Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
BTW just started watching Phineas and Ferb (only saw a few scattered episodes until now including the hilarious Marvel crossover) and I loved the joke in the first episode with the Rollercoaster and the section of track called the "AaAaAaAa!". Thought that was funny.

Edit: So far Ferb get's the best lines after Doofenshmirtz. *Ferb Vulcan pinches Buford* Phineas: "Feeerb~" Ferb: "Well, he was all up in my face. :geno:"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just watched the Phineas and Ferb with Love Handel. My favourite line overall:

Phineas: Can we help?
Dad: Unfortunately not, unless you can work miracles...
Phineas: What's your budget? :smug:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Well, Gravity Falls finale in 10 days. I'm hyped!

Edit: Also, just finished the first season of Phineas and Ferb. IMO The main weak link so far was Journey to the Bottom of Buford, but there are a lot of cute lines overall. I liked the one where the boys build a cartoon studio, just for Candace at the end:
"It got up. And danced away. Danced Away. Danced Away."
"You're saying it just got up and danced away?"
"See it even sounds crazy when you say it!"

Also P+F Get Busted is pretty great.

Doof and Perry are still easily the best though. I liked the subplots with Doof buying the house in the suburbs and just chilling with Perry for most of the day, and the one with his old teacher:

"You still think I'm evil, right :("
*Perry gives him a meaningful fingergun and smile*
"Thankyou... Perry the Platypus...:unsmith:"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 5, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just watched That Sinking Feeling. I love that Doofenshmirtz can just call off a fight when it's no longer fun and just tell Perry "OK, you've overstepped the line. Time for you to go home. Jackass :mad:"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just watched Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs to You!. It actually makes Phineas somewhat interesting due to revealing his penchant for building things as more of an obsession.
He makes Isabella feel invisible in Paris as he only sees things in spare parts with which to repair/remodel the plane that they built, without taking in the sum of what they are currently used for. Isabella suggests enjoying a Cafe, he only sees the canopy as a potential parachute or sail, and only sees the Eiffel Tower as "I wonder if they have any spare metal left over from it's construction".

Then when they get stuck on a desert island with no materials, just a pair of trees, a large Yak, a load of sand and no tools whatsoever, he goes completely stir-crazy and has a mental breakdown because for the first time in his life, there is nothing he can do.

They actually managed to make the comedic Main Character almost as interesting as the mad scientist (Well, for 40 minutes anyway :P)

It cemented the thought in my mind that Phineas and Doofenshmirtz are two sides of the same coin: Severely obsessive, penchant for elaborate plans because he can't bear to do things the easy way, fails to notice the strain he puts on people around him. The only key difference is that Phineas has supportive parents who encourage his pursuits unlike Heinz's terrible parents, and he will grow out of his dismissive attitude towards his projects by the time he is 30. I mean, he basically throws away any lasting benefits, simply because he gets bored of it, and while part of that is that he is 10 years old, his obsessive streak is probably able to dismiss it because it gives him room to plan his next project without getting tied down by anything.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 6, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just watched the movie Adventures in the Second Dimension. I quite like that Phineas isn't mad at Perry for keeping the secret on it's own, with that part he's just hurt that Perry didn't trust him, he's mad because he was so focused on keeping his secret he literally just sat there and let the brothers help Doofenshmirtz build his Alternate-Dimensioninator instead of stopping them effectively.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I just watched the episode where Candace decides to just take a 'me' day and actually succeeds at ignoring her brothers. Thought it was pretty great. Mainly because Doofenshmirtz's subplot with the Pizza chef was hilarious. Just love his sleeves sucking everything and everyone up and just exploding. And then the line "That failure was spectacular! Even for me!" Still laughing at that. Funniest moment in the entire series. I also loved the Confetti-Cake-and-Huginator - very clever misdirection there.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 8, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just saw the Early Season 4 episode with the Platypus Hunter. Thought the Baljeet storyline was wonderfully creepy with their reprise:

Decisions are much easier when made en masse
No one accountable, no fear of loss
Because there's more of us, you will obey
You do not have a choice; do what we say!

