Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Regular Show didn't completely stop doing "risque" stuff after Season 2 ended. There was a Season 3 episode where Benson has to beat someone in a spicy food eating contest. At the end of that, Mordecai, Rigby, and Benson go on the Regular Show equivalent of an acid trip. There's definitely been less stuff like that in recent seasons, that's why it's now more or less "'80s Nostalgia Reimagined: The Show." But I like that as well.

Clarence is still my favorite of the Cartoon Network shows, though (that also had a "kids' show acid trip" moment when Jeff had sleep deprivation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mighty Magiswords has a premiere date of Thursday September 29 at 6:30.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/mighty-magiswords-premiere-date-cartoon-network-1201811165/

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Today's episode marked the second yaranaika reference on Gumball.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I must have missed that one.

And the first one.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Regular Shows mech episode is insanely good. The Neon Genesis Evangalion opening is flawless

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

frank.club posted:

Regular Shows mech episode is insanely good. The Neon Genesis Evangalion opening is flawless

Oh my God I think I need to start watching Regular Show again.

Edit: The sequence in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYG9Frb23ys&sns=em

E2: loving hell Youtube tricked me. Actual one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_OC-RAm7Qs

But yeah it's a pretty great episode.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 3, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HAM-

-BONING

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

frank.club posted:

I remember someone saying that there were more anime references in that episode than the entire first season of Steven Universe. I don't watch anime or Steven Universe so I can't confirm.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunno about that either but the amount of refs that flew over my head was huge. And I love mech anime

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clarence has what I'm pretty sure is a Dead Leaves visual ref. Also in the comments to that video someone said the storyboard crew for Clarence on tumblr does something called "Claravangalion" which sounds immense

http://clarvangelion.tumblr.com holy poo poo. From the background artist and two other people that work on the show

frank.club fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 3, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Clarence is a really, really good show. Have new episodes been announced?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know, Cartoon Network's event countdown bugs can get annoying, but I don't think any of them have been as distracting as this one.

It's just constantly moving

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A double post to say that there's a preview of Mighty Magiswords tonight at 6:30.

Also, from Twitter, Dan Avidan, aka Danny Sexbang of Ninja Sex Party and Game Grumps, is singing the theme song.

https://twitter.com/egoraptor/status/772853345471954944

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
That's rad and I'm happy for him :shobon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mighty Magiswords feels like it never adjusted its pace from being 2 minute shorts.

Jesus, this is fast.

Okay, it's slowed down a bit, but that was quite a bit to take in.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 5, 2016

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, tonight's Gumball was fan-friggin-tastic. This show just keeps getting better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mighty Magiswords was pretty good. It feels like it might need a few episodes to get into its groove, but I was right in that it had a super early Adventure Time feel.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
They just need to slow it down some. Felt like it was playing at 1.5 times speed.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

frank.club posted:

Clarence has what I'm pretty sure is a Dead Leaves visual ref. Also in the comments to that video someone said the storyboard crew for Clarence on tumblr does something called "Claravangalion" which sounds immense

http://clarvangelion.tumblr.com holy poo poo. From the background artist and two other people that work on the show

http://www.bartkira.com

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phenomenal

Are you loving kidding me it's full length? How did I never know lmfao

frank.club fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 6, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaunab posted:

They just need to slow it down some. Felt like it was playing at 1.5 times speed.

Like I said, I think they're still transitioning from the mini web shorts and need to get used to the ten minute format.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Comparing Magiswords to early adventure time feels really really generous

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I didn't expect to actually like magiswords at all, but that preview episode was actually pretty good, not amazing, but pretty good.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

axleblaze posted:

Man, tonight's Gumball was fan-friggin-tastic. This show just keeps getting better.

Does it start en media res? Because the latest episode on CN's official site looks like it's the latter half of a two-parter.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

CuddlyZombie posted:

Does it start en media res? Because the latest episode on CN's official site looks like it's the latter half of a two-parter.

Yes it does.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

No, it was definitely the second half of a two parter. The CN site only uploaded part two, I had to go to shady internet websites to find part 1. How annoying.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

On Gumball:

https://twitter.com/benbocquelet/status/773245676809490437

THIS IS A HELL OF A BOMBSHELL TO DROP SO SUDDENLY, BEN

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
Last night's episode was a masterpiece, but does the evil voice reversion mean no more David Warner? :(

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Waffleman_ posted:

On Gumball:

https://twitter.com/benbocquelet/status/773245676809490437

THIS IS A HELL OF A BOMBSHELL TO DROP SO SUDDENLY, BEN

AW, WHAT THE gently caress :(

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, it had a good run. And we've got plenty to look forward to. Ben announced last year that season 5 would include a crossover with another show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Speaking of final seasons

https://twitter.com/JGQuintel/status/773353313832087552

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quintel's Twitter is really good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Gumball coming to an end sucks, but it's had a great run and I guess it's always better to leave 'em wanting more rather than continuing on as a soulless husk forever. At any rate, we've got almost two full seasons of it left to air, which should last into late 2017 or maybe even into 2018 if they don't do many Gumball bombs. And that's without taking into account any breaks they may take in airing it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I thought it was public knowledge for a while that Gumball would go 5 seasons.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Y-Hat posted:

I thought it was public knowledge for a while that Gumball would go 5 seasons.

Well it got renewed for a sixth season a while ago :v:.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Ben clarified that the sixth season would be the last season.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Makes sense, they would have to keep replacing the voice actors and that would have been super dangerous.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, it had a good run. And we've got plenty to look forward to. Ben announced last year that season 5 would include a crossover with another show.

CN has been really good with crossovers lately. I'm still amazed how well they pulled off that crossover between SU and UG despite the wildly different tone of both shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

SilverSupernova posted:

CN has been really good with crossovers lately. I'm still amazed how well they pulled off that crossover between SU and UG despite the wildly different tone of both shows.

Well it was written wholly by the SU writers