Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Rirse posted:

The bad thing is, the UK Netflix DOES have Ducktales already.

Europe LOVES ducktales. The ducktales comic is to whole sections of europe what mickey mouse is in America. There is whole countries where if you say disney people will be all "oh, you mean the people that make ducktales?" as a first thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aren't there parts of Europe where Donald is a more popular character than Mickey altogether? I remember reading a thread in CD about how Jose Carioca is one of the most popular characters in Latin American countries, when to me he's always been "who the gently caress is that parrot guy I see in the background all the time."

Volfogg posted:

Did you actually watch the two cartoons linked above you (before The Band Concert was removed)? I don't think the more "powder white" facial coloring in those really counts as flesh toned.

Yeah, but my point is that "flesh toned" Mickey has been around at least as far back as Fantasia in 1940, so acting like it was something that ruined the character and reminiscing to the maybe-11-year-span between then and Plane Crazy is dumb.

Macaluso posted:

Holy poo poo some of the comments

Cigarettes, alcohol, and war have never been featured in Disney cartoons. You may think they have been, but you're wrong. No, shut up. You're wrong.

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 27, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

superkittenhugs posted:

I guess we have differing opinions about what constitutes a lot of character? I mean, I'm not sure what you want me to say. I just don't think he has a personality. Donald Duck is a bit of a dick, Goofy is slow in the brains but has a kind soul, and Micky is....what? I guess he says "Ho ho" a lot? He doesn't even seem to be one dimensional.

Well, Runaway Brain is pretty much my go-to and I thought the Three Musketeers adaptation was pretty good, but here's a couple others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=972hnJZHq2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqniJVpYmMs

I guess you could argue more often than not that he's the straight man, but I don't think that = one-dimensional.

superkittenhugs posted:

That said, I was really let down by Phineas and Ferb. Now, to be fair I did just pick an episode at random on Youtube, so maybe it was just one of the worse offerings. I can't remember the title, but the first half involved the boys building a roller coaster, and the second part dealt with their sisters birthday at Mt.Rushmore. I found the platypus adorable when he was playing dumb, and there might have been a handful of moments that made me sort of smile. Overall though...it just seemed totally ordinary. Can anyone fill me in on if this episode was just a poor choice to introduce me to the show, or is this just not going to be something I can get into?

Also, the art looked incredibly bad in P&F, almost to the point that I felt like I was watching something someone animated in an afternoon. If there is some sort of intent behind that sort of art direction then I can get behind it; if it's supposed to be from the point of the boys it might make sense for it to look poorly drawn. Even if it does just look like that, I can get past it if the writing is good enough. So yeah, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think you literally watched the pilot episode, which is probably the worst of the series (and one they did a "remake" of later on). You should give a few more episodes a try, but like if you can't get over the main characters looking like geometric shapes then that's not something that's going to change for you.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

superkittenhugs posted:

That said, I was really let down by Phineas and Ferb. Now, to be fair I did just pick an episode at random on Youtube, so maybe it was just one of the worse offerings. I can't remember the title, but the first half involved the boys building a roller coaster, and the second part dealt with their sisters birthday at Mt.Rushmore. I found the platypus adorable when he was playing dumb, and there might have been a handful of moments that made me sort of smile. Overall though...it just seemed totally ordinary. Can anyone fill me in on if this episode was just a poor choice to introduce me to the show, or is this just not going to be something I can get into?

Also, the art looked incredibly bad in P&F, almost to the point that I felt like I was watching something someone animated in an afternoon. If there is some sort of intent behind that sort of art direction then I can get behind it; if it's supposed to be from the point of the boys it might make sense for it to look poorly drawn. Even if it does just look like that, I can get past it if the writing is good enough. So yeah, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Like others have said, that's the first episode and it's a little off. Watch some of the episodes others have mentioned, they've refined the formula by that point enough to have fun with it. What others haven't mentioned is that the animation is a little... sloppier in those first couple of episodes. They clean it up pretty quick though.

I'm a personal fan of Tri-Stone Area, mainly because of caveman Doofenshmirtz.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Let's make a Pac-man platformer! Nevermind that even Nintendo rarely does 3d platformers anymore, I'm sure ours will be a bestseller.
The entire output of the video game industry this gen is basically mostly FPS games and the occasional RPG. I'm not defending Namco's strategy here, but at least they're trying something else.

