Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

People asked him over and over so he made a short thing explaining himself so people could quit asking. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just think there's a difference between saying you don't thinks movie looms good and saying that you're refusing to see it. Like I understand people just thinking the movie looks bad but the original movie also had terrible trailers. Like if he had said "I'm not gonna rush out and see it but if the buzz is good I'll check it out" that would be fine and no one would think any less of him. Instead he's saying he's refusing to see it because he wanted the original cast and because he hates movies that have confusing titles and that's seems kind of dumb to me. Like the original cast thing is especially weird because of them, one is dead, one is a producer who says it's really good, one is actually in it and yes one is mia.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Let's talk about literally anything else.

Like why are they calling it a Ben Ten reboot. Nobody calls the different Transformers shows Transformers reboots and the last Ben Ten cartoon is two years old.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
edit: gently caress it. Yeah let's talk about something else.

Trying to work up gumption to watch the new Voltron series. I haven't heard anyone's opinions on whether it's good or bad yet, so I'm guessing reactions are mixed? For all the faults of Legend of Korra, it had a great look to it and I'm excited to see that same studio is working on it.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 24, 2016

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Man, it sure seems rough sitting in front of a computer and talking about stuff. This guy has my condolences. I never knew what a hard life making YouTube videos could be.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

MrSlam posted:

Trying to work up gumption to watch the new Voltron series. I haven't heard anyone's opinions on whether it's good or bad yet, so I'm guessing reactions are mixed? For all the faults of Legend of Korra, it had a great look to it and I'm excited to see that same studio is working on it.

Really? Reception seemed really positive from what I've seen. I've just been putting it off because an animated series in the Netflix "all for one" release is kinda unfamiliar to me. I guess I'll experience it again when that Netflix Wakfu season comes out.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

mycot posted:

Like why are they calling it a Ben Ten reboot. Nobody calls the different Transformers shows Transformers reboots and the last Ben Ten cartoon is two years old.

because the new ben 10 is in a new continuity (unlike the previous ben 10s)

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

MrSlam posted:

My opinion is that it has a bit of a rough start, but gets good around the fourth episode in. It's not exceptional, but it was pretty good. I have no connection to the original Voltron at all so I didn't really have any nostalgia to bank on. Rhys Darby steals the show.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

kefkafloyd posted:

My opinion is that it has a bit of a rough start, but gets good around the fourth episode in. It's not exceptional, but it was pretty good. I have no connection to the original Voltron at all so I didn't really have any nostalgia to bank on. Rhys Darby steals the show.

mycot posted:

Really? Reception seemed really positive from what I've seen. I've just been putting it off because an animated series in the Netflix "all for one" release is kinda unfamiliar to me. I guess I'll experience it again when that Netflix Wakfu season comes out.

Oh, well that's good to hear. I guess it's just been in my blindspot. I haven't heard anything negative about it or anything. Just missed the hype-train on this one.

Speaking of which I need to man-up and finish watching Dofus.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

mycot posted:

They actually do call the different transformers series reboots, because they do not share stories or characters even when the characters have the same name. Sometimes we have something like RID that follows directly from Transformers Prime's story despite having q different tone and animation style so it is not a reboot, but often they start things over, some new kid meets a new Optimus Prime who fights a new Megatron and events unfold differently.

That's what a reboot is supposed to mean, anyway.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 24, 2016

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Acne Rain posted:

They actually do call the different transformers series reboots, because they do not share stories or characters even when the characters have the same name. Sometimes we have something like RID that follows directly from Transformers Prime's story despite having q different tone and animation style, but often they start things over, some new kid meets a new Optimus Prime who fights a new Megatron and events unfold differently.

That's what a reboot is supposed to mean, anyway.

I was wondering how Transformers: Rescue Bots played into the unfolding drama of Transformers Animated. I honestly thought they were all connected.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

MrSlam posted:

I was wondering how Transformers: Rescue Bots played into the unfolding drama of Transformers Animated. I honestly thought they were all connected.

Rescue bots is actually in continuity with transformers prime.

Animated is a special case, lost the license when hasbro moved to The Hub, so it had a chance to make two shows aimed at two age groups.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
James Rolf took the loving high road instead of critiquing the trailer or the plot he took a pass, and I think the more youtube reviewers that do that the better.

"This looks bad and I do not wish to sully myself or my childhood with it"

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

MrSlam posted:

Did you enjoy the original series? You're going to love new Voltron. Like all my giant robot fan friends adored the hell out of it. I was rather lukewarm since it runs shamelessly with all of the cliches of the genre.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MrSlam posted:

It's good.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

MrSlam posted:

I would inclined to watch it just to check out that character that Tumblr is calling "Space Nigel Thornberry". Also, yeah, Studio Mir is behind the animation, so that's a plus right there, and it's obvious that some of the character designers for Korra are also on it.

mycot posted:

Question, assuming that you're not already a Netflix subscriber : would you take just a one-month subscription to watch the whole thing and then quit, or would it be your gateway into Netflix?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Two new Mickey Shorts (one was apparently from last week, but wasn't uploaded until now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59ce67U9Gc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7O22GuSc58

They've finally lifted the UK ban apparently. Wonder what changed.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Brexit?

I'm sorry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm a bun,
I'm a bun,
I'm a tasty little bun,
To be baked and eaten whole,
How fun!

