Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I gave up on ReBoot long ago. No Tony Jay, no deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The best part about watching Gravity Falls afterwards is that you aren't waiting six months to a year between random episodes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can't tell if Sonic Boom is actually good or if I just have terrible taste in cartoons.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Gann Jerrod posted:

That's amazing, it reminds me of one of my favorite gags from Chowder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGb-2oVDWXk

:catstare: This made me uncomfortable, was all of Chowder like that?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does Cybersix count? I think it was a Canada/Argentina/Japan collaboration. Also we gave you guys ReBoot.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
https://youtu.be/oW9f04Dctz4

The National Film Board of Canada gave us some Cool poo poo. I remember Teletoon showing all these shorts really late at night, sometimes it's a cutely animated song, sometimes it's three minutes about animals dying of air pollution, and sometimes its abstract shapes eating each other.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Yvonmukluk posted:

The art style looks like a terrible Gravity Falls bootleg.

...Speaking of terrible Gravity Falls bootlegs, I found this-

https://youtu.be/pvQtY99NZBI

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Danny Phantom lost one of the best writers for season three and it shows, but that series was a lot of fun for me.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My French is très lovely, but I'm pretty sure those entries are 'meeting/hanging out with Dad' and 'volunteer at the Cat Shelter'. Escrime is fencing.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

?

Season 2/3 is the equivalent to 52 eps (Full Disclosure to Bubbled)

I think this was referring to Voltron, not SU.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
That's a name you don't recognize

Well my spoiler tags aren't working, go rewatch A Tale of Two Pines.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 31, 2018

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I watched the crap out of 6teen back in the day. But from all the weird Canadian cartoons of my youth this one seemed like, least likely to ever do a thing again.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I really liked her Fionna and Cake comic book.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

cant cook creole bream posted:

Steven Universe with gay characters?
Honestly, I have no idea what show you're talking about, since a few fit that description. For all I know it's about "My Little Pony".

Yeah, it's MLP.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Waffleman_ posted:

No, my question is more about how there can be a next season after the final season.

Episode already aired, I don't know where 'next season' came from.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Aired last month in Spain and... today everywhere else apparently.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Beachcomber posted:

Is Amphibia the first depiction of a bra in a Disney animated cartoon?

Pepper Anne had an entire half episode about bras, back in 1998.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
CyberSix was amazing and I'm still mad those comics never had an English release.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think Butch Hartman was raising some noise about a possible revival, but he left Nickelodeon and they own the Danny Phantom rights.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Those were Skydancers! I had one, it never did anything interesting like catch on fire it just scared the hell out of the cat.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
New Ducktales is on there but some places (Canada) didn't get Season 2. Also the episodes are all out of order.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Ian Jones-Quartey did a lot of animation work on Venture Brothers, Adventure Time, co-developed Steven Universe, and created OK KO. Also he was one of the first people to get in on webcomics and did RPG World, but that was... nineteen years ago. Wow.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Eyepatches are for the folks who can't or don't grow goatees.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Any opinions on the most recent Ninja Turtles series? I followed the 2012 series for a while but I think it kinda crashed and burned.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm going to keep using song to refer to pieces of music both with and without lyrics because in thirty years this is literally the first time I've seen anyone try to make the distinction.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How much indestructible hair would you need to knit a bulletproof sweatervest?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't like Korra because Toph became a cop.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
What I remember of the ATLA DVDs is that the commentary was a gamble each time. Some episodes you get Bryan Konietzko and Sokka's VA, or a head writer and the fight choreographer, and sometimes it's a foley artist and the guy who makes Momo noises.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Season one didn't have Toph in it, it is automatically the worst season.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Danny Phantom had two good seasons, one okay season, and an absolutely dire finale and I don't think it's a coincidence that the best stuff was the stuff Butch Hartman didn't write.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So anyway the finale for Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was yesterday, it was very anime and cheesy but I like it anime and cheesy. Also I'm kind of annoyed because the show was axed halfway through season 2 and from what I'm hearing it was screwed over by Nickelodeon every step of the way. Godspeed you weird little cartoon.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
In my defense, I'm in Canada and I was watching it on Netflix, I didn't know Nickelodeon was involved until I went online to figure out what the gently caress was going on with the scheduling.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't find the clip on youtube, but I just saw a clip where everyone is fighting Shredder and the fight choreography is amazing.

Definitely anticipating the animation studio's next project.

Apparently the good poo poo is all hiding on Twitter

https://twitter.com/enjoy_rottmnt/status/1197618183391367168?s=19

https://twitter.com/enjoy_rottmnt/status/1285318564535316481?s=19

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think Avatar was an excellent cartoon that should stay an excellent cartoon. How many good live action remakes of cartoons have there been? Would there be stunt doubles for all of the martial arts? How many child actors are also grandmasters of Chu Gar style Southern Praying Mantis? The special effects budget would be a nightmare

Actually here's the thing, I don't think you can really keep the same tone as the show, with the characters as the same age, in a live action series. Like, Avatar is an adventure series with Serious Themes, but it's an optimistic show with a strong humor base and I think all of the child violence would be a lot more uncomfortable if I were watching it happen to an actual twelve-year-old.

I may be talking entirely out of my rear end but that's my basic opinion. Like congrats to Bryke, they made a really really good cartoon but now maybe they should go make different things.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love Avatar but the ship wars were insufferable, and the older I get the less I care about the romantic entanglements of teenagers.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It sounds like Voltron just had some weird poo poo going on from top to bottom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiFiVFxR_Q8

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I assumed that showing two twins, one of whom wasn't a bender, was just their way of confirming that it's not wholly genetic, and like nobody else in Katara's family could bend, and none of the Bei Fongs seem to be benders either.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know how many cameo episodes OK KO had, but I know one of them was the conclusion to Ian J's long-abandoned webcomic, so they get pretty nutty.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Larryb posted:

Neither will I, though to be fair the showrunner is Asian and the original creators are involved so it might be better than the movie at least.

Actually, the original creators bailed back in August for reasons that were vague, but not encouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My problem with reboots is that they make it incredibly hard to look up information about the mid 90's Canadian CG show ReBoot. Especially after they made a ReBoot reboot.