By the way, I changed the channel to Disney XD the other day and it just so happened to have the Pac-Man cartoon on. All I saw was Pac-Man farting and flying around with fart gas trailing him. Frankly, that's all I needed to see.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

The bad thing is, the UK Netflix DOES have Ducktales already. Dunno if the others were put up there, but I saw people point that out in the Netflix thread.
It does? It's not showing up on the android app...

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010
Thanks for the recommendations guys. If the episode I watched was the pilot, I definitely will give it another chance.

raditts posted:

You should give a few more episodes a try, but like if you can't get over the main characters looking like geometric shapes then that's not something that's going to change for you.

I'm not crazy about the character design in general, but that is something I can get past if the show is good enough. It was more the quality of the actual animation that really bothered me. For example, some of the lines were extremely (and overtly) shaky in parts. But yeah, that is something that can be forgiven in the first few episodes, and especially in the pilot.

raditts posted:

Well, Runaway Brain is pretty much my go-to and I thought the Three Musketeers adaptation was pretty good, but here's a couple others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=972hnJZHq2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqniJVpYmMs

I guess you could argue more often than not that he's the straight man, but I don't think that = one-dimensional.

Thanks for the links, I will give them looksie after I finish up with Gravity Falls. And I don't think there is anything wrong with someone enjoying Micky, he just isn't a character I personally enjoy. I mean, millions if not billions of people like the guy, so maybe I'm the one who sucks?

A bit off topic, but does anyone else really miss Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? I feel like it's one of the better cartoons to come out....well, in forever. Was it canceled prematurely, or did the staff just feel like it has run it's course and wanted to move on to different projects? The art was so unique, and the humor and characters were just so incredibly charming. Not to knock people that enjoy the show, but the fact that something like Spongebob is still in production while Foster's is gone just frustrates me endlessly.

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

I really enjoy Foster's a lot but the combination of more and more depressing plots and being kinda overstuffed with uh...terrible personalities like Bloo, Cheese, and Goo was super exhausting and I just kind of stopped watching after a while because it was completely draining

Not that I think 90s relics like Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents should still be on

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Soup du Jour posted:

I know this thread usually trends towards cartoon discussion, but I saw this link about the first official gay couple to appear on a Disney Channel show, and figured it'd be relevant.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Disney-Channel-Same-Sex-Couple-1066972.aspx

Pretty interesting news. Are they the first of the Nick/Cartoon Network/Disney trifecta to have a gay couple appear in any capacity?

Does anybody else think that we're on the verge of seeing an openly gay main character on kid's TV? The public is ready for it and the the animators clearly want to do it. It's only the studio's collective fear of conservative backlash that's stopping things up. Once one of the big three (Disney, CN, Nick) sees that having the title of "first GLBT friendly kid's network" will make them look damned good in the long run they'll jump at the chance.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The Wakfu cartoon had a spin off and in it one of the main characters was a lesbian. But no one ever treated her any differently or acted like she was doing anything different. There was no very special episode. It wasn't there to be sexy either. Most of the time that it was a subplot the main character is just worried about impressing her date, but referring to her as "she" so it's not hidden. When they're finally shown meeting they just high five each other and then go off asking each other about their day. Which is far more normal than even hetero couples are often portrayed. Then again, that's France, and I think they long ago gave up completely on marketing the show anywhere else.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEP5viM5qkA
Mad did this a while back, and explicitly spelled out that Cameron and Mitch were together.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

superkittenhugs posted:

A bit off topic, but does anyone else really miss Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? I feel like it's one of the better cartoons to come out....well, in forever. Was it canceled prematurely, or did the staff just feel like it has run it's course and wanted to move on to different projects? The art was so unique, and the humor and characters were just so incredibly charming. Not to knock people that enjoy the show, but the fact that something like Spongebob is still in production while Foster's is gone just frustrates me endlessly.
Just a FYI it was added to netflix recently, along with a bunch of other Cartoon Network stuff like Dexter's Lab. Don't know if it's the entire run or not though.

