Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Vaerai Archon posted:

Ok this is strange there's a show called "The Secret Millionaires Club"

It features an animated Warren Buffet and Jay-Z who are flanked by a group of 14 year olds. The entire point of the series is that the kids go around the world giving financial advice to people.

It's supposedly exactly like Captain Planet only instead of saving the enviroment it's about money.

No clue on how the animation is, the character designs are very simplistic however. It's set to air in March of next year.

IIRC Hub aired the pilot a month or two ago, didn't watch it since the premise seemed stupid and you know the whole propaganda thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Yonic Symbolism posted:

You don't need to be so damning with your praise there, Transformers Prime owns. It owns a LOT harder than that OTHER show everyone talks about on the hub :mad:.
Then again I've love all of Young Justice, too, and no one talks about that except to whine about it, so what do I know.

Annnnd to complete the trifecta of cartoon action shows I'm too old for, anyone really disappointed in Thundercats? I had to drop it, it was too cutesy and dumb, had horrible characterization, and really did not follow up on the promise of its designs :sigh:.

Batman? Don't diss the Bat. Good show and good hours, come home watch some TAS while doing house stuff, do other stuff, and then chill late at night with Adam West. I positively absolutely have no idea what OTHER show you could possibly talking about.

Speaking of Transformers it seems that they have a new series coming out, does that mean the Prime series is done? Stuff happened at the end, I want to see how they deal with that problem.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

HypnoCabbage posted:

Pro skateboarders + Animation = Terrible, terrible poo poo

You can generalize this equation to Kid's show + anything some stupid big wig exec. thinks is popular with kids = terrible. See CN Real, Level Up, some new not-pokemon show nicktoons is currently promoting.

Also wild grinders' main character's blue-overalls-on-red outfit reminds me of Mario.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'll probably get flack for this but this sounds like something Japan could do competently with a non creepy writing team.

edit: Wow that short is bad.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 14, 2012

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kefkafloyd posted:

McDuffie was responsible for most of the newer series that people don't seem to like, though. He wasn't really involved in the original series. He also did considerable work on Omniverse before he died, but his wife Charlotte Fullerton has mostly picked up the writing reigns.

So he's the one that said everything is from aliens/sex with aliens?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Haven't looked at it yet, but holy crap.

So like 2-3 people are doing the job of like a dozen?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Speaking of Animaniacs, apparently they're airing on THAT channel now. Caught it last week and I think I heard Slappy Squirrel say anal.

Also the show is even more awesome now that's I'm older.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The thread title is a K&K reference.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Magnus Condomus posted:

(I don't really like Gabriel though. Fat soft spoken nerd is a cliche that I could stand to never see again. Maybe he'll grow up as it goes on.)

You forgot black. Black nerd.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
They also had an episode about the Irish Protestant and Catholic thing that involved a suitcase nuke.

Oh and timetraveling to WW2 and those two evil women trying to sell Hitler weapons and C. Planet almost dying from Hitler's hate.

edit: and an episode where spirit animals berate the Planeteers for not trying harder.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 17, 2013

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Those are all good things but I think we're not asking the most important question.

What art style would it have? More of the animeish stuff everyone been doing or something original(not really)?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Hah, CN spent so much time promoting that thing. It was pretty obvious to me as soon as I saw the first commercial that kids would probably not be interested but they just kept on hyping it up. I think I remember Toonzone laughing their butts off when it bombed (compared to CN's projections anyway.)

Are the big wigs responsible for this and the CN Real thing still working for CN? I feel like that they should be promoted to head of the Antarctica Programing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
CN Real thing bombed and that took a while. Give it time and all traces of Nick Mom will be buried and become myth.

"Internet nerds say what? No way, they're making poo poo up. No way Nick would bat stupid!"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
^
That episode of Spongebob had silly sound effects and "beeped the whole word" this sounds like you can hear the first letter, unless by brain is doing strange hearing tricks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Surprised Mystery Inc. is still alive. It got marathoned and burned through a while ago. That and timeslot fuckery are classic cancel signs.

Also new PPGs look like crap. Well at least we got new Bats.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Man, in between a sequel to Xiaolin Showdown and a revival of Teen Titans, it's like somebody opened a portal to 2006.

Avatar came out in 05, Nick is releasing a gaiden series based on Cabbage Man and the other side characters this year.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Excuse me but which show has a reference in the thread title?
:colbert:

FuzzySkinner posted:

I've been trying to figure out how Lucas Cruikshank ever amassed as many views as he did within youtube to garner that sort of attention.

Same with "the annoying orange".