It's only mob mentality, you do not understand it fully
Put together thirty nerds and you can make a giant bully

Buford is in trouble now, see the sweat upon his brow,
Our numbers are superior, surrender we will not allow

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Double posting because the last post was more than a day old at this point:

Just finished the series now that I've seen Last day of Summer. Overall notes (encasing in spoilers as this series has more continuity than I knew): I quite liked the implications that the movie and the episode where Baljeet breaks up with Buford made, that Phineas is just as obsessive and shortsighted as Doofenshmirtz but doesn't have the baggage of a bad childhood: In Paris he didn't notice how frustrated Isabella was because he was too busy thinking of ways to use the attractions to hand to repair the plane, on the Desert Island with nothing to work with he completely falls apart, and (even though it's not as severe because he has his tools Baljeet is just forbidding him to use them) he has troubles on the mountain as well.

I enjoyed that Lawrence knew the scale of what the boys were doing in some episodes and found his relationship with them and his father pretty great. Also that by the end of the series, Linda had (unknowingly, she thought they would arrange the contractors, not build it themselves) made a request at her block party as well.

I liked the escalations of scale, by the end of the series the boys had been actively commissioned to work their miracles (The Extreme Waterpark, Vanessa's Halloween party). I love how the 10 years later (Act your Age) and 25 years later (Candace Time Travelling) play out for the boys, they'll excel when school restarts and keep doing so for the rest of their lives (because they'd have no excuse not to), get into so many great colleges they could literally decide their future's with a dart board, and then eventually be winning awards in Sweden and just generally keep Dieming every Carpe that comes along. I partially appreciate this because it's more satisfying than things like Dexter's Lab, where in his down time he would break the time space continuum easily but struggled with a basic maths test and result in a pathetic office job.

With Doofenshmirtz and Perry I love their relationship and how the plotline resolves with the conflict between LOVEMUFFIN and OWCA. I enjoyed the special where Rodney takes over the organization and escalates Doof's plans beyond their original scope (and Doof's line about "There is a fine distinction between Evil Scientist and Mad Scientist and we've just crossed that line. I don't want to rule over an endless winter, who in the world would find that desirable?") and Doof turning good so his daughter could work at OWCA was the only in character way to resolve that because she is the only person he would have given his entire lifestyle up for. (Also her calling him out on being not Evil but "A good person overcompensating for childhood trauma" was a pretty great way to give him the kick in the rear end he needed. I also liked how the future episodes showed how things would go - he'll be given a choice on how to atone, jail time or teaching, and he'll take teaching, then 10 years later be a happily retired man bowling with his old nemesis on tuesdays. I loved his last Inator as well for the "Oh did I set off the old inator-alert system? Oh how funny is that? Commander Carl must have been so spooked!" I also like that he was so content he had to Inator his way to a midlife crisis to fit in with his friends.

I enjoyed the episodes with Doof and Perry just hanging out, especially the one where they get stuck in the desert together. ("Oh, very clever Perry the Platypus, point my finger back at myself. So your saying that I'm the one holding me back? Fine! Let me do this my way with no interference from you and we'll see if I still fail." *Perry just stands back and gestures to the gate*)
I also loved when Doof got kidnapped Master Mystery (or whatever his name was) upset that Peter the Panda was thwarting Heinz on the side. Just for OWCA noticing their may have been foul play levied against Doof being the thing that got Perry to cut the briefing short and run right over. I really got the feeling that Perry just likes Heinz more than Francis despite working for Francis, probably because he has more rapport with Heinz. Also Heinz adivsing Mystery on how to repair his relationship with his nemesis was so :kimchi: Speaking of that emoticon I also loved the sugar rush after the cake fight.

Night of the Living Pharmacists was pretty funny. *After Heinz's repulsinator, designed to make things hideous, turns his brother into him* "Oh, of course, that's the Universe's little joke on me. Very funny universe!"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 11, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I muted it and eventually the app crashed, freeing me from the horrible YouTube cartoon opinion man. It's hosed up that this has probably caused more grief for me than it did the guy who posted the government documents worth of redacted opinions on Phineas and Ferb.