Robotnik DDS posted:

I really enjoy Foster's a lot but the combination of more and more depressing plots and being kinda overstuffed with uh...terrible personalities like Bloo, Cheese, and Goo was super exhausting and I just kind of stopped watching after a while because it was completely draining
I rather enjoyed what I saw from the earlier parts of the show, but after the first Cheese episode I saw any time that character popped up I'd change channels. Super exhausting is right on.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

Parts Kit posted:

Just a FYI it was added to netflix recently, along with a bunch of other Cartoon Network stuff like Dexter's Lab. Don't know if it's the entire run or not though.

Yeah but CN is being hella stingy about it. Most of the shows they added only have like two seasons max uploaded, even for poo poo that's been off the air for almost a decade. Foster's only has its first season up.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

readingatwork posted:

Does anybody else think that we're on the verge of seeing an openly gay main character on kid's TV? The public is ready for it and the the animators clearly want to do it. It's only the studio's collective fear of conservative backlash that's stopping things up. Once one of the big three (Disney, CN, Nick) sees that having the title of "first GLBT friendly kid's network" will make them look damned good in the long run they'll jump at the chance.

pepperanne was pretty close. Sort of on multiple fronts.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

pepperanne was pretty close. Sort of on multiple fronts.

Really? I haven't seen much of that show. How so?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ThermoPhysical posted:

While we wait on that, I think I'll also suggest Mystery Inc. as another show that kind of danced around the idea of Velma being gay. It was really subtle, though -- what comes to mind is some blocking in the episode where Velma meets the siren, and her interactions with Marcy near / at the end of the series -- and I'm open to the possibility that I'm just crazy.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

ThermoPhysical posted:

In both cases you can say 'well actually" where they show moose is really for real a girl and that Janie is married to a rarely appearing husband in certain episodes, but pepperannes aunt was a pretty much "hey we can't write this woman as a lesbian but she's a lesbian okay". And pepperanne's sister was drawn and voiced as a little boy and there was jokes about "ha ha isn't that funny, her gender is wrong!" but it was played fairly straight the majority of the time that it was perfectly fine that moose wanted to dress and act like a boy and have a boyish name.

Like 'officially' both were perfectly heterosexual ciswomen 100% and there is episodes they threw in to make for sure you knew that, but treated both things mostly as matter of fact, and only sometimes mixed in "haw haw queers" jokes about it, more often than not just letting it be.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Robotnik DDS posted:

Not that I think 90s relics like Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents should still be on

Yeah I think that Bloo ended up being just kind of an rear end in a top hat. It wasn't like a character like Eddy who is a manipulative rear end in a top hat who gets what's coming to him in the end so he's an entertaining character. Bloo was just kind of a jerk who they were all forced to deal with.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

While we wait on that, I think I'll also suggest Mystery Inc. as another show that kind of danced around the idea of Velma being gay. It was really subtle, though -- what comes to mind is some blocking in the episode where Velma meets the siren, and her interactions with Marcy near / at the end of the series -- and I'm open to the possibility that I'm just crazy.

I'm pretty sure they hinted that Velma was bi and Marcy was a lesbian. Especially in that ending episode.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

In both cases you can say 'well actually" where they show moose is really for real a girl and that Janie is married to a rarely appearing husband in certain episodes, but pepperannes aunt was a pretty much "hey we can't write this woman as a lesbian but she's a lesbian okay". And pepperanne's sister was drawn and voiced as a little boy and there was jokes about "ha ha isn't that funny, her gender is wrong!" but it was played fairly straight the majority of the time that it was perfectly fine that moose wanted to dress and act like a boy and have a boyish name.

Like 'officially' both were perfectly heterosexual ciswomen 100% and there is episodes they threw in to make for sure you knew that, but treated both things mostly as matter of fact, and only sometimes mixed in "haw haw queers" jokes about it, more often than not just letting it be.

The show sounds pretty interesting. I might check it out more. What I did see was pretty good.

What's a "ciswoman"?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

What's a "ciswoman"?

I think she's Catwoman's cousin.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Cis is the term for when your gender identity matches your birth sex.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Magnus Condomus posted:

For more information on this topic, try here http://www.tumblr.com

Thompsons posted:

Yeah but CN is being hella stingy about it. Most of the shows they added only have like two seasons max uploaded, even for poo poo that's been off the air for almost a decade. Foster's only has its first season up.

