Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Edna is an anprim with a fursona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Korra was a hot mess that was fun while it lasted but going back just reminds me of every niggling doubt I didn't think about at the time which in retrospect are actual critical flaws in it's writing, plotting, and world. We were promised AtLA but more developed, and instead we got cold war era political messaging and evil avatar spirit kites. A halfhearted gay kiss at the end doesn't make up for three seasons of YA romance getting in the way.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

McTimmy posted:

The comics have interesting ideas but can never quite pull them off correctly and the dialog is miserable.

Just like lok!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

He was nice to the trans character

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

:filez: wins again, get owned payformediailures

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

cant cook creole bream posted:

The air nomads were a stupid culture. They were basically that worlds elves. Distancing themselves from everything, acting like they were above it all and touting their spirituality, while actually being completely enamoured and restricted by their thousand year old traditions. In retrospect, I dislike that they were represented as if they were always completely peaceful, innocent and in the right.

korra has a (movie) anarchist who chokes a queen to death with airbending. that's neither peaceful nor innocent.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ruflux posted:

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/1292913701431971842

Disney TVA's official account actually tweeted about the whole Owl House thing. Gotta say, enchanted dance partners is definitely a bold new euphemism for this company.

Willow? Amity and I have been talking, and, well, we're cousins now.

(A cynical take I've heard is that Disney deliberately made the most explicitly gay part of the episode one easily removed or edited shot of Amity's note.)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I think The Doctor was shortening "woman loving woman" and "man loving man" as wlw and mlm, with an l instead of a |. They're slightly older terms often used in sex education cirriculum, since they're pretty self evident. The goal is/was to separate homosexuality as a personal identity from the actual act of homosexual intercourse. (if say someone doesn't think of themself as gay but still does sex work, or older guys who might be closeted or have personal reason not to identify as such.)

I do enjoy the term men piping men tho, gonna start using that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

toph build the enormous earth dams needed to make it livable, just off screen

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

korra exploded the world of AtLA into a bunch of cool color coordinated clothes and whatever was necessary to make their terrible politics points about how liberal capitalism is the one true way to run society :goonsay: and shouldn't be cannon :goonsay:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kill the part of you that's afraid and post in cspam. That said, there is no Trump joke better than the man himself.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Tasmanian Devil is a trotskyite

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Never knew I was Australian

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i have tumblr fanworks depicting steven universe as black bloc antifa and i will mail them to fox news unless cartoon network sends me money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bobulus posted:

For those that wish to know: It's completely unironic. That specific comic is from a webcomic a guy made while going to school to get a law degree. So there's lots of other comics depicting both his love of children's cartoons and his belief in conservative principles. He's a lawyer now, I guess.

it's been Ever So Many Years, but IIRC he ended up flaming out before graduating or otherwise hosed up his career