Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles never had a bad cartoon series. The 86 show, the 03 show, the '12 dhow, and the '18 show were all good.

I just realized that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Is this when I link my Avatar Fate Core hack with the over developed setting guide with future settings and what if scenarios?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...it?usp=drivesdk

Covok
May 27, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

i feel like i should watch amphibia

You should. It's real good.

Also MarcyxAnne looks promising.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Alright, YBOS, pretty good but a little rushed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Oh no.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Len posted:

I'm out of touch with kids animation, is there anything that's a good spiritual successor to Gravity Falls or Over the Garden Wall?

Yes, The Owl House, Infinity Train, and Amphibia.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Also, watch Ducktales. It's loving great.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Amphibia is kind of going the Steven Universe route whereas Owl House is more Gravity Falls. Amphibia has those 11 minute episodes with plenty of "townie" episodes with a first season that doesn't openly acknowledge the main plot till the finale. Amphibia shorter episodes let it cover ground faster and helps it deliver humour. You can tell more stories per season in the format. If an episode is filler, you always have the next one to advance the plot. Shorter episodes also require faster and punchier writing, which lends itself better to writting jokes. Less air time also helps jokes land as they clump closer together and keep you warmed up. And, if they want to tell a bigger story, they just make it a two parter.

The Owl House does 23 minute episodes with a lot more plot advancement and status quo change in season one and the mysterys are constantly hinted at. This works better for intrigue. The constant allusions to greater depth will intice watchers. The longer episodes with a weekly format makes filler both a relief from the plot and intice people for the next plot episode.

Also, I am fine with the Owl House going all magic school. They were hinting at it from episode 1 with Luz wanting to be a Witch. That was her main character drive and that leading to a Hogwarts parody school seems inevitable. It wasn’t something I knew for a fact but it coming up didn't suprise me. The Owl House is for kids who grew up in the 00s reading Harry Potter and wanting more (and more gay ) stories like that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Honestly, Anne relationship with the Planters is so cute and wholesome and I love it. As Marcey put it, "I love the found family trope."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

i haven't seen family guy recently, but i'm talking about the one that used to appear with tom tucker in the early seasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LRpmR52nrM

now compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqFlrKFwALY#t=11s

That was Ms. Puff. They said Pearl. This is Pearl.

https://youtu.be/ne2IyuZ13oY

Covok
May 27, 2013

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/stat...536791156387840

Apparently the only major difference from the previous shorts is that they're Disney+ exclusive (also I heard somewhere that the shorts are gonna be 7 minutes instead of 3.5 but I haven't seen something official say that yet so that might just be some rumor)

Goofy in those shorts is the most scraggy looking gently caress. The shorts are pretty fun so more is good. I hope they're less disappointing than the recent Loony Tunes shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm onto the two parter in Korra with the First Avatar and it seems to completely retcon where bending comes from. The Last Airbender says that it came when the first human benders observed the movements of the animals who'd evolved to use them (Namely the seaserpents, dragons, badgermoles and flying bisons) and figured out how to manipulate them that way, while Korra shows the first Avatar getting it given to him by a Lion Turtle.

OK got a bit further in, he at least learned to better control the fire via a dragon, I guess the Lion Turtle just allowed his bloodline to bend fire generally, and his descendants learned from the dragons later how to refine it.

Thank you!

The Lion Turtles gave the power, but the bending arts were learned by observing animals. Unless you think those people hurling fireballs like rocks were anything close to using a martial art.