Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Despite their advertising blitz, I totally forgot about ok Ko and opposite titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Just watched this. It was OK. It’s basically Clarence so if you liked that you’ll be down for this.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
It's about time they showed Madame Rouge after all this time.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also for Miraculous people remember that Pire Noel/Santa Claws/Bother Christmas aired between Seasons 1 and 2.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

mateo360 posted:

I would assume that's because he is internationally well known music star.

Senerio linked me this one through discord when I was starting and makes sense. http://trishmishtree.tumblr.com/unofficial-miraculous-guide

and this one brings up the point that despite all the different airing orders, the first 13 were always the first 13 so Darkblade should be seen before Pixelator
Pixelator is Jagged's introductory episode, though, when he starts living at the hotel. If you watch Darkblade first, then the Mayor forgets who he is and Chloe is able to summon a rock star from his world tour, rather than him literally living next door to her.

Definitely watch Pixelator before Guitar Villain, though, otherwise the order of Marinette's B-plots is completely screwed up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Dreamworks Dragons series wrapped up on Netflix a few days ago. Since the third movie doesn’t seem to ever be coming out, it’s pretty much the send off for the franchise. A lot of it is dedicated to setting up the second movie and clearing up the character arcs of the TV original characters, but it does well enough.

Most unexpected moment:

Dagur: I gotta say sis, I’m bored as hell.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Most unexpected moment:

When did this happen?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ThermoPhysical posted:

When did this happen?

Series finale.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

The Dreamworks Dragons series wrapped up on Netflix a few days ago. Since the third movie doesn’t seem to ever be coming out, it’s pretty much the send off for the franchise. A lot of it is dedicated to setting up the second movie and clearing up the character arcs of the TV original characters, but it does well enough.

Most unexpected moment:

I know someone who's currently doing pre-production work on Dragons 3, it's not dead or in development hell or anything.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Huh. I was legitimately under the impression it had been canned.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So ReBoot The Guardian Code dropped a trailer and ooohhhh boooyyy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8B5dqjsZUs

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/Patrick_McHale/status/966706523501187073

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

mateo360 posted:

I adored this show as a kid and I still think it's a great series.

This is just God drat depressing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

300% awful. Been a long while since I've seen some fancy stupid Hollywood hacker screens though. I guess that's kinda nifty.

To be fair, the original Reboot doesn't make much sense when you actually try to think of it in terms of it actually happening inside a computer, but that was never really the focus. It was just a software-themed setting with some weird contrivance to make videogame parodies dramatic focal points. Maybe a little edutainment factor in there too.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

mateo360 posted:

I... don’t want to click on that.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

mateo360 posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is so much worse than I thought it would be.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
jesus gently caress why did I click on that??

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
ENERGY SHURIKEN!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I never liked Reboot to begin with so I can say, free of any kind of nostalgia goggles, that that trailer looks like garbage.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Pakled posted:

I never liked Reboot to begin with so I can say, free of any kind of nostalgia goggles, that that trailer looks like garbage.

Doesn't sound like anyone's nostalgia goggles are helping.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

ENERGY SHURIKEN!

That's too high energy, you need to give it a flatter delivery: energy shuriken.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

mateo360 posted:

Woof, that like/ dislike ratio on the main page.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Freak-A-Con will be on March 15th:
https://www.facebook.com/FreakACon/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mateo360 posted:

Oof that Megabyte voice is... really really awful. They just went with like the first voice they could get I guess huh?

Obviously the original voice actor is dead, but like... get someone who sounds like him?? The guy who does the WoW race intros sounds a lot like Tony Jay, get that guy to do it. He can't be that expensive!!

Also holy :lol: at the stuff with the bad guy hacker dude.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Macaluso posted:

Oof that Megabyte voice is... really really awful. They just went with like the first voice they could get I guess huh?

Obviously the original voice actor is dead, but like... get someone who sounds like him?? The guy who does the WoW race intros sounds a lot like Tony Jay, get that guy to do it. He can't be that expensive!!

Also holy :lol: at the stuff with the bad guy hacker dude.

He couldn't look more like hacker_stock_photo.jpg unless he was wearing a guy fawkes mask.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It seems like a bad idea to act like it has anything to do with Reboot, since they're clearly doing their own totally unrelated thing.

Seems like they're basically just doing a small head version of Code Lyoko.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
So in the news for things that don't look terrible, Disney just announced two new series today:

https://twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR/status/967067459474702336

"Deadline posted:

Created and executive produced by Matt Braly (Gravity Falls), Amphibia chronicles the adventures of Anne Boonchuy, a self-centered 13-year-old who is magically transported to the fictitious world of Amphibia, a rural marshland full of frog-people. With the help of an excitable young frog named Sprig, Anne will transform into a hero and discover the first true friendship of her life.

The Owl House, created and exec produced by Dana Terrace (DuckTales) is a horror-comedy series that follows Luz, a self-assured teenage human girl who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to the Demon Realm. There she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, and an adorably tiny warrior, King. Despite not having magical abilities, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda’s apprentice at the Owl House and ultimately finds a new family in an unlikely setting.

“Amphibia and The Owl House are both set in wildly imaginative worlds and share hallmarks of great Disney storytelling, including fantastical elements and memorable characters,” said Eric Coleman, SVP original programming and general manager of Disney Television Animation. “Matt and Dana each bring a unique sensibility to their shows unlike anything else on TV right now.”

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I like what I see.

Also, Owl House sounds anime as hell.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's a lot of stuff coming out lately that have female leads and that's pretty cool

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
I guess we now know what Meowth would look like as Alola Cubone.

And what Jessie would look like if she color coordinated with Alola Cubone.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Pakled posted:

I like what I see.

It sounds Miyazaki as hell.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Pakled posted:

I was thinking the same of Amphibia. A teenager magically transported to a fictitious world is the description for roughly a third of the anime released today. Of course to make it an anime you’d have to change the gender of the protagonist and the frog-people would just be cute girls who can catch flies with tongues.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Those both look neat

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, I'm way on board with both of those. Especially 'Owl House' because magic is cool.

Just realized that my fav kids' shows right now ('Miraculous Ladybug' and 'Star vs.') both have female leads. Good stuff.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Yeah, both shows look neat and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on them. Owl House especially, Dana has a great track record with her work on Gravity Falls and Ducktales and it'll be interesting to see how her new show breaks the mold.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Amphibia gives me slight Billy Dilley vibes (man I wanted to like Billy Dilley so bad but it turned out to be a big pile of eh with only a few good moments)

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Amphibia looks damned cute and Owl House looks a bit darker and edgier than your standard Disney stuff so I'll look forward to both.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Dear god, Apple and Onion is practically the kids' cartoon version of Jimmy Fallon. CN's weirder Pickle and Peanut. I really don't know what the gently caress to think.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm really excited to watch 3 new episodes plus a 2 minute leak of those new shows over the next decade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Argue posted:

I'm really excited to watch 3 new episodes plus a 2 minute leak of those new shows over the next decade!

That's really more Cartoon Network's bag.