Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Korra S2 obliterating all the past avatar spirits kind of soured me on the whole franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Not on the whole franchise but definitely on Korra, kinda why my future Avatar concept has the world go to poo poo

I always felt sorry for the immediate post-Korra avatar. "Have you tried punching all your problems? You have? Okay... have you tried punching harder?"

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

Grimey Drawer

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ninjewtsu posted:

Though really I'd like the setting a lot more if bending wasn't genetic period tbh

ďBending is geneticĒ is kind of something LoK retconned, since both Katara and Toph had two nonbending parents. Apart from the idea that only people from country x could bend element x, was it ever established as genetic in AtLA? I guess they needed it to be true so Aang could have airbending offspring, but then they brought other airbenders back anyway because A Wizard Did It... goddamn LoK was a hot mess.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Not really. Watching both shows back to back, LoK very rarely deviates from basic kicks and punches But With Element, at least in the first season. Itís also kind of noticeable how earthbending in general went from giant rocks to tiny pebbles.

Asgerd fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 25, 2020

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Also, it cannot be said enough times: pro bending loving suuuuucked. It was boring to watch, more or less irrelevant to the story, it ate up an inordinate amount of screen time, and it reduced something cool and mystical to a mundane commodity (and no, I really donít care if that was totally their point if it consciously makes the setting less interesting).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Iím not saying it wasnít logical, it just wasnít entertaining enough to justify the baffling amount of time dedicated to it.