Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Fillmore is one of my all time favourite cartoons and I still can't get over how incredibly huge and well financed that school was or how Don LaFontaine did the voiceover for every episode title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

french cartoon watchers, would you say this is an accurate description of miraculous ladybubs and cat nerd

Wait, they wrote all 26 episodes in three months? Guess it explains the overabundance of 'Chloe gets someone akumatised by being terrible' episodes. And the occasional plot hole.
Makes me wonder when season 2 will premiere, seeing as they're still in the scriptwriting process now.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

What did everyone else think of those shows?

I really liked Ned's Declassified! Being a kid at the time I obviously had some bias there, but it had a lot of great humour and was genuinely relatable in a lot of aspects even if I wasn't going to school in the US. I still try to do the 'make Mondays your treat yourself day so you'll look forward to it' thing occasionally. I never really watched Strange Days on account of only catching one-off episodes every now and then, so the overarching plot was kind of incomprehensible and I just avoided it after a while. It did seem really interesting, just that tv scheduling was conspiring against me.

kefkafloyd posted:

Tower Prep would have worked had it not come out in CN's ill-advised "CN Real" period. Put it on another network and it would have been a big hit, I think.

I can't help but feel like they could've done really well on Disney, where people tend to expect live action kids shows to be. With all the sitcoms, it would've been nice to see more shows with action and mysteries.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Payndz posted:

The first two episodes of Miraculous season 2 were great, dorky, goofy fun. Looks like they're going in pretty firmly with serialisation this time, and the fakeout early in 'The Collector' was really well done. Ha ha, bet you thought you were so clever for thinking Adrien's dad was Hawk Moth. Sucker! Oh wait, HA HA gently caress YOU, HE REALLY loving IS! AND LOOK AT ALL THE CLUES RIGHT IN YOUR FACE THAT YOU MISSED ALL THE WAY THROUGH SEASON 1, SMARTASS!

Still can't believe there were people who seriously thought Hawk Moth WASN'T Gabriel but ACTUALLY Alix's dad/Adrien's mom's brother that we've never heard of/etc. even though there'd be no point to it being anyone else.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Brianne Drouhard, who you might remember from the Princess Amethyst shorts on Cartoon Network has a new short on Nickelodeon based on her webcomic Harpy Gee!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSnlJW_ytMI

I remember reading years ago on her blog about trying to pitch Harpy as a show and constantly being told to change it up to be more marketable/standard, so seeing it fully animated with the characters and tone basically exactly like the comic is pretty... cathartic? relieving? I'm just glad she finally got to do it is what I mean.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Speaking of CN, just sat in on the CN creator's panel at SDCC and they had some neat stuff:

-Next OK KO crossover is going to be between Ben 10, Teen Titans Go, and Steven Universe

-Craig of the Creek comes back next month

-Full series of Victor and Valentinez comes out in 2019

-We Bare Bears will have even more baby bear episodes and will be showing new episodes in, like, a week

There was also a surprise Infinity Train teaser, which showed Tulip probably ran away from home.

On the whole, a neat panel! I don't actually watch any of the shows that they were talking about (whoops :v:) but it was neat to hear the show creators talk about them and I do want to try and binge Craig of the Creek at least.

e: Beaten by CN themselves on the first note, the shame

I ended up watching all of Craig of the Creek after seeing people talk about it here and I'm so glad new episodes are coming soon! The stories are a lot of fun and I love how some of these groups of kids both have their own internal drama and they interact/conflict with other groups too. It's not just them and whatever Craig's crew get up to. The comparisons to Recess are incredibly apt, so if you liked that show and how lived in the kids' world was, you'll probably like this too.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Here are the voice actors for the main trio of the Dragon Prince:

https://twitter.com/thedragonprince/status/1020732945965838336
Glad to see Jack DeSena again, been a while since I've heard his voice in anything. It's an Avatar reunion!

https://twitter.com/AngelaMarieSays/status/1020805253166333952

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Larryb posted:

I forget, who did those 3 play in Avatar again?

Just Jack De Sena as Sokka. The reunion was more referring to the second tweet with him and Giancarlo Volpe, storyboarder/director on Avatar.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Don't think anyone's posted this yet, but Villainous is getting a full series. The cross-promotional shorts with other cartoon network villains were pretty fun but I'm interested to see where a standalone show will go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGX7UjPZtc4

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
So Rise of the TMNT gave us our first little hint of the Shredder (Possibly? Could be a swerve and it's for something else)

Maybe it's some deal where they have to gather up all the bits of his armour to resurrect him?

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
So Rise of the TMNT had a 30 min special episode that explained this incarnation's origins of the turtles and especially Splinter and it's honestly a pretty interesting take on the character. Having the turtles use action movies in their training is a neat reimagining of their old origin where Splinter just taught them from a book on martial arts, but having Splinter actually BE their action movie idol is really cool. I'm excited to see where all this goes!

