Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Interweb posted:

Also, holy gently caress, Jim Cummings is in this? I haven't heard the guy appear in any show in years. Thought he retired or something.

He's in a lot of things. He has a good range so it can just be hard to recognize that it's him.

He's been Pete from Micky Mouse for a long time, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Hondo Ohnaka from Star Wars. Lorewalker Cho from Warcraft, Like 10 guys in Skyrim and tons of other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

raditts posted:

e: actually it looks like he still does Megatron in the video games and some of the TV shows. His IMDB is insane.

He does Soundwave in pretty much everything as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Acne Rain posted:

like up to season 4 or 5 and a movie or something, like five years? It was actually possible with that series, too.
He know ahead of time which villains and spider man stories he wanted to adapt when, and basically was going to put peter through four years of high school and have a movie where he's in college, if i remember right.

poo poo that sounds like it would have been so good. That was a great series. It's a real shame copyright killed it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's exactly like going from Spectacular to Ultimate, though I guess EMH wasn't as good as Spectacular, but AA keeps up by being even more boring than Ultimate. Apparently it started getting kinda decent last season and the season finale was kinda cool for taking elements of Hickman's Avengers run.

Plus no Wasp who was super fun in EMH and one of the reasons I hate AA for removing her. Also swaping Tonys voice actor. His EMH is just so much better then his AA one, who I can barely stand listening to.

Added on unlike Spectacular which was killed by copyright and business issues and nothing could really be done. EMH's was killed for no real reason. It had good ratings and reviews (That ironically dipped a bit when the AA team took over it.) but the guy in charge wanted to make a new show from scratch and make it more like the movies. (Which minus the difference with the team lineup it already was.) So this was a case of someone getting rid of a good show just so they could replace it with an inferior version of the show.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 9, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neo Helbeast posted:

Wakfu S3 is well under production and they've shared their first glimpse at its villain. He appears to be a dead Iop based on his chest crest.

Reminds me a lot of this music video from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco

e: link to the whole thing, it's a good read: http://forum.krosmaster.com/fr/1152-discussions-generales/61226-lettre-communaute-krosmoz

That sounds cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I quite like Tennant as Scrooge he sounds great in the role.

The Nephews sound a bit odd but I think I just have to get used to them. Already like them a bit more after watching the trailer a few more times.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

I liked the nephews, but again, that's probably me coming in without any of the baggage of the original series.

They have pretty much sounded the same for everything they have ever appeared in. Have you never seen a Disney cartoon featuring them.

But yeah it's not bad just odd.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xelkelvos posted:

Quack Pack doesn't count then, I guess. I had forgotten it existed until I tried to remember all of the media they were in. It ran for 1 season or 39 episodes.

Edit: Rewatching the intro, I definitely watched it when I was a kid when it was on reruns.

They have been in stuff besides quack pack. Lots of shorts and stuff involving Donald for example.

Unless you were saying that Quack pack had them with different voice actors. In which case that is true.

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, yeah, I know their voices. I think it's just that I haven't really heard them in years.

Hey you watched Scrooge McDuck and Money on that preshow a few weeks back. That was not years ago. (Though ironically the Nephews were not voiced by Russi Taylor there.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 3, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Sounds more like a generic deep-voiced dumb guy voice to me but you've got a point, giving him a Kansai accent probably would have been a better way to adapt his particular vocal ticks in a way that would still make sense. Japanese Mickey and Donald are fairly on-point though (though the latter somehow sounds even less intelligible than he does in English).

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts and related to the voice actor question, did Anselmo still provide Donald's voice for his appearance at the end of 2.8 or was that the new guy as well?

It's Anselmo.

I think it's still Anselmo in the new Ducktales.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel so bad for Justice League Action. Being trapped in one slot in the early morning.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yardbomb posted:

I mean they've played it for like 60% of their weekly schedule sometimes, it'd be kind of shocking if it wasn't their "highest rated" show and whatever else.

Yeah I can just imagine them using the excuse that Justice Leauge Action does not get near as much ratings as Teen Titans Go to can it. Despite one show having over 300 slots in the week while the other only has 1.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Plus the fact they have shows with only one slot that they are not rerunning.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 6, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Note that those are not the designs for Gizmoduck and Gyro. That is the design for Fenton in and out of suit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thompsons posted:

This hit CN Latin America recently, some little shorts series called Villanos by Alan Ituriel. There hasn't been any official English release of it yet but I thought it was pretty decent.

There actually is a a English version. A lovely cam version of it was uploaded by one of the writers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRzu3M1jB5s

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We have a few new Ducktales shorts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PgkLg_jFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNdCFptI6k

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is going to fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Ducktales opening has been re uploaded apparently to fix a bit of the sound in the original version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rand Brittain posted:

What I really like about this trailer is how well it gets across the fact that for this Scrooge, it's not about the money.

That's how he has been for most his existence. He loves the money yes and becoming even richer, but going through the adventures, finding the treasure and earning the money is something he loves much more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kidcoelacanth posted:

Probably worth posting the full version of the Ducktales theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=greRWnaQWc4

It's good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From my very limited Knowledge of Lion Guard. Appearntly along with Hyenas Jackels are also assholes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SlothfulCobra posted:

So I guess Lion King 2 is non-canon to the Lion King franchise now? Weird.

Nope still canon. The Lion King 2 villains even show up at one point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

X-O posted:

So in!