I spoilered it because other people have mentioned that they are watching it as well, but I had a lot to say now that I had all of the context that the show was going to give me.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

El Tortuga posted:

Jesus, it's Phineaus & Ferb, not Lost or something. Did all of that have to be spoiler-text?

A lot of it is late-game character development that earlier episodes don't hint at even existing, so I figured that some people may not want to know ahead of time that the show ends with the villain turning good so that his daughter can join his rival organisation. Figured it was common courtesy.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

BTW There was a P+F background gag I really enjoyed during The Inator Method on the presentation. In one of the shots during the fight the projector says "10 ways to avoid thwarting yourself" :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just watched the OWCA Files special. It was noticeably weaker than the rest of the series but I thought Doof's teamwork song was pretty good. There's no I on teamwork but there are bits of all of us :3: (T and O from Doofenshmirtz the Ocelot, E and K from Karen the Cat, A and R from Harry the Hyena and M and W from Maggie the Macaw.)

Edit: Although Doofenshmirtz making those missile launchers is completely out of character - he doesn't do weapons, it's not his style. He finds them amateurish, like if you have to pick up a gun then you've already given up.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 12, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

One last Phineas + Ferb thing to say: I think this is definitely the funniest song in the series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWwiKjCli94

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

That list reminds me, I think my favourite individual Teen Titans cartoon episode was the one with Thunder and Lightning. They were pretty cool one-shot characters.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think my favourite character interactions in TT were Raven getting closer to Beast Boy and Cyborg in Nevermore(personal fave episode) and Raven getting closer with Starfire in the episode where they swapped bodies. Both afforded real insight into her character and were generally cool and funny.

In other news I was thinking about Sabrina the Teenage Witch earlier as I started collecting DVDs a few years ago out of Nostalgia (still found it funny, probably just nostalgia though) and realised during that time why Libby was a more interesting Evil Cheerleader than most later examples of the archetype: She isn't evil because she's a cheerleader like the later versions of those characters tend to imply. She is a cheerleader because it gives her power. Even when stripped of her title she can quickly rebuild, in the episode where Sabrina turns her into a nerd, she just becomes Queen of the Nerds and makes them the new feared clique in school.

Also Harvey is much funnier after he breaks up with Sabrina, when he comes back in the penultimate season, during the college years, he got some of my hardest laughs. Unfortunately I can't find a clip, but there's an episode where Harvey is at the Coffee house and Josh gets talking to him after a fight with Sabrina. Josh thinks Harvey's speaking metaphorically but Harvey thinks Josh has figured out that she's a witch, as his opening line is "I think I know why you two broke up". Then this happens:

Josh: I can't believe you put up with her for so long!
Harvey: Has she turned you into a puppy dog yet?
Josh: No but she's trying...
Harvey: Yeah but that's nothing compared to when she got me pregnant!
Josh: Wait, what are you talking about?
Harvey: :gonk: Wait, What are you talking about? *Flees the shop in a panic*

There was also an amazing scene where Harvey conspired to cheat at poker by Salem hinting at everyone's hands. He initially turns Salem's offer down but Josh starts being a bad winner. Harvey just locks eyes with Salem... and nods.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

They did pretty much everything they could with Phineas and Ferb. By the end they were stretching out the formula as much as possible and turning it inside out. Also it was 222 episodes taking place ostensibly over 104 days.

There's somerthing just so incredibly earnest about most Disney cartoons. Phineas and Ferb set out to be a formulaic show, and by god, it followed that formula from start to finish. Sometimes it pointed it out and had fun with the formula, but it never acted like it was above its formula or tried to do things ironically. I went and rewatched some of Kick Buttowski, and it was a little cringe-worthy how they tried to do some of the things that they thought the kids thought were cool these days, but it was just so honest about what it was doing, and the characters all fit well within their context. Wander Over Yonder has the same sort of straightforwardness about its own theme. It's weird.