This drives me absolutely nuts, especially with how lovely CN is at putting together proper DVDs of their shows in season-by-season format and not just "here's a bunch of random episodes with Lady Rainicorn". Like if I could get all the Dexter seasons on DVD I'd be okay with them rotating what's on Netflix but everything past the first the first two seasons is unavailable in America unless I want to go through iTunes which blegh.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Yonic Symbolism posted:

The Wakfu cartoon had a spin off and in it one of the main characters was a lesbian. But no one ever treated her any differently or acted like she was doing anything different. There was no very special episode. It wasn't there to be sexy either. Most of the time that it was a subplot the main character is just worried about impressing her date, but referring to her as "she" so it's not hidden. When they're finally shown meeting they just high five each other and then go off asking each other about their day. Which is far more normal than even hetero couples are often portrayed. Then again, that's France, and I think they long ago gave up completely on marketing the show anywhere else.

Which spinoff was this? I've been craving more of this show since season 2 ended.

That aside, this and the other examples people posted were interesting but in each one they were either:

1) Foreign. Which makes it less remarkable since every other first world country seems leagues ahead of us Americans socially speaking.

2) Obfuscated enough to ensure plausible deniability on the part of the writers.

Or

3) A character that only appears briefly one time.

I was referring more to the possibility of an American show for an American audience wherein a character on the level of Darwin the fish or Soos is gay and relatively open about it. The difference is important because as long as gay character's are absent from children's programming we as a society will still be sending the message that being gay is somehow inherently wrong and dangerous to kids.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Dofus the treasures of kerub. They're watchable on youtube if you know where to look. It does not have wakfu's ongoing serious plot, and is pretty much just Wakfu's... french... sense of humor. But it's alright for something that's ten minutes out of your day, and has some nice moments.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Parts Kit posted:

I rather enjoyed what I saw from the earlier parts of the show, but after the first Cheese episode I saw any time that character popped up I'd change channels. Super exhausting is right on.

I really remember giving up on it after they showed the Bendy episode more times than I care to remember.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

This drives me absolutely nuts, especially with how lovely CN is at putting together proper DVDs of their shows in season-by-season format and not just "here's a bunch of random episodes with Lady Rainicorn". Like if I could get all the Dexter seasons on DVD I'd be okay with them rotating what's on Netflix but everything past the first the first two seasons is unavailable in America unless I want to go through iTunes which blegh.

They dropped the ball with Ben 10 as well, only having the first season of the first three series up. That's not a good way to have things on netflix.

Regarding Dexter though I don't mind since Seasons 3 and 4 just aren't very good.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I think that Bloo ended up being just kind of an rear end in a top hat. It wasn't like a character like Eddy who is a manipulative rear end in a top hat who gets what's coming to him in the end so he's an entertaining character. Bloo was just kind of a jerk who they were all forced to deal with.

Everyone was really uptight for living in a magical world of whimsy. I never really got the impression that the show was about growing up or putting childish things behind you, but there were way too many killjoys in that house. Especially Mac, whose character was premised around being younger at heart than others his age, but nope, he ended up being more snippy, uptight, and constantly annoyed and exasperated than Frankie "frazzled, overworked college girl" Foster or Mr. "excessively proper rabbit" Herriman.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

ThermoPhysical posted:

The show sounds pretty interesting. I might check it out more. What I did see was pretty good.

What's a "ciswoman"?

nah, don't watch it, it's so solidly crappy 90s disney cartoon, it's fairly unbareable. At best it's interesting the finale was set in the far distant future of 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkfZlAZiTXE

cisgender is the opposite of transgender, it makes certain people super angry that there exists a word for that.

Owlofcreamcheese fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 28, 2013

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

nah, don't watch it, it's so solidly crappy 90s disney cartoon, it's fairly unbareable. At best it's interesting the finale was set in the far distant future of 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkfZlAZiTXE

cisgender is the opposite of transgender, it makes certain people super angry that there exists a word for that.

...I wasn't even aware it was a word. I keep hearing it but no one explain it until now. :v: I guess we need names for everything...huh.

That ending alone sounds pretty interesting. I like things that are created in the past that try to guess at the future. I'll probably watch that ending episode. I see you've linked it so thanks!

Magnus Condomus posted:

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

For more information on this topic, try here http://www.tumblr.com

Welp...that explains a lot actually.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_OuzTIW6ec

This is pretty awesome.

Mickey Mau5.

