Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
There is some show on Cartoon Network right now. It looks like an even uglier version of Mucha Lucha's animation. I tried to look it up on IMDB, and it doesn't even have a page there yet.
I can't see what it's aiming for. There's no action or sense of humor, and the characters look extremely blocky for no good reason.

How did this even get on TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

muscles like this? posted:

Any word on if that new show starting this week, Generator Rex, is any good?

If it's anything like M Rex, the comic on which it was based, then I still have no idea because I haven't read or seen either.

Apparently the comics were okay.

e: Sharing my love of Billy and Mandy here. Hell, I even liked Evil con Carne, to a lesser extent. I'm really glad that General Scarr became a regular on Billy and Mandy after Grim and Evil's latter half was axed, he was really the most amusing character.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 21, 2010

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

thelaughingman posted:

Cartoon network announced its new line-up.

Wow, half of this actually looks good.
Looking most forward to Regular Show and Generator Rex. Yep. I'm expecting the show is going to be better than the promos make it look (as was the case with Chowder).

The Looney Tunes thing looks like a serious disappointment, though.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
It seems like the 4th season is the mandatory death age for anything on the network not named Ed Edd 'n Eddy.
Which is depressing.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Y-Hat posted:

Johnny Test seems stupid to me for some reason.

Forgot to mention my absolutely rational hatred of this cartoon. The writing is hackneyed and overly drawn-out. There are aspects that make me wonder if the writers even care, or if they think that things that are painfully unfunny are supposed to be humorous. Definitely for the kids, that much is for sure.
For instance, the name of one of the villain groups is the "Johnny Stopping Evil Force 5." I guess the joke is that they have an overly long team name that they say a lot? Not to mention that half of the 'comedy' based around the villains of the series are "THEME PUN!"
The ice guy talks like Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze from Batman and Robin. The Beekeeper guy puts emphasis on the sound "Bee" every time it comes up in his speech. Get it? The joke is that their dialogue is intentionally punbearable. That makes it funny! Right? I assume that it makes it funny.

Right, and one of the characters is actually named "Bling Bling Boy." Jesus tap-dancing Christ, the term was out of date when the series started.
e: Also the dog talks and drinks coffee! The joke is that dogs don't usually drink coffee! Hilarious!

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 23, 2010

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

IRQ posted:

Nearly every time anyone moves at all, it is accompanied by a whip crack sound effect.

Johnny Test is probably the worst non-anime thing on that channel.

Fixed it.

Seriously, Pokemon is comedy gold when compared to this awful 'cartoon.'

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

I don't watch the show but what's the deal with Ben 10 and the constant new series? It seems like every other season it's a new "series."

I guess they needed a way around the mandatory 3 season death age for their most profitable program.

e: Here's hoping for Chowder Alien Force or some bullshit.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 24, 2010

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Episode posted:

As far as the Ben 10 thing? I dunno. Maybe a 'NEW SERIES!' every other year makes the concept look fresher than it really is?

yeah but this time the characters they're rehashing are ULTIMATE

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Well, sorry to double post, but this is... curious.
Was just watching cartoon network and, quite to my surprise, they brought back Totally Spies.
I didn't realize anyone actually wanted it back. Didn't Cartoon Network only pick it up the first time because the network who aired it first dropped it?

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Meeble posted:

Does anyone have a screengrab of that hilariously horrifying face that K'nuckles makes in that one episode of Flapjack?

It is the episode about that dog named "the Colonel" or something. K'nuckles was just so drat impressed by that dog doing a backflip.

I have a video, at least.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PHD4RB-IoA

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Fishylungs posted:

I'll freely admit Totally Spies was actually kind of entertaining. Are you sure they're not just airing the 2009 movie though? (I looked this up on wikipedia just now, this isn't something I know)

Nope, it turns out that they're starting the series again. The "new episode" tag and everything showed up.
I'm not sure I'm 100% on this.

Wait oh my god is this a spinoff of it too now? Just saw the title card for "The Amazing Spiez," which appears to have a very similar art and animation style.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I just remembered a scene in Chowder where he's trying to learn to write, and he's fighting a bunch of letters, including one scene where the letter "R" is stalking him down a back alley. If I'm not reading too much into it, then it's amazing that they managed to get that onto a kid's show.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Digital Scumbag posted:

Don't know what the industry term is for it, or even if there is one, but bless all the TV people for putting jokes that only parents have the experience to understand.

It's so awesome (and usually genuinely hilarious) to catch some 80's reference or something that is over the demographic's head. Or have movies and stuff parodied that obviously the child wouldn't have seen before.

Billy and Mandy's "El Gado" or whatever dude based off Snake Plissken and Ash from Evil Dead come to mind.

Parental Bonus, right?

e: Oh and the guy's name is Hoss Delgado

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 28, 2010

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

hallo spacedog posted:

I think that's why it got the morning Bakugan timeslot. They don't even bother trying to show it later in the day.

Oh my god that's it! I was talking about it earlier in the thread, but couldn't remember what it was.
Because I blocked it out of my memory.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

PicklePants posted:

Yes they do. It was just on earlier. I don't get it.. it's as bad as Skunk Fu.

