Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
When did Adventure Time start sucking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sorry I mean specifically like what season so I can stop watching before it before it slides into garbage.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Alright cool. I started watching it back when it debuted but never made it past season 1. Is Regular Show still good?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Nah it wasn't because I didn't like it, I just lost interest like a lot of things. I have a lot of time on my hands now & I'm very sad so dumb cartoons are Good as long as they aren't boring or stupid.

Uncle Grandpa looks really dire.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 3, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The shitposting will continue until morale improves.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

frank.club posted:

drat that was funny the second time

Thanks I try.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Steven Universe says don't smoke a weed, kid! You'll kill somebody.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

frank.club posted:

Uhm, well. The show is funny

You're funny. Funny lookin'!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Pandering is totally fine, regardless of creator intent if the work itself portrays the character as positive (or at the very least, as long as it doesn't portray their minority status as a negative) . It's still cathartic to see "one of your own" on TV or in movies or whatever. The problem is when when representation stops at that level.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Yes thank you.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Toxxupation posted:

I dunno if that's even true

Cornel West warns constantly against "Santa Clausification" of specific black visionaries and heroes, remembering them solely as mythical figures over actual living and breathing human beings, forgetting that people like MLK Jr. and Mandela made constant, human failures in their advancement of an ultimately beatific goal. you can easily expand that out to other oppressed minorities; cooking figures down to their gimmicks is tokenism in the other direction but just as harmful. it reduces civil rights and progressivism into a checklist and removes the essential context necessary to internalize a greater concept

I definitely can see how it's different for other minorities who've had a much longer history of representation. All I can really offer is my own perspective, and as a transperson my representation is at the point where I'm just happy we exist and aren't the butt of a joke.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I don't really see any difference in quality except that I love that tiny-font "school bus" logo shoved all the way in the bottom where no actual school bus would have it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I clicked on this while on my iPad to see if you linked to a specific time and now even after I flicked away the audio won't stop playing.

H E L P

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Bass Bottles posted:

Sounds like you're a google music subscriber???? Or just lucky I guess.

I muted it and eventually the app crashed, freeing me from the horrible YouTube cartoon opinion man. It's hosed up that this has probably caused more grief for me than it did the guy who posted the government documents worth of redacted opinions on Phineas and Ferb.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Studios owe voice actors a lot of things, but being asked to reprise their role in a new series isn't one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Junior Jr. posted:

Don't know if you guys follow Pan-Pizza (RebelTaxi)

Why would I?