to release half of season 2 and then wait a day or two for a comprehensive list of the ideal viewing order.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Is he strong? Listen, bum!
He's got radioactive cum!
Shoots death in ropey threads!
Want throat cancer? Give him head!

In the chill of the night,
At the gentlemen's club,
This swinger will get
Atomic rub & tugs!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So after a mini-ARG earlier today, the cover and title of the upcoming Gravity Falls comic has been revealed:

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/sta...352842667454464

Guess I'll need to rewatch the series. You know, for reference purposes.

Inescapable Duck
Mar 2, 2017

Shmebulok!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am...

EXTREMELY EVIL!

The first episode of Apple and Onion is up on CN's app with the TV premiere next Friday.

«347 »