Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I've been toying with doing some sort of saturday morning discussion/reminiscence thread, but this works just as well considering what sort of demographic we're talking about here.

Goddamn, so many memories...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Suben posted:

Same deal with the '90s Spider-Man cartoon, although that one has aged even worse, especially the constantly reused animation. All it's really got going for it is that Christopher Daniel Barnes is basically a perfect Spider-Man. It's a shame because when I was like 9 or 10 that was my absolute favorite show.

Spider-Man: TAS was decent for its time, leaps and bounds over the series featuring him in the 60s & 80s, but yeah the animation for a lot of early 90s Marvel shows doesn't stand up too well compared to today. That's not including those CGI skyscrapers they stuck into half of Spidey's web-slinging scenes.

The one strength that's lasted pretty well over the year is, like you said, the voice acting. Barnes did a good job in making Spidey a quippy superhero and for the most part the villains were represented pretty well. Roscoe Lee Brown as Kingpin remains in my mind one of the best examples of villain voice-casting.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Behonkiss posted:

Yeah, Christopher Daniel Barnes was a very good Spider-Man...When he wasn't yelling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5tQHowPGXk

I'd say the same thing about whoever voiced Spidey in the Web of Shadows video game.

.... How did I forget about those segments?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Recently I've realized how much I miss ensemble shows like Kablam. Not everything on that show was gold mind you, but occasionally you'd be surprised by something decent.