Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

The designs of Phineas and Ferb and also the fact that its musical puts me off from watching this show.

His head is a triangle.

Anyway in my cable package I get a channel called KidsCo, its really terrible, very cheap and poorly made. Fortunately it runs a lot of the old video game cartoons so I don't find it completely worthless, but it also runs cheesy cheep stuff from these guys.
http://www.mondotv.it/MondoTV_EN.htm
This crap is the definitive worst, occasionally it reaches so bad its good levels, but most of the time not even that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

The good Tom and Jerry works are all Hanna-Barbera age, look for Fred Quimby in the credits, it a sign of a quality Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote toons have the same premise as Tom and Jerry, but they're ten times funnier. Ditto Sylvester and Tweety.

I really have to disagree because that's the exact mentality Chuck Jones went into directing Tom and Jerry cartoons, and his series was awful.
In the quality cartoons of the Hanna-Barbera days, Tom and Jerry fought each other and while most times Jerry won, alot of the time Tom won. It was a fun back and forth.
In Chuck Jones cartoons Tom never won, because he changed the dynamic of the cartoon into a Roadrunner knockoff.
Gene Deitch did this too, probably making the worst Tom and Jerry shows because of budget constraints.
It's really just best to forget any Tom and Jerry cartoon produced after 1958. If you're going to judge it then do it on the good era, otherwise it’s like saying the Simpsons was bad because of the awful later seasons made for profit.
~~~

I saw the new Looney Tunes cartoon and was satisfied. Not great but I suspect it will appeal to a wider, and more modern audience. My sister who has never tolerated classic Looney Tunes cartoons actually enjoyed it to her surprise.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo was absolutely golden. It had a quirky/campy humour that probably wasn't for everyone. But it was in my opinion the best Scooby Doo series besides the current Scooby Doo Mystery Inc.

---
Also, The Looney Tunes Show is going on a few weeks break until the 25th Aug, the last episode it left us on was kinda weak. But it's had some really excellent episodes with Eligible Bachelors & Double Date.

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 28, 2011

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

:ssh: So the next episode of The Looney Tunes Show was leaked early. That means you can watch it on Youtube until they take it down I guess. Ok episode, not great, not bad in my opinion.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx9WskKZkVs (sound slightly out of sync)
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggKxEEHZ5k8

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 19, 2011

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Oh, lordy, you said it. What many cynics initially assumed MLP was going to be, Winx Club actually was, with bells on.
Also on the Certifiable Garbage List:
~Care Bear

Oh no you didn't, Care Bears, at least the 80s version, was fine for what it was, if you're going to claim MLP is any good anyway, they're basically the same "kiddie" thing.

Pleasant Friend fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

So the Hub just premiered it's news 80s reboot show, the Care Bears.

It's CGI animated and apparently there's been some unauthorized PR blunders catering to the internet Brownie movement. Pretty standard fare as far as children's tv shows go though, pretty cute, it'll probably sell a ton of merchandise.