Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
The thing that made Over the Garden Wall so great for me is that the entire thing felt timeless. They nailed the 1820's Americana tone and atmosphere so well, that if someone told me it was based off one of Washington Irving's short stories or some obscure folk tale, I would believe them without a second thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Neo Helbeast posted:

What happened in Crystal, I never watched it.

Aside from the story pacing and the fact that new episodes were being released every two to three weeks instead of weekly, there was nothing wrong with it. Nope, nothing at all.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 24, 2015

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It's pretty much always been New York, with the one implication of Rookie from the game running his own franchise.

One of the smartest things IDW has done in the latest run of Ghostbusters comics (read them, they're awesome) is make this officially canon. Rookie is managing a franchise in Chicago and still wears the "Rookie" name tag as a ploy to deal with irate customers.

There is also another minor character that is a mechanical genius that gets denied a franchise due to him not having the necessary knowledge/skills to run one. He ends up reverse engineering ghostbuster tech to create his own rival company until he ends up becoming a real Ghostbuster later on.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Macaluso posted:

How long has Phineas and goddamned Ferb had absolutely legit fuckin songs??

Since Disney mandated that just about every episode after Season 1 have a song?