Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Did anyone else have the Magic School Bus CD-ROM? That thing was amazing; I might have to track down a copy, for old times sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

But no Bucky O'Hare reboot. There's no justice in this world.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So what's happening with the final episode of Gravity Falls? Was the whole thing horrendously unpopular or something? The airing of the last few episodes has been dragged out to an absurd degree.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am way behind on cartoons because I spent a few years deluding myself that I'd like anime if I only gave it more of a try, so I only picked up Gravity Falls somewhere around the mid-S2 break. At which point I discovered it was ending. :( It's not a bad place to end it, mind, although it seems like they could have easily cranked out a decent third season.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's a shame to hear all of that; I watched TMNT until the end of season 2, but everything that happened with Karai stank of not allowing her to catch a break.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Was it a reference to the Windows NT kernel? Because fair play if it was.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

xcheopis posted:

Since the only super-hero cartoon I've ever watched is DangerMouse, the idea of people having actual meltdowns over them is hilarious.

Well, there is a new series out...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Simpsons came into its own when it found the defining characteristic for each character and brought it to the fore.

Then it turned everyone into an angry or depressed sad sack with their defining characteristic dialled to eleven, so everyone became this weird schizophrenic; Moe explodes at people then bursts into tears, Nelson insults people then bursts into tears, Flanders yells at people then delivers kind words with a bright smile (or vice versa), Burns does something evil then immediately becomes frail and confused, etc etc.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Poochy episode clearly comes from a place of hard, painful experience and is absolutely phenomenal as a result.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ramos posted:

The only character I cared about after a point was Hinata and it became increasingly obvious she would never do anything. Fast forward several years and she apparently never did anything, incredible! At least she achieved her goal in the end.

Pour one out for Tenten; she achieved literally absolutely nothing (outside of filler), and even at the end when she got hold of the weapon that could stop the bad guy which required exactly her kind of expertise, she was immediately locked up in a cocoon and taken out of the series.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My only exposure to Uncle Grandpa was the Steven Universe crossover and I hated it down to the very marrow in my bones.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

David Tennant has a pretty broad Scottish accent, he's just good at masking it. Should be a legit good choice, not just a big name.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't remember us having the entire Super Show in the UK, just the separate cartoons. I definitely never saw the live action segments.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Tangled was stupendously expensive, so I guess when faced with a choice between low budget 3D and low budget 2D they decided that 2D was still the better choice. I imagine that if it was 3D it would be compared unfavourably to the film.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Give me a Zootopia series or give me death.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If bronies couldn't kill MLP then furries can't kill Zootopia.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Is miraculous also on the UK Netflix? We always end up with the short end every time and I can't use a tunneling program on my ps4 to bypass the region options.

No, but I've seen some big toy displays going up in various places, so apparently it's picking up over here. Maybe on one of the kids channels?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've also hit the point with Star Vs where I'm looking forward to watching the next episode. It didn't quite grab me at first and Mewberty in particular, other than introducing Glossarick, struck me as an eye-rollingly pointless episode based on a "haha, girls be cray-cray for boys, amirite?!" trope that really doesn't need to exist in anything ever anymore, but Freeze Day got me just because it filled air time for a minute by ignoring the plot for frozen time shenanigans.

Also: no to individual threads. For franchises and really, really long series that always have fun poo poo to discuss in the downtime it's fine, but otherwise people get bored, the shitposting starts and the thread gets locked. An occasional few pages of posts dedicated to one series does not new thread material make.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'd be more willing to believe that Marvel and DC are taking a more progressive stance to female characters if they weren't still largely drawing them in panties and/or vacuum packing their costumes around the curvature of their breasts.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Disney have been doing some drat fine work with their cartoons lately. Long may it last.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I didn't realize all the big names that voice characters in Star Vs. :psyduck: Alan Tudyk as Ludo, Michael C. Hall as Toffee, Jeffrey Tambor as Glossaryck, Jenny Slate as Pony head, etc

God drat it, you're right! I knew there was something about his voice I found delightfully soothing.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I hear he's very excited about this new series.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There was more to Carmen Sandiago than a cartoon? Well I'll be. Although I barely even remember that.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Haven't watched the films, but I tried watching one of the Cloudy episodes and the grown man in a diaper is enough that no-one who worked on this show should be allowed to work on anything ever again.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If they changed his surname and cut out the words 'super duper' the title might work, but as it stands it feels like a mess that doesn't quite work.

Unfortunately the trailer looks like that too. It's mostly his expressions, which are uncomfortably weird.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

already seeing people angry he's Hispanic now.

Because of course.

When Thunderbirds Are Go first came out, aside from people bitching that the near-identical opening wasn't identical enough, people were raging about a minority woman being added to the cast in a clear case of political correctness Gone Mad. None of them apparently realised that she was literally an amalgamation of two previous characters, which you would think that self-proclaimed fans of the franchise would notice immediately.

And that's why the British get exactly the kind of half-baked crap that they barely deserve in the first place.

Edit: Also this:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Why do people care jesus christ he's a loving duck :psyduck:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I gave up on TMNT 2012 shortly after they decided to punish Karai for having a moment's happiness by transforming her into a snake monster.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Season three, when Kion meets three strange new animals, one of whom has a large, key-shaped blade...

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It looks like it was made in Go Animate.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My future kids will play Putt-Putt and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Robin Hood as a character seems pretty tapped out; it doesn't matter what they tinker with, everyone just immediately responds with 'uh huh, sure, so it's Robin Hood then' with no real enthusiasm.

e: In fact if you took any reference to Robin Hood out of this series then I'd immediately be more interested. It's character fatigue.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 7, 2019