Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

FrostedButts posted:

Don't forget the Mega-Man cartoon. For some reason, more people give this one a pass and it has to be massive nostalgia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MizTlnwkzi4

I tried watching that one a couple of years ago for shits, and honestly? I remember people giving it a lot of crap and I can't say it deserved near as much as it did. Compare it to the Street Fighter animated series that came out or the Darkstalkers animated series and it looks so much better (they actually got the origin story for Megaman pretty right, so that's a plus!). It seemed like it was pretty ok for what you'd expect out of the 90's from a video game cartoon.

Plus the theme song and opening they had for it were slick as hell, even if they're a little bit different in terms of style than the cartoon itself (which apparently was more along the style they wanted to go with, but the focus groups they had for it didn't respond well to it).

Plus they were apparently planning to put Bass in, and Bass owns. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

raditts posted:

I've been watching old Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls episodes on Boomerang with my kids, and there's this one PPG episode I never saw before that's a parody of the old Jay Ward cartoons like Rocky & Bullwinkle. It's pretty hilarious how spot-on it is, but I wonder how many kids got the reference 15 years ago let alone how many would today.

Given that Rocky and Bullwinkle was airing on the kids tv channel in Canada in the 90's I'd say it's plausible that more than a few would have got it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

spikenigma posted:

And In the Night Garden is disturbing when you think about it :)

I have never been more creeped out by a kids show than In the Night Garden.

gently caress that show.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Larryb posted:

While we’re on the subject, how were the post 90’s Spider-Man cartoons out of curiosity (that is, from the MTV one onward)?

Spectacular Spiderman at least was incredibly solid and about as continuity driven with some amazing fight scenes.