There are a lot of really crappy flash animations now.. for kids.

Though, I will go to the bat for Xiaolin Showdown. I just wish the badguys wouldn't always fail so horribly. I liked Jack Splicer. (He was Budnick on Salute Your Shorts!)

The Supervillain who lives in his mom's basement is a character trope that goes ignored far too often.
I actually really liked that series. And let's be honest, the villains had their shares of success.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

thelaughingman posted:

So, what's the consensus on Fanboy and Chumchum?

When you've got two lead characters that are completely unlikeable, then you have a problem.
Seriously, it could have been decent without the title characters. I stand by that statement.

It's still better than Johnny Test though.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Regular Show was fantastic. This goes on the list with adventure time for "Shows to make sure I do not miss."

Mad is like Robot Chicken for kids, and it knows exactly what it is. Therefore, I am okay with it. I might watch it if it's on, but it's not a priority. My point being, it isn't terrible.
(I will admit I laughed out loud at CSiCarly)

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So Robotomy premiers... like 5 minutes ago.

I have a good feeling about this show. They leads went back in time and flat-out murdered their younger selves to 'preserve the space-time congruency.' I'm really enjoying this so far.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Squeeker simply seduced you with her limited characters!
(the word 'seduced' completely slipped my mind, I hate when that happens)

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So I keep seeing this "FireBreather" movie being advertised on cartoon network. It doesn't look good at all, but the thing I can't get past is that the kid is half dragon.
They specifically state his dad is a dragon.
From a logical standpoint, this means his human mother got knocked up by a huge fuckoff dragon. The rest of the movie could be a spectacularly written epic, but it would never be able to recover just because it is implied that A DRAGON BONED HIS MOM.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Well, Robotomy just made a masturbation joke. Cartoon Network is really liking these types of cartoons now.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

IRQ posted:

What is Robotomy?

It's the 4th part of the cartoon network "Good-Except-For-Mad Cartoon Hour." It's a show about robots in an apparently post-apocalyptic earth where machines have killed off most human life. It's pretty fantastic so far. They're donating coolant to be able to afford upgrades, but I assume that this is a joke about donating blood.
Oh wait girlbot just said what she really likes is "a tank full of coolant" so I'm not making any assumptions.
e: he choked on my paint balls

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

I think tonight's episode showed that it is definitely not Earth. There was a Saturn type planet in the background.

Valid point. I suppose that other planets have Old Ladies.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So just as an aside, Dexter's Lab is on.
It looks like it's going to be on at 11:30 on weekdays, which is pretty great!

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Alright, I mostly really like Mystery Inc, but there's a glaring problem that makes it hard to enjoy, and I didn't realize it until just recently;
Velma is completely unlikable.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Liam Acerbus posted:

I read through this whole thread and I don't believe I've seen any mention of Mighty Max. Has anyone else here watched it? It was pretty hardcore for a kids' show and was pretty heavy in the end. The toys were pretty :black101: as well.

Yesss, I actually went back and watched some old uploads on Youtube and I am really glad that it was so good, because I loved it as a kid. Also, the toys were absolutely brutal, so needless to say I collected them all, though I could never find the Dragon's Keep playset.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Sockser posted:

The mighty max toys looked awesome but were not very fun. You can't do much with that little space, man. I need BIG ADVENTURES not pocket-sized adventures

With enough imagination they were fun as hell. They made up for their size by being so numerous.
Also there were the playsets that were basically action figures so you could use them with your bigger toys.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So, AMAZINGLY, Cartoon Network just ran a small bumper about the history of the Whip-Cracking sound effect's use in Johnny Test. I swear they're just trolling us now.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Despite being pretty drat bottom of the barrel, you did forget to highlight the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode on that list.

Also I seriously hope Sym-Bionic Titan gets a nomination. If nothing else there might be incentive to release a DVD if it gets nominated.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I just had a startling realization. I could always grasp the fact that Spongebob kind of stopped being any good after the movie, but I couldn't quite grasp why. The world and characters didn't change all too drastically, but everything was clearly worse. I thought I was just becoming jaded, but it struck me just moments ago; the reason new Spongebob is so bad is because they don't tell jokes anymore. Wacky poo poo happens all the time but there's no comedy anymore.
It's really tragic how badly something can fall apart when a show wants to die but the network won't let it.

Fairly Oddparents hasn't fallen as hard into this trap, though it definitely has to an extent.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Farbtoner posted:

Didn't the original guy behind it all jump ship after the movie as well?

Also, Spongebob Squarepants has been around for 12 years :wtc:

Spongebob has been on the air longer than the Beatles were together.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So they really are done with Thundercats. :(
e: boy secret mountain fort awesome sure did well huh
e2: Hey, no one mentioned that MAD isn't returning! That's good news!

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I was watching Regular Show and the programming segued into Incredible Crew. Not that it's any surprise but I have never seen something so unwatchable. I would sit through a Johnny Test marathon before watching even half of another episode of this.