Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The infiltrator is obviously Hooty, as part of Hooty's 527-step plan to seize control of both the Boiling Isles and Earth.

So Lilith sleeps on the couch now, right?

Madurai posted:

At the very least, I'm glad they're confident of getting another season.
I think they got one of those "second season greenlit months before the first episode aired" deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gus's dad is voiced by Tygan from XCOM2 and that was weirdly distracting.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If that's actually Amity's parents in Eda and Lilith's flashback, then she has her father's hair.

It would be actually hilarious if her father also dyes his hair green to please his wife.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is Boiling Rock the one with Zuko's single greatest line?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope that King at his full power still pales in strength to Hooty, like everyone else does.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lilith has to sleep on her little sister's couch and interact with Hooty every day for the rest of her life.

Her hell has only just begun.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like how of Amity's former Mean Girls Jock Squad, only Boscha is portrayed as an out-and-out jackass.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Regalingualius posted:

It’s almost impossible to take the Boss from MGS3 completely seriously ever again once you find out her voice actress is also Pearl from Spongebob.

Also the news lady from Family Guy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Didn't the Voltron showrunners basically snap from the weirdly high-intensity shipping wars?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Beachcomber posted:

As the episode fades out, Xanatos' mutation slows down and starts to look vaguely Ninja Turtle-y.

Does he do that "ah, this all works out for my Master Plan" thing while it happens?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There is no way Luz doesn't get married in the otter suit.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Toph being a lovely parent as a response to her own lovely parents is pretty great.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zaheer's flight has a weird uncanny valley-ness to it compared to other forms of bending-powered flight we see and I like that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that it’s implied that a particular type of bender only existed in their nation of origin which Korra later contradicted.

Part of this is because Korra takes place 80% of the time in what is expressly the most cosmopolitan part of the Avatar world where the individual nations are blurring together.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There is no euclidean geometry in Ba Sing Se.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

mycot posted:

Somehow, Ozai has returned.
We finally get confirmation that Ozai Fucks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There was already a precedent for pro-bending in Toph's wrestling promotion, plus a bunch of times we see benders use their powers to entertain.

Making an actual sport out it just seems like a logical path.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Update the Goodfeathers into the Irishfeathers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SlothfulCobra posted:

Honestly, that trailer doesn't give me much hope for my worry that bringing the series back would leave it feeling really dated. Man, Jurassic Park came out in 93.
It's an instantly-recognizable movie and they're specifically parodying a scene that's already a well-established meme.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I demand more of the Warners making GBS threads on historical figures that all sound like Kirk Douglas.

SlothfulCobra posted:

although Dr. Scratchandsniff is sort of an archaic take on psychiatry that's nestled in the stereotype of the dangerous mentally ill from Reagan defunding institutions and turning them onto the street.

Dr. Scratchandsniff is like the one person the Warners really like.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Every show needs a Hans Moleman.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Countblanc posted:

Kennedy Cartoons, one of the animation studios who worked on Tiny Toons and a number of other shows, and who is probably responsible for some of the worst-looking episodes.

Also infamous for the Kennedy Kick Dance, as parodied on OK KO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_HW7ozM9I

I immediately associate this with a Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

The whole point of Red Herring is that he's never actually the ghost despite Fred's paranoia

He was once, and that was the episode where Fred was making a conscious effort not to accuse him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

It's a shame that Fat Albert is tainted by what Bill Cosby did

The speech Cosby gives at the end of the episode where Fat Albert and friends go to prison has a very Kevin Spacey energy to it, and I mean that in the worst way possible.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ups_rail posted:

In regards to tiny toons. I remember watching it as a kid. I feel like it was the last gasp of the 1980 s Cartoons but they are kids like they did with flintstones kids, pup named scooby doo etc.

Pup Named Scooby Doo is arguably better than the original Scooby Doo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ups_rail posted:

so off the top of my head we have

Muppet babies.

Flintston kids

Pup named scooby doo

Tom and jerry kids.
There was also Jungle Book Kids, which was one of the more odd things they were playing on Toon Disney in the early 2000s.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Didn't Disney XD evolve from Toon Disney?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zootopia+ is a streaming service within the Disney+ streaming service that you have to pay extra for.

Furries keep Disney's coffers full for the next fifty years.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TwoPair posted:

Of loving course they're still making Little Mermaid. I thought Mulan's mediocre/bad reception might put a dent in Disney's mission to redo every animated thing they've ever made, but clearly nothing will stop the Mouse's reign of terror.
They don't seem to be taking out all the parts of Little Mermaid people liked so it's different from Mulan in that respect.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

Also, am I wrong or weren’t there some murmurings about a possible film sequel to the movie itself at some point?
Kingdom Hearts 3?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Xelkelvos posted:

Winx is a joint Italian/American production that's run since 2004. It's its own small institution at this point. Nickelodeon of all companies helped revive it after its original 5 year run and there's a comic of it that's been running in Italy since the series premiered.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winx_Club

I remember watching a shitload of it on 4Kids TV (and I think it was on the Fox Block before that?), and the theme song was a banger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h7-gVdOfn4

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

Reminds me of the Billy and Mandy episode where Billy ends up in Valhalla

"This is like a video game, only it hurts!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm on Team Hooty, glory be to Hoot Prime.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Madurai posted:

I haven't heard anything other than "mid-2021."

They're apparently still recording lines so there's that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

How do we work the Gorillaz into this.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Star vs. strikes me as the writers only realizing in the last episode that they had made a scenario with no winners or happy endings.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Aasif Mandvi as Zhao is a casting choice that to this day I refuse to believe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Senerio posted:

Glory be to Hoot Prime

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hooty could probably murder Hell House in his sleep.