As said within the comments section, it is for the most part correct. It's not as if Nickelodeon hasn't put a terribly written kids show on the air before. Try watching old episodes of Kenan and Kel, and All That now. They don't seem to hold up all that well after you've been introduced to years of better written and smarter comedy.

I heard that Fred was astroturfed as hell.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Does it take place after the last series? Is Ray still the group leader?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The worst thing about SheZow is how certain terrible rule34 parts of the internet have taken a liken to SheZow.

I mean come on.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Well Danny Phantom did have an opposite sex clone.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hopefully it gets the same network love as Adventure Time and Reg. Show. That was amazing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Too bad they hosed up Freeze. But yeah the show is worth a watch.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So how stupid is DC when it comes to marriage? Is it on the same level as Marvel and One More Day?

e: for correct name of stupid thing.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 14, 2014

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
They should make an update of Magic School Bus. Science has advanced, Pluto isn't a planet.

e: Besides the Solar System episode, what other episodes/topics had major/notable discoveries?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 12, 2014

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Rudoku posted:

How does it measure to the "pregnant by 20+ year old boyfriend" drama?

Wait what? A Nick show had a real life Degrassi plot?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

I had no idea Alyson Stoner (voice of Isabella on Phineas and Ferb, as well as an actress on some not-as-good stuff on Disney Channel) danced on a Missy Elliot video when she was younger. She just made a tribute video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEOo311_yts

Regular Show doesn't even take place in the '80s, it just has a lot of '80s references. And when did it get cool to be nostalgic about that decade? It sucked in almost every way possible, and no amount of Regular Show musical montages or episodes of The Goldbergs can make me think otherwise.

That show and Chowder were really good, but they came out right before Cartoon Network struck gold with Adventure Time and Regular Show, so they fell down the same memory hole that everything else that came before them did. I know that J.G. Quintel was responsible for a few episodes of Flapjack- namely, the one with the evil Zoltar-like thing.

What memory hole? Nerds on the internet mention those shows quite a bit. Especially Flapjack since it had some hosed poo poo. The memory hole you're thinking about is CN Real.

Remember that? I don't.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Red Bones posted:

Henry Rollins was right, and his punishment was getting his girlfriend's head blown off, and being locked in a cave, twice.

LoK has good deaths. The murder-suicide is another okay one.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I refuse to believe that " Banana Pig Cricket " is a real thing. Sounds like a joke about out of touch big wigs trying to create a new IP for those groovy radical kids.

Also I thought CN was 3rd place. Why else would they try CNReal?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

frank.club posted:

I've been loving ready

It would be nice to have what's her name making it back to the future. They can have a twist where fuckery in the past made a good future anyway. Also more rocking royalty free music.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

Samurai Jack is whatever you want it to be.

I want Samurai Jack to be a Platinum Games game.

Also I want there to be a rip off of the Winds of Destruction or the very least an awesome fight of Jack beat not-Mistral and not-Monsoon.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Other nice things about As Told By Ginger, sort of single parent family.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
You dont need to be conservative to be mad at rule 34.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, people sometimes point at Adventure Time as the beginning of the current era of Cartoon Network programming, but a lot of that talent started at Flapjack.

To be fair, wasn't Flapjack (and Chowder) right before the Dark Age/The Era Which We Do Not Speak Of?

edit : Because I'm kinda unclear. People forget because these two good toons got lost in a poo poo storm of live action stuff.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 21, 2016

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I only seen clips but the recent Scooby Doo movies seem good, maybe.

Crossovers with John Cena and KISS(as magic girls musicmens) are cool.

edit: the transformation sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af4G0H3LY2o

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 4, 2016

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

axleblaze posted:

PPG would be WAY better if it didn't try to have a lesson every episode. That aspect feels forced, is at odds with the show's general attitude and drags the rest of it down.

Wait. The new PPG cartoons has lessons? Every episode even? Even that horse cartoon stopped having "obvious" lessons with an actually end of the episode summary after a while.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Leg Day is impotant yo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Gann Jerrod posted:

So it's basically Gotham High 2.0?

I wish they had made Super Best Friends a full show. All of those DC shorts were really good.

The hell is this? Some failed concpet art for a dead on arrive pilot?

Also if they want Batman teen, reboot Beyond.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Isn't it basically a toy commercial?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MrSlam posted:

A young-ish grandpa Max cartoon is something I could get behind. Part MiB, Part GI Joe. Dealing with your secretive paramilitary alien taskforce while starting a family. Too bad old characters aren't marketable :(

If they go with Young-in-his-prime or Dad Max, they can also have some Kirk. Remember alien sex?

Everything is alien sex. Sex with fire. Sex with energy. Sex with-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I hope the team is more diverse than Extreme Ghostbusters one just to piss off terrible people.