Also, the animation for the fights are always really good but they seriously took it up a notch for this episode

https://twitter.com/holymangos/status/1087078623310499840

If you never thought fish and ladders could be effective weapons, then well... now you do.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
One of the executive producers did confirm that Jackie Chan's improvised weapon fights were an influence. Didn't name specifics, but it's a pretty good bet First Strike was a big part of it

https://youtu.be/lIcxkTiyomY

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/ArtofLostandCan/status/1133009611601174529
Feels like Nickelodeon's had a whole bunch of shorts and pilots recently but I haven't heard of any of them getting greenlit for full series. Then again maybe we only get to see the pilots posted online because they didn't make it? The stuff that's actually in development would be under NDAs I imagine.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Here's the full clip of the Rise of the TMNT finale Shredder fight! Obviously spoilers but hey, if you like what you see and want to find out how they got here, it's a great time to watch the series.
https://twitter.com/enjoy_rottmnt/status/1292178767008477187?s=20

and what the heck, let's throw in the train fight too since it's a pretty nice contrast where they're fighting with just weapons, no powers.
https://twitter.com/enjoy_rottmnt/status/1229128814745157632?s=20
it goes on for more than this but I don't think the entire thing is uploaded anywhere since long clips tend to get copyright striked.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

KingKalamari posted:

I mean, I thought Sonic Boom had some pretty good moments, though I think the quality of this new Sonic series is going to depend heavily on which of the various tones the series has taken over the years they're going to adhere to. Any time they try to do SERIOUS PLOT STUFF FOR SERIOUS HEDGEHOGS with Sonic it just doesn't end up working (yes that includes Sonic SATAM, that show sucked fight me irl!)

Someone asked one of the man of action guys on twitter where the tone of the new show would be compared to the other cartoons they've made and the response was it's more in the range of Generator Rex

So probably serious-ish, with a mix of lighter episodic stuff and maybe an overarching plot?

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, thanks, I'll do that.

Is there some sort of "correct" order out there?

This one is from either Frank's tumblr or twitter, idk it's been a while.
Not sure if he ever made one for the other seasons or if they just didn't have as many rearrangements

Producktion Order posted:

1. “Woo-oo!”
2. “Daytrip of Doom!”
3. “The Impossible Summit of Mt. Neverrest!”
4. “The Great Dime Chase!”
5. “The Beagle Birthday Massacre/Breakout!”
6. “The House of the Lucky Gander!”
7. “The Infernal Internship of Mark Beaks!”
8. “The Living Mummies of Toth-Ra!”
9. “Terror of the Terra-Firmians!”
10. “McMystery at McDuck Manor!”
11. “The Spear of Selene!”
12. “The Missing Links of Moorshire!”
13. “Beware the B.U.D.D.Y. System!”
14. “Day of the Only Child!”
15. “Jaw$”
16. “The Golden Lagoon of White Agony Plains!”
17. “From the Confidential Case Files of Agent 22!”
18. “Sky Pirates...In the Sky!”
19. “The Other Bin of Scrooge McDuck!”
20. “Who is Gizmoduck?!”
21. “The Secret(s) of Castle McDuck!”
22. “The Last Crash of the Sunchaser!”
23. “The Shadow War!”

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Inkspot posted:

Rise of the TMNT was fun. Casey Jones having Leo’s red-eared slider marks on his mask is a nice character touch and the chainsaw hockey stick is rad.

Honestly it's probably my favourite Casey design in the franchise, like with Rise April's design they really made sure they mesh well with the turtles in a team as opposed to sticking out as the humans. He's sorta got something from everyone on him, Leo's stripes obviously, but also his side pouch thing, Mikey's funny face kneepads, Donnietech gadgets, and maybe I'm kinda reaching but Raph had a brief stint in the show where he went out crimefighting in a poncho/cape too

https://twitter.com/NeoCloudBuster/status/1555303173434245122?s=20&t=knvwxkMk-pBGCDngQPfrdQ

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yo, what's the last anyone's heard about the upcoming seasons of:

* Summer Camp Island (last I heard it planned on airing its final season on cartoon network?)
* that new Superman animated series
* Batman: Caped Crusader
* the new Adventure Time show (I think it was about Fiona And Cake?)
* the third season of Hilda (is that still happening?)

Also what's Craig of the Creek like longterm? I started, but never got very far.

WIth the Superman show, I follow Jake Wyatt on twitter (he's co-exec producer) and it seems to be moving along fine. A bunch of storyboarders were saying they wrapped up their parts on it recently so it's in the midst of animation production I'd guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
I'm really glad they went with a younger Slade with two functioning eyes cuz the other animated versions of him never really went into his backstory much. I wanna see this dude get divorced with extreme prejudice.