Seriously, it's weird as hell seeing Deadmau5 on a channel that pretty much promotes the Hannah Montana's and Jonas Bros. of the world.

Though oddly enough my first introduction to EDM was via Nickelodeon showing 30 second clips of Daft Punk.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

readingatwork posted:

Which spinoff was this? I've been craving more of this show since season 2 ended.

That aside, this and the other examples people posted were interesting but in each one they were either:

1) Foreign. Which makes it less remarkable since every other first world country seems leagues ahead of us Americans socially speaking.

2) Obfuscated enough to ensure plausible deniability on the part of the writers.

Or

I was referring more to the possibility of an American show for an American audience wherein a character on the level of Darwin the fish or Soos is gay and relatively open about it. The difference is important because as long as gay character's are absent from children's programming we as a society will still be sending the message that being gay is somehow inherently wrong and dangerous to kids.

There's 3 45 minute specials in development for Wakfu. If they do well wakfu might get picked up for a season 3.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

superkittenhugs posted:

I think Foster's was a casualty of that same time period as Samurai Jack where CN just decided they were going to kill any and every show as soon as it hit 52 episodes. I think I stopped watching long before that though, it wore thin on me after a while.

DivisionPost posted:

No, I totally got that vibe too. They danced around it so hard in the last episode that I was expecting them to just come out and say it.

readingatwork posted:

Or

Well there was Mission Hill like 15 years ago now which had a regularly appearing, non-stereotypical gay couple (and IIRC had the first instance of gay people kissing in an animated show), but I guess that wasn't really a show for kids.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 28, 2013

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Is anyone else tired of Ben 10 and Johnny Test? Johnny Test has been on since the WB used to be a channel and I find most man of action shows have interesting concepts that are horribly executed with terrible characters.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Gaunab posted:

Is anyone else tired of Ben 10 and Johnny Test? Johnny Test has been on since the WB used to be a channel and I find most man of action shows have interesting concepts that are horribly executed with terrible characters.

I think everyone feels like that with literally no one dissenting to that opinion. At best some people liked the first season of ben 10. I don't think anyone likes either series.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

raditts posted:

Well there was Mission Hill like 15 years ago now which had a regularly appearing, non-stereotypical gay couple (and IIRC had the first instance of gay people kissing in an animated show), but I guess that wasn't really a show for kids.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me of Mission Hill. Now I need to rewatch my DVDs and lament the fact that it only lasted 13 episodes.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I think everyone feels like that with literally no one dissenting to that opinion. At best some people liked the first season of ben 10. I don't think anyone likes either series.

I actually rather enjoy the first B10 Series, at least most of it, I haven't seen enough of AF, UA, or Omniverse to get a good opinion of either though.

Johnny Test can die in a fire though. I can't stand shows that are simply noise and lovely flash animation, though the unfunny characters and ever so entitled brat of a main character really seals the deal.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Am I crazy for thinking Teen Titans GO! is actually pretty good?

I switched to Direct TV and now I have Boomerang; Dexter's Lab has come out as the best of that batch of shows (first two seasons anyways),SWAT Kats is pretty awesome for an early 90's action cartoon and Powerpuff Girls got EXTREMELY meta near the end there.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Caught up on the last few pages and noticed the user ButtercupSaiyan (who was summarily banned) posting. I thought the username was merely coincidence, but the post that earned him his ban basically confirmed that he's the same one who's done numerous pornographic works of cartoon characters at decent or above quality (just look him up on Google. Note: NSFW). I'm actually quite surprised and amused at his appearance, but not :10bux: worth.

Back to the discussion though,

raditts posted:

No, I totally got that vibe too. They danced around it so hard in the last episode that I was expecting them to just come out and say it.

During the first half of the series she was interested in Shaggy and only started getting that connection with Hot Dog Water in the second season. Whether her relationship with Shaggy influenced her relationship with HDW will probably remain forever a mystery, but it could also be one-sided or just a strong friendship.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

the culminator posted:

It feels like it's getting better, the first few episodes were really rough but every episode seems a little better than the previous one.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

the culminator posted:

No, it's really pretty funny. I expected it to be total poo poo but I actually like it better than the original series' jumping between overwrought anime poo poo and taking itself way too seriously.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

the culminator posted:

Yeah, pretty much what raditts said. Good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

the culminator posted:

Nope!