The Night is still a very good Gumball.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Gumball has been renewed for a sixth season.
edit:
The info:
http://www.toonzone.net/amazing-world-gumball-renewed-sixth-season/

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 25, 2016

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

mycot posted:

I've been watching an episode a day. It's pretty nice delaying gratification.

thelaughingman posted:

edit:
The info:

Cool. I really enjoy Gumball.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

thelaughingman posted:

edit:
The info:

gently caress Yes. gently caress YES

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

X_Toad posted:

I would inclined to watch it just to check out that character that Tumblr is calling "Space Nigel Thornberry". Also, yeah, Studio Mir is behind the animation, so that's a plus right there, and it's obvious that some of the character designers for Korra are also on it.

Yeah Space Butler is ether going to be great or an annoying pest depending on how you like your comedy.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I thought Coran was obnoxious as all hell for the first few episodes but he shaped up and for the rest of the season was pretty great.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

PicklePants posted:

Some of the early from late 90's are good (Zombie Island and Witches Ghost) they kind of start going down hill after that, when you start getting one a year. The WWE one and the KISS ones are terrible, the KISS one feels like a horrible fever dream, where KISS are super hero aliens with actual magical/hero powers, and they fly around between dimensions of a guitar spaceship.
I really liked Camp Scare from the most recent batch of movies. The story feels more Scooby-Doo-ish, what with the gang stumbling upon a mystery because Fred roped them all up to be counselors at his old summer camp, rather than them going to space or Velma inheriting the castle of a mad scientist. Those were a bit too over the top for me.

Also the Woodsman was appropriately scary. Not counting the Fishman because an underwater monster is always terrifying when in his own element. Also the reason why "All Paws on Deck" and "Gremlin on a plane" from Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! had some of the scariest scenes in that series.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The last episode of Wander Over Yonder aired today. It was great. I'm gonna miss that show.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pakled posted:

The last episode of Wander Over Yonder aired today. It was great. I'm gonna miss that show.

It was a great show and I am a bit sad that it ended. Dominator was a great addition to the cast.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Air is lava! posted:

It was a great show and I am a bit sad that it ended. Dominator was a great addition to the cast.

And Much like all abruptly canceled show, you're left hanging for the season that will never come.

Edit:

X_Toad posted:

I really liked Camp Scare from the most recent batch of movies. The story feels more Scooby-Doo-ish, what with the gang stumbling upon a mystery because Fred roped them all up to be counselors at his old summer camp, rather than them going to space or Velma inheriting the castle of a mad scientist. Those were a bit too over the top for me.

Daphne wore some pretty skimpy outfits for a cartoon aimed at children.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 28, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

thelaughingman posted:

And Much like all abruptly canceled show, you're left hanging for the season that will never come.

I get the feeling they were kinda hedging their bets, because that ending worked equally well as a series finale and a hook for the next season that won't happen.

Although the animatic in the end credits certainly pushed it more into "hook for season 3" territory.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
That ending for Wander over Yonder was phenomenal. I especially liked Peeper's reactions to Hater suddenly being ultra-competent. Especially when Hater mentions his extensive knowledge of black hole physics and thermodynamics.

Also, Dominator just kept getting worse and worse. Big fan of how she reacts to Hater blocking her drill : not brute force, she just gets down there to destroy his confidence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've started watching Gravity Falls and while I'm really enjoying it the only thing that I don't like is Pacifica Northwest. She just feels like a character from a different, more stereotypical kids show. I only just finished watching episode 9 so maybe they do something interesting with her but so far they really haven't.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

muscles like this? posted:

I've started watching Gravity Falls and while I'm really enjoying it the only thing that I don't like is Pacifica Northwest. She just feels like a character from a different, more stereotypical kids show. I only just finished watching episode 9 so maybe they do something interesting with her but so far they really haven't.

she gets a little in season 2

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
She doesn't appear much, so she won't ruin the show for you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my favorite part of the show so far is how the future in the time travel episode makes perfect sense if you actually freeze framed the historical document from the previous episode because it mentions the time baby.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

I think my favorite part of the show so far is how the future in the time travel episode makes perfect sense if you actually freeze framed the historical document from the previous episode because it mentions the time baby.

There's actually a lot of little details in the background that matter, especially for a comedic show. It's part of how it got popular beyond how actually funny and sympathetic it was.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Pakled posted:

I was kinda half expecting it would end like Wizards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZqRzHnI8s

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pakled posted:

I get the feeling they were kinda hedging their bets, because that ending worked equally well as a series finale and a hook for the next season that won't happen.

Although the animatic in the end credits certainly pushed it more into "hook for season 3" territory.

When the show's creator announced that season 2 was going to be the last one he outright said that he had a season 3 planned and wasn't going to tell us what it was because he can't rule out the show getting brought back from the dead years later.

Of course, one of the examples he used for that was the new Hey Arnold movie getting greenlit and the creators already told everybody what their plan for that would have been like a decade ago soo...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Guy Mann posted:

When the show's creator announced that season 2 was going to be the last one he outright said that he had a season 3 planned and wasn't going to tell us what it was because he can't rule out the show getting brought back from the dead years later.

Of course, one of the examples he used for that was the new Hey Arnold movie getting greenlit and the creators already told everybody what their plan for that would have been like a decade ago soo...

One of the writers/editors had this to say:

This is probably all we're gonna know about what season 3 would have been, aside from the "Hater is a monkey astronaut" thing.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

That's why she only appears in three episodes and "stars" (as in, is the antagonist) in only one of those. She's designed as the polar opposite of Mabel in season 1, so just plain, 100% heartfelt awfulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The first couple minutes of that Powerpuff Girls/Teen Titans Go crossover was leaked earlier. Going to say, I was plesantly surprised with how well the TTG writers handled the PPG stuff. They actually have Mojo talking in extreme redundancies again so that's a huge step up from the new PPG show's writers.