Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if they'll ever bring in Scrappy Doo for a cameo. They might be able to make him bearable.

Scrappy and Flim-Flam (from "13 Ghosts") showed up in a first season episode as statues in the museum Velma's parents run.

Mystery Incorporated is the best version of Scooby-Doo! Warner Bros. has done in a long time. I'm really grateful it was never picked up on by bronies or similar groups. Even if that means we only get these two seasons. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

DivisionPost posted:

It's even better when that someone can finish out his run on at least some of his own terms. There's a lot of circumstantial evidence on Wikipedia to suggest that this storyline was always planned as a 52 episode run.

Really? That would be awesome if that were the case. I'd be a little disappointed because Scooby-Doo Mystery, Inc. is a great show, but if it's ending on the creators' terms, then I can't argue with that.

I also learned to avoid the entry for the series on Wikipedia during the first season as I ended up spoiling myself for upcoming episodes when I was looking something up.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

RBX posted:

So new power rangers this weekend. I don't know if this is gonna be a train wreck or nostalgia overload.

It's the 20th anniversary season, so it definitely has the potential to be both. Just like Samurai, it's going to be split into two seasons (because that's what Nickelodeon wants). The first season will be full of MMPR homages with things like teens in high school, giant head as a mentor, even the colors of the rangers matching up with the original MMPR characters. The second season will use Gokaiger, the pirate-themed sentai and have appearances from old characters and references to past teams.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/1362103272719462402

https://twitter.com/Matt___Burnett/status/1362114426761973760

Craig of the Creek is getting a fourth season and Craig's little sister Jessica is getting a spin-off series.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Hexmage-SA posted:

I don't remember what the URL was, but I actually read the blog of the guy who helped write the first episode with Scrappy Doo in it. Him and Joe Barbera apparently had the idea of making Scrappy more like the chicken hawk from Foghorn Leghorn but standards & practices thought a character actually attacking the monsters or whatever would be a bad influence on kids.

Here's the blog. His name is Mark Evanier and he's worked on an incredible number of cartoons and comic books over the years.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

WBD/Max says it was a mistake, Looney Tunes are not leaving the platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Who needs original ideas when you can just plop out a sequel to a pre-existing property? :v:

Nickelodeon orders Fairly Oddparents sequel series with original voice actors set to return.

quote:

Titled “Fairly OddParents: A New Wish,” the new series will see the return of voice actors Susanne Blakeslee and Daran Harris as Wanda and Cosmo, respectively. Nickelodeon has ordered 20 episodes of the series, which will debut on the cable channel this spring. The series will also be available on Netflix internationally later this year.

Blakeslee and Harris will be joined by Ashleigh Crystal Hairston, who will voice the new main character Hazel Wells. The official description for the series states:

“In ‘Fairly OddParents: A New Wish,’ ten-year-old Hazel Wells has just moved to the big city of Dimmadelphia because of her dad’s new job. On top of being in an unfamiliar environment, it’s the first time she’s been without her brother, Antony, who’s just left for college, leaving her lonely and unsure of herself. All that changes when the pink-and-green-haired neighbors next door reveal that they are no ordinary neighbors…they’re Cosmo and Wanda, fairy godparents! And they’re coming out of retirement to make all of Hazel’s wishes come true.”