Sometimes it managed to break from the formula. In Road to Danville most of the episode is Perry and Doofenshmirtz trying to get back to the city from the middle of the desert so that Heinz can play his part in a play, Phineas and Ferb and their friends are just bookends in that episode. Although I love Buford's dialog in that one, esp after he complains about the fact that they are planning on making a rug that day: Isabella: "You know, you don't have to hang out with us every afternoon?" Buford: "No, I'll stay. I don't want to play alone...":3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Based on this thread's talk I watched some Miraculous Ladybug, and found to my distress that it was not good. Formulaic and full of stock characters (are we really still doing "the 'Popular' Cheerleader Who No Actual Human Being Would Ever Like Because She Is A Literal Sociopath" in 2016?), even if the animation is different and pretty.

I also started watching Wander Over Yonder based on this thread's talk and found that it was in fact good. I really appreciate all the different ways things work out instead of just having Wander be right all the time.

I like the Wander Over Yonder where he goes to the planet of bad guys and thugs to try to get fuel. Normally the setup would have involved him lying about his accomplishments and getting caught out, and it starts that way when he claims to be wanted. Then he RIPS A GUYS CHEST HAIR OFF to draw said poster on it, leads the entire bar on a mad, destructive chase through the city and by the time he gets to the big bad guys mansion his reputation on that planet is cemented as a complete psychopath who cannot be predicted and all the things people are attributing to him are things that he has ACTUALLY DONE in the episode. Just because he was having so much fun playing the villain :kimchi:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I have a feeling Gumball wasn't talked about much because it started with a few bad running gags, like the Chin girl who's only joke is that she is irritating and gross. That at least put me off getting around to it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

One thing I always find annoying is finding a good scene or idea in a bad show. I randomly had Hanna Montana on on three separate, random occasions (my brother was watching something he enjoyed years ago, didn't turn off the TV and I walked in during these scenes) and saw moments that were actually interesting or funny, which makes the rest of the show a shame, especially since the actors aren't bad actors, they have done well in other things (I thought Miley did fine in Bolt for example). They are as follows:

1) The first time Lily, the best friend, finds out Miley's secret she gets caught up in the glitz and, in private, accidentally calls her Hannah after promising that her being allowed into her world wouldn't change anything between them. That could have been an interesting source of conflict, one large mistake almost destroying a friendship could have made a strong arc to start the series off.

2) A moment between the Father, Billy Ray Cyrus, (Called Robbie Ray in the show) and the brother. They have borrowed each others cars but the brother is terrified that he accidentally scratched the father's car. The Father is surprisingly understanding, pussy-footing around the situation with "At least you learned your lesson", and when the brother lifts the sheet nearby he sees why - his car is completely totalled and the dynamic has flipped. A Funny Joke! A miracle in this show.

3) Miley has the idea to reveal herself in an interview and back pedals when the interview is scheduled. She instead makes it looks like she is just a deranged fangirl, and her brother helps. The Joke is cemented when the father comes out and introduces himself, of course, as Billy Ray Cyrus. That is a funny moment, the delivery is funny even if the woman's reaction is overblown all to hell.

There were three interesting or funny moments that showed at least one of the writers was trying something. Anyone noticed similar things in other bad shows?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Did anyone ever watch the canadian show "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High"? I watched it online a few years ago and enjoyed it despite where things just get silly, because it has a decent sense of worldbuilding and some fun twists. The Janitor was a fun character with moments of personality beyond generic mysteriousness and I liked where all the seeds came to fruition, like the Palladium floor in the science room and the Frictionless Chi ball.