The first issue of the new Ducktales comic based on the show came out this week and it has some interesting characterization for Donald and the nephews that's a bit different than I expected based on the trailers. But the fact that the nephews have any kind of separate personalities at all is a move in the right direction. I did expect as it was that Huey is the resourceful one that's a devotee to the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook and gets them out of jams. I did not expect Louie to basically be a mini Scrooge in that he's looking for any way to make a buck and profit out of every situation but it's played really well in the comic. Dewey seemed a bit harder to pin down but he seemed to basically be the carefree one that might be troublemaker of the group, but moreso just by getting them into jams. Donald is basically a super over-protective caretaker that's going to extreme measures trying to shield them from supposed dangers like a lake that's only two feet deep.

I don't know if the show is definitely going there but it was fun seeing the nephews not as basically three clones like the old cartoon. Not that I really minded it there though.

Appearntly from his bio Dewey also really wants to stand out from his siblings.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

X-O posted:

Where are these bios? I'm guessing a Disney website?

Sorry not Bios an article were the creators detailed characters
http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/08/ducktales-exclusive-characters-cast/

quote:

“Since everyone always says ‘Huey, Dewey, and Louie’ in that exact order, we decided to make that the birth order, and by defining that, we were able to assign traits that fit,” says executive producer Matt Youngberg. “So, Huey’s the oldest, a little more responsible, a little bit brainy. Dewey wants to stand out, and wants to break out of being labeled as just one of a set of three. And Louie is happy being the youngest child — he can slip under the radar.”

And as well fitting with what you said from the comic.

quote:

"If Huey has Scrooge’s brains, Dewey has Scrooge’s guts, and Louie has Scrooge’s love of treasure, Webby has Scrooge’s heart.”

Louie is indeed the greedy one.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 22, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Eh, I doubt Donald, Launchpad, and Ms. Beasley will be showing up every episode. Regardless, there's certainly potential for there to be bloat, but from the clips they've shown they seem to be doing a pretty good job of giving each character a unique voice while keeping things manageable.

Donald is apparently going to be a Regular.

The main cast from the opening that will be in pretty much every episode seems to be Scrooge, Donald, Webby and the Nephews.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://twitter.com/ducktales/status/893596418417491970

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Venuz Patrol posted:

i think naming the azula lookalike "auxia" was a bit on-the-nose

She did not even look or act like Azula.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

drrockso20 posted:

The original Gizmo died at some point in the comics so they brought in his son who is closer to the cartoon one in appearance and personality

Honestly they should just replace Comic Jinx with the TT show version. She was more interesting and had a cooler power set that actually made sense with her name.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ducktales is good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DoubleCakes posted:

It was good, but something is off about the animation, editing, and cinematography. A lot of jokes were ruined by stiff animation, unresponsive editing, or misfired comedic timing. Maybe it's a budget thing but I noticed that a lot of wide shots went on too long when they should have switched around to some close ups. It's something bizarre I haven't seen anywhere else which is really disappointing since DuckTales looked like it was going to be a decently animated show for once compared to its contemporaries.

The animation was good what are you talking about.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kefkafloyd posted:

I'll make a Ducktales thread but I wouldn't be able to get to it until tomorrow.

Cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ballz posted:

-At first I was annoyed how they were keeping Glomgold as Scottish rather than being South African, but he totally stole the show in every scene he was in and the Scottish angle was perfect for it.

He actually is a Boer in this series pretending to be a Scott.

Glomgold posted:

"He thinks he is so Rich and so Scottish. Well I'm wearing a kilt McDuck! A KILT!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Fun fact according to Don Rosa's unofficial timeline Glomgold passes away the year before Scrooge does, coming in second place to him even in death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gann Jerrod posted:

Recently he's been the voice of Kaos in the Skylanders games/show, where he still uses the same voice.

From what I have seen of Kaos. He is literally Invader Zim.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I believe 4kid's Sonic X is also the origin of "Gotta Go Fast"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wolpertinger posted:

I think At that specific point, that's what he wanted - to be ignored off in some corner while he built Evil Voltron with the comet - the thing that ruined his plans was Haggar.. possessing? his general with the cat and hearing his plans. He thought he was safe after having destroyed the already well hidden bug. Then he would have had more time to finish the gateway, as well. I think he just underestimated Haggar, since clearly Zarkon by himself would just have been competely clueless.

Yeah everything went as planned for him. He just underestimated Haggar who found out his plan and told Zarkon ruining everything

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

raditts posted:

That's what I thought too, but then I figured there's no way they're still making that terrible loving show. I looked it up and fortunately I was right.

Actually Total Drama has another season of some type in production. The last season was the Amazing Race Parody back in 2015.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Venuz Patrol posted:

korra season 4 is way better than anything from atla, but you have to watch three seasons that vary from mediocre to awful to get there first

Season 3 was pretty great too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They were pretty much Loonytoons. It depends on how their presented.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
When they were initially told to put a third character in Pinky and the Brain they made this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VorIn2ISK6w

The message did not get through to the execs heads. And they were forced to create Pinky, Elmrya and the Brain later on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07TicoKEC10

quote:

So Pinky and the Brain have a new domain.
Its what the Network wants why bother to complain.
The Earth remains a goal.
Some things you can't control.
Brain: I deeply resent this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am more annoyed that Raph is now the leader. And I am not a huge fan of the artstyle.