Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Late to the party on this, but I just finished the third season of Infinity Train and it stinks that there won’t be any more. It seems like they really hit a sweet spot in working out how to expand the world and develop a future season from a current one. An Amelia season would have been very interesting.

We finished the third season of Infinity Train last night. Grace’s arc was well-earned and fun to watch. Amelia would be cool, but I’d love to see more of Grace when she’s trying to not suck. Have people talked about what the mirror crane she saw in the final episode could mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Bobulus posted:

Just a guess, but off the top of my head... This whole season has been about empathy, the ability to interact with someone different than you and find common ground. Grace learning to care for Hazel, then continuing to care about her after finding out she's different. Grace finding out she actually appreciated Tuba, too late. Grace realizing she's at least partially responsible for how hosed up Simon is, and trying to save him, even as he tries to kill her. The season opens with Jesse's empathy song, with the line 'When I look at you, I see me'. So when Grace wakes up, sees the carnage Simon has wrought, and decides to fix it, she literally sees herself in the [reflecting mirror] crane.

That’s a great read, I really like it. I was stuck thinking about Lake and the reflection world.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

BioEnchanted posted:

I also like that each season, The Cat is more of a rounded person than the last as we learn more about her.

Bear boyfriend was my favorite little character from the season.

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

We didn't think season 4 of Infinity Train was as good as the previous seasons. The animation took a big dip in quality, but the writing was pretty ho-hum as well. The passengers' issues weren't as compelling as previous seasons. The brief glimpses of the lore stood out like a sore thumb because they had no connection to the plot. They were brief, vague, and added nothing we didn't know. That character in the Art Gallery car raised some questions, but the show never returned to it. It doesn't diminish how good the first three seasons were, but it's a bummer for the show to go out like that.