Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pakled posted:

I assume they did that cause it opens up possibilities for fighting non-robots without showing blood, but then Leo's still using a katana so :iiam:

Sai are supposed to be used as blunt weapons.

Nodosaur posted:

TMNT has needed a shake up and new spin on the old dynamics for ages now.

I'm willing to give it a chance.
Not really the previous series did the job fine.

drrockso20 posted:

This time around each of the Turtles is a different species, apparently Raphael is a snapping turtle, Leonardo is a red eared slider, Michelangelo is a box turtle, and Donatello is a soft shelled turtle(and thus wears some armor on his back to cover for having less of a shell than his brothers)

So not brothers at all then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

drrockso20 posted:

Don't forget Madame Medusa from The Rescuers, or for that matter the villain from Down Under or the guy from Oliver and Company, they were pretty much all greedy assholes too

The guy from Oliver and Company was just straight up a mobster. You even hear him on the phone at one point giving advice to someone on how to do the cement shoes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

paradoxGentleman posted:

Coincidentally, has anyone tried to watch the Wacky Races reboot? Is it any good?

Huh I did not know there was a new one I should check it out.

(From a quick look the artstyle is strange.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mcleach from the sequel to the Rescuers is a pretty evil bad guy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macaluso posted:

This poster :discourse:

If true that Slade will show up they almost entirely predicted how.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
News on the new Cena voiced villain of the upcoming Turtles series.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/412925-meet-baron-draxum-john-cenas-villain-from-rise-of-the-tmnt#/slide/6

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, that's a classic comic book idea. Zatanna in the DCU does the same thing, she can do real magic, but her stage show is normal smoke and mirrors stuff. I like it, because the idea is that it's easy to impress people by casting real spells, but it's harder to make it look like you're doing that with mundane stagecraft.

Appearntly she does do one real act of magic in the shows once in a while, but keeps the rest mundane. Wanting to see if anyone can spot the difference.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 29, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

VolticSurge posted:

How can a show where Mark Hamil talks to himself be bad?

Mark Hamil is the only one who talks in that entire short.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

He meant in-show, this version of Darkwing is actually an actor named Jim Sterling.

Starling not Sterling.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Interweb posted:

This was brought up a few pages ago, but I just saw that Darkwing Duck clip in the new Ducktales:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb6gBFum6qo

As far as imitators go, these new VAs are pretty drat close to the originals it's almost uncanny! :monocle:

I think Darkwing and Quakerjack are the originals. (Darkwing is for sure.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr Interweb posted:

DW I can understand (though that one poster a few pages ago said it wasn't). But Quackerjack? Michael Bell is still alive? I haven't seen him do anything in decades. :monocle:

Yeah I just went and confirmed it. Micheal Bell did reprise Quackerjack.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Looks more like purple Daredevil

Killgrave the Purpleman is a Daredevil enemy originally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gaunab posted:

It's weird that Ralph is the leader in this iteration.

Yeah it is confusing to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nodosaur posted:

Mandalore is kind of still invaded and no one knows how it got out of all that.

Plus there were other episode arcs that got cancelled despite being scripted storyboarded and even partially recorded.

Yeah we have a bunch of partially completed Story Episodes with full voice acting still. Along with a bunch of other incomplete episodes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In episode 1 he felt more like Mikey then Mikey did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Young Justice. Found it a good show and I am glad it's getting revived.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BioEnchanted posted:

Not necessarily true - Marinette was nearly akumatised, but her teacher noticed the akuma, tried to fight it off herself to protect her student and her panic overrode Marinette's fury at Chloe as the stronger emotion.

Well the main reason she won't be akumatised, is because that is an auto lose condition.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SardonicTyrant posted:

The new She-Ra came out today. If someone wants to make a She-Ra thread, could you call it She-Ra: You say princess like it's a bad thing.?

She-Ra be good and I would not mind it getting it's own thread

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On She-Ra Catra also felt like she was in Adora's shadow her whole life. And if she left the Horde and went with Adora to the Rebellion, she felt for certain that Adora as She-Ra would cast an even bigger shadow over her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just recall it for being really camp.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man a lot of people online are complaining and bitching about She-Ra for reasons I almost don't understand.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gaz-L posted:

(ep 8) I'm actually not sure why she couldn't be She-Ra at the prom, actually. She's repeatedly shown to not actually need to have the sword on her person once she's changed. Surely she could "For the honor of Grayskull!" at the coatcheck and then be fine?

Actually the opposite is shown. When she is separated from the sword, she is shown to quickly start weakening and eventually turn back into Adora.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Payndz posted:

Well, god drat. Season 3 of Miraculous is confirmed as starting December 1st in Spain and Portugal with the episode 'Chameleon'. Lila's the villain.

So based on season 2's scheduling, expect the last episode to be in January 2020. :haw:

She does not give up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kidcoelacanth posted:

watching she-ra

they just up and stole a horse that's pretty rude

She-Ra has a thread. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874976&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Senerio posted:

It honestly doesn't come out often enough/have a big enough fanbase to justify one.

Well if it had it's own thread it probably would be talked about more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It would probably get more comments with it's own thread as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SlothfulCobra posted:

edit: Also Milo Murphy is back and it's pretty darn great.

Said bear also murdered Recurring Racoon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ariza posted:

Their player isn't picked up by my video downloader extension in Chrome so it's worthless to me.

I'm Canadian.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On Tom and Jerry, a thing about that series was that Tom was allowed to get wins, normally when Jerry was the one instigating. Tom unlike most cartoon cats also never really seemed to have interest in eating Jerry. They were just jerks to each other.

Waffleman_ posted:

There's an entire Tom and Jerry where all Tom is doing is trying to sleep and has not and does not antagonize Jerry in any way.

Which is why Tom wins that episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThermoPhysical posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGY_fHLqck

Ian-Jones Quartey helped with this.

I kind of need more.

I liked it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rand Brittain posted:

It also seems like we're supposed to take the organization seriously, even though by rights all of them are completely incompetent and the management is terrible, which is the kind of thing I notice.

I think the boss is supposed to be taken seriously. The underlings not so much.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I know he was involved in the Skylanders games as a villain. So he definitely was working even if it wasn't high profile.

The villain in that game is pretty much just Zim.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Adorabat's borderline psychotic in the latest Mao Mao episode. Which is kind of hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mao Mao is fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

thelaughingman posted:

I really hope Mao Mao last for a while because I am enjoying the hell out of that show.

I am enjoying how much more Psychotic Adorabat seems to get every other episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A good example of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHi4myFStHY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Applewhite posted:

Started watching Mao Mao because of this thread.

What I like:

Mao Mao is essentially a more coordinated version of Darkwing Duck

Everything about Adorabat

The lion king

What I don’t like:

Badgerclops.

Orangusnake is kind of meh as a villain

Bagerclops gets better I would say as the show goes on. Though I agree with you that he is my least favorite of the three heroes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No.1 Special posted:

The Mao Mao episodes were pretty good.

Early into the first new episode and already two laugh out loud moments. Namely Slim Pigguns preparing to bury another Sweetie Pie alive, and Adorabat's bone collection.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Labes for days posted:

Gonna be honest, I haven’t bothered with the new Young Justice series because I found out it wasn’t a conclusion to the events that got set up at the end of the last one.

You give me Vandal Savage shaking hands with Darkseid and then you squander your chance to do anything with it? Quit huffing your own farts and give me closure, ffs.

Apokolips was heavily involved with Season 3. Also we already know a season 4 is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah I saw him as being a parody of lots of main characters.

But the issue was that he was faking an attitude to be popular.