Also the episode where Lucas gives himself x-ray eyedrops had an inspired twist. He uses his x-ray vision to break into the shady scientist's office to locate the macguffin, only to bark his shin on a table and realise he didn't see it at all. His xray vision has become so potent he is seeing through everything - he is legally blind. He fumbles his way to the phone and calls his friends for help.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Did anyone here watch Filmore! when it was on? I loved that cartoon. It was a police procedural set in a middle school, but all the plots were as high stakes in presentation as an actual procedural, with my favourite one-off character being a Hannibal Lecter homage, a mad graffiti artist. There was a great joke where he smuggled in half a crayon one day and escaped when being transferred to the usual detention classroom. "This is what he did to the third floor bathroom. *Shows photo, everyone dryheaves*" That show was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxWCc_eLLXI The Intro

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just got around to watching Star Vs the Forces of Evil. Pretty rote characters for the most part, but there were a few interesting questions raised in the first series about the overall universe. The Monster Massacre is obviously an allegory for the immigrants to the America's treatment of the natives, right down to the sanitized version taught to Star so I'm curious where they're going with that, and the question of what it means for the wand to be cleaved is an interesting one - especially calling attention to the dual meaning of the word. Overall I like Steven Universe better, but we'll see how the second series follows on from what the first series has been building up to.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think two of my favourite PPG episodes were the one where the Girls all go on strike cause they're sick of doing everyone's everything (Blossom: So how will you defeat the monster? Townsperon: I know! We'll feed it soggy toast!) and the one where the Gangrene Gang get into the mayors office, just for the final scene with Him, Mojo Jojo and Fuzzy Lumpkins dispensing justice.
Him: "~Soooooo... I hear you like to make~ PRANK CALLS!"

On a side note, in Courage the Cowardly Dog my favourite character was Katz. He was the only villain who was truly evil for the sake of it. The others all wanted money or power to some extent, Katz was just a serial killer who liked murdering people. He didn't want to scam muriel or eustace out of money, or really trick them beyond getting them in the door, he just wanted to kill them, and not out of revenge at first, mostly just for the fun. The only character he felt vengeful towards was Courage, and even then he basically plays with his catch just like any cat. His catchphrase was "How about a little sport before you die?" after all. In his first ep he also brought out the best in Muriel: She saved the day in that one, hitting him with a frying pan after escaping one of his spiders before he could finish Courage off. "Let's go home. The service here stinks. :mad:"

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 6, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Crabtree posted:

You cannot be serious. The serious you are implying cannot clearly be serious enough, or else I would believe it. And that is not happening here, let me tell you.

I loved the OG Powerpuff Girls episode where Bubbles gets amnesia and starts thinking that she's Mojo Jojo, only for her redundancies to get so infuriating Mojo chumps her by hitting her from behind after yelling "OOoohhhh, Shuuut uuuuupppp!"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIS-6mxJh5w

Just a shame I can't find the clip of Mojo telling her to shut up. The delivery is hilarious.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 2, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It could even work with Mojo speaking concisely being the plot point - What has happened to Mojo? Maybe a speech therapist or something could have got involved, then at the end of the episode he becomes so enraged an episodes worth of redundancies spill forth in a tidal wave of anime gibberish, restoring the status quo and giving us an epic level Mojo speech.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Crabtree posted:

However, I'd still prefer MiB or Jackie Chan over Extreme as a personal choice. I just cared to follow those shows more.

I think my favourite thing about Jackie Chan adventures was the interview segment early on where Jackie admitted that he always wanted to be a cartoon character to be able to do ridiculous stunts that were physically impossible in real life. Then he got money and decided "gently caress it! Let's be cartoons!" :3: And the show was actually interesting and funny for right up until the poor final season, but at least everything up until Shendu's son was cool. I liked Tarakudo for the continuity and I liked the idea that Uncle had to step down as the family shaman and allow Toru to step forth because he knew very little about Tarakudo as he was a Japanese demon and he was versed mainly in Chinese mythology. Also it was cool seeing the different types of Shadowkhan.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Reminds me of the cartoon based off Evolution, called Alienators: Evolution As the monster of the week continued to evolve throughout the episode, triggered by alien goo, the creatures would always end their evolution into the same basic form - the hivemind/perfect organism Scopes. It was kinda dumb but an interesting way to build up a recurring villain, have him be a hivemind who when assembled, remembered the team (If I recall correctly). I thought it kinda worked because of what it said - that (as far as the series is concerned) in the long run their isn't anything that can be done. It was a dumb, garbage dump of evolutionary theory but it was an interesting concept that, short of genociding an entire alien race and the goo it created, there was no way of really stopping Scopes for good.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 10, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On the recommedation earlier in the thread I've started watching the MiB animated series. Just finished episode 2. I love L, she's great. Especially when she runs off to save J and K in episode 2 and Z yells "Wait! You place in in the Lab! Don't go all Nancy Drew on me!" and her response is to chuck the labcoat, get on the hover-motorbike-thing and just retort "Nancy Drew never had one of these!"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like that all the Bugs, starting with Geen in the prison break episode, are voiced by Vincent D'Onofrio doing the edgar voice :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm onto season 2 of MiB and I love what they did with the worms in the episode The Little Big Guy (about the war between the Arquillians and their terrible neighbors).

