Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

Flapjack is by far my favorite cartoon right now. Adventure Time is really great too. I'm sad to hear that Chowder has been canceled but it wasn't my favorite show. While I found many episodes to be funny, Chowder can get really irritating at times. However, the quality of animation and storyline are still a million times better than Johnny Test, Total Drama Whatever and Sixteen. I actually really loved Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and am sad it got canceled so soon. The last modern Cartoon Network show that I like is Ben 10 I just think it's really cool and reminds me a lot of the superhero cartoons I liked growing up.

As for Nick, I really love Sponge Bob and it's clear why this show has lasted so long. However, everything else blows rear end that they've got playing right now. I don't count Avatar because I haven't seen it rerun outside of Nicktoons in forever.

Disney... I can't get past Phineas and Ferb's horrible character designs so I'm sorry but I won't even bother. Kid vs. Kat is really boring and I don't see where that show is going.

I watched an episode of the most retarded cartoon the other day. I think it was on Disney but I'm not 100% and I can't remember what it was called. It was Asian themed and I think had something to do with humans vs. animals. The characters were mostly strange things that didn't look like either. There was this gigantic helmet machine that looked like a Nazi thing. I know this is the worst description ever but if anyone has a clue please let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

YES! You're both right. Hero: 108 it was.
That show is a loving wreck.

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

IRQ posted:

What's horrible about them?

Really?

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

IRQ posted:

Yes, really?

That show is great and I don't understand what's so horrible about the character designs that you can't even give it a chance. Phineas' head is a triangle?

They look like they were drawn by a 4 year old. From the eyes being different sizes to the hair and the ridiculous shapes of their heads. You can say "hurr it's supposed to be that way" but that's absurd. I think it's even more annoying that the other characters in that show don't look anywhere near as messed up so it's like those two stand out in a really weird way. If your job is to draw for a living why would you default to the most retardedly simple style of a 4-year-old child?

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

Chibs posted:

I'm sorry you hate someone's cartoon pictures. You should tell those horrible cartoon people to draw in a cohesive realistic style, give each character discerning facial characteristics (wrinkles, blemishes, etc.), draw each strand of hair individually, and crosshatch every frame by hand and make every frame a nightmare for the animators because gently caress those lazy assholes, if you 'jes wanna doodle go'on back to kindygarden, this is a cartoon for cryin' out loud!!

It's a cartoon, for children, and you're angry how "kiddy" it looks? I sat here looking at your post for about five minutes because I just didn't believe anyone could come up with such flimsy reasoning to arbitrarily dislike something but hey. :shobon:

tldr hurr it's supposed to be that way

This post is ridiculous. I'm sorry I offended you because I don't like the look of your favorite "cartoon for children." Someone asked me what I thought was so horrible about the character's design and I responded. I'm not raging out or angry. I wouldn't have said anything more than my original post had I not been asked. I just choose not to watch it because the design turns me off.

It's pretty creepy that you looked at my post for five minutes. I guess it made you p. mad, bro. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

^^^ I said that because I wasn't the first person to say that the designs were a turn off in this thread and yet got singled out to explain myself like I was a lone wolf in that thought process.

IRQ posted:

Your own avatar has some of the problems you complained about, but whatever (no mouth, geometric features, unrealistic in that a lion can't write, ears are all wrong, that hat must weigh 300 lbs, manes do not look like that, lion bodies do not have heads in that proportion, their eyes are not yellow with tiny dots, their noses are not pink, etc. [see how retardedly spergy that poo poo is about a cartoon?])

I don't get your complains about the show's art design really, and based on your "criticism" of Phineas and Ferb's art design I question whether you even have the capacity to enjoy any cartoon since none of them are realistic, but I don't care to evangelize a kid's cartoon either.

It's your loss and that's all there is to it. That's cool though, we don't all have to like the same stuff.

That is not at all what I was complaining about. I don't expect perfect proportions or scientifically accurate drawings in cartoons obviously. Just not something that looks like my cousin's 6 year old came up with it. The only person sperging in this thread is my bro Chibs up there. A lot of other people had mentioned not liking the Phineas and Ferb designs before me in this thread but you singled me out for whatever reason so I responded and you apparently read into it exactly what you wanted to hear/believe and not what I said. The designs look really ugly to me and annoying. I'm sure I'm missing out big time though what will I ever do if I don't watch Phineas and Ferb.

TigerMoJo fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 2, 2010