Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
Honestly by the end of Centaurworld the only character that didn't grow on me was the giraffe one. The kleptomaniac (Glendale, I think?) was the best of the main group, though Comfortable Doug went from some random side character to having the best song in the entire show by the end.

Also Centaurworld gets points for being the only kids show I know of that essentially has a suicide metaphor episode with the Whaletaur Shaman episode. I was kind of like "oh wow, they went there? Really?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, he's not allowed to actually do anything useful, he's just loud and disruptive.

I don't remember what the URL was, but I actually read the blog of the guy who helped write the first episode with Scrappy Doo in it. Him and Joe Barbera apparently had the idea of making Scrappy more like the chicken hawk from Foghorn Leghorn but standards & practices thought a character actually attacking the monsters or whatever would be a bad influence on kids.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
So the new season of Animaniacs has quite a bit more adult humor than the first season. The first episode alone has a bit that rivals "finger Prince".

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
So there's a podcast I listen to where the hosts are currently watching Gravity Falls and, uh, it sounds like a lot of the season one episodes at least don't hold up well in regards to talking about gender or using AAVE phrases as things for charaters to randomly say as jokes.

Hexmage-SA fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 20, 2021

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
Just finished Centaurworld. The whole show was bonkers and the finale was crazier than anything I could have imagined. I know the story is wrapped up but I can't help but wonder what other stories could be done in this setting.