When the arquillian that Kay and Jay manage to save is brought to the MiB for safe keeping the worms are asked to get him a warm drink, but upon their obvious offer of coffee they laugh at him for asking for decaf, as expected. But later on when he is cowering on the Twin's Desk potentially watching the demise of his entire world, one of the worms offers him a small cup - "It's decaf... Just the way you like it bro..." :unsmith:

They're idiots through and through but sometimes they grasp just how serious a situation is. They're actually better here than they were in the movies, all they were in the movies was mildly annoying set dressing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm watching them on KissCartoon.me. I like that L and the worms are allowed to be useful, it's also good to have the reminder in the Big Bad Bugs episode that L was the one who killed Edgar in the movie. I just love that moment of relisation for Zed:

Frank: "He's after the agent who iced Edgar!"
Z: "OK, I want security detail on K at all times."
Frank: "Not k."
Z: "J?"
Frank: "Nope."
J: "L!"

Also in relation to the above note - I have a high tolerance for drops in quality so I'll judge season 4 when I get there, but thanks for the warning. I still enjoyed moments in the Sabrina The Teenage Witch post college because Harvey was at least loving hilarious then due to knowing permanently that Sabrina was a witch and finally being given stuff to do, even if the main plots got subpar.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 10, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was fine when Sabrina did the same thing. I'll probably be fine here. I can often find things to like about a lot of characters, but I guess I'll see how they hold up, but I'm fine with the idea of Status Quo changing - I always find it more dull when something stagnates.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm kinda curious how Ludo intends to use the wand now that he has one. He's obviously a lot wiser and more self reliant than he was, so will that effect his initial plan to get a bigger body and start randomly wrecking poo poo?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just saw a comic that surprised me - a new Dangermouse Magazine has been released in the UK. That show's like, 50 years old by now, surprised it's still profitable. Although something amusing I thought of - Penfold could theoretically be a better shot than Danger Mouse if he was given the proper training and field experience. Penfold wears glasses and has bad eyesight, sure, but DangerMouse has one eye. The eyepatch is purely cosmetic to hide the socket/deformity. Penfold wears glasses. They correct his vision, negating his disadvantage. DangerMouse is stuck with one eye and no depth perception forever.

More seriously, previous point was a joke: DangerMouse has been shown to be a bad Pilot, he's always bouncing the flying car after Penfold asks him not to. He's gonna wreck the axles, at least let Penfold have a go flying.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Ok, never heard about that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Not really a show, but I always thought that the Disney's Descendants movie was approaching the story from the wrong angle. The main characters are Teenagers, stuck in a ghetto island due to the actions of their terrible parents - why would they want to be anything like their parents? Teenagers are all about rebelling, and their parents give them a drat good reason - because of their villainy they were screwed from before they were born, and not one of them resents them for it? The route they took with "Baby" Jafar/Maleficent et al was the most boring one they could have picked.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

So Descendants is a lovely Disney version of Runaways?

No, that's the problem. They're all exactly like their parents but more homogenised.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I enjoyed what I saw but I was reluctant to binge it because I heard it started with an overreliance on bad jokes like the Gross-Out Humour of chin girl (failing to) eat or constantly vomiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Catching up with Star Vs now the latest eps are up, and I love (By the Book Spoilers)Ludo's final line in "By the Book" after he gets kicked back to Muni after trying to learn how to make his wand work - "Hahahahaha.... guess what... THERE'S A BOOK!"