Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Well....uh....

Well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Taking a wide berth from the Steven Universe thread until I get a chance to watch the movie.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Xanatos being basically a more chill Lex Luthor explains a lot, especially with the approach to science (and magic) being 'throw a bunch of funding at the wall and see what sticks'. Mad scientists at heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyBUhs_fHQA

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

*Jay Leno-ish* Twelve Forever is how she prefers 'em

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

YES MY TWO FAVORITE FRANCHISES ARE GETTING MARRIED

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Well hey, Netflix is showing Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, probably the best in the franchise.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

TV Zombie posted:

Binged through Mystery Incorporated and got touched when Fred told Daphne he loved her. I don't know if I loved the supernatural aspect of the final enemy and the wrap up of everything was..ok but still loved the series. Has there been more scooby doo since this was put out?
I think the latest series is Stay Cool, Scooby Doo, where they celebrate their high school graduation by hitting the road and solving mysteries. It doesn't have an ongoing plot, though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Funky Valentine posted:

More than a few cartoons would be lesser without their theme songs.
And for others the theme song is all it has going for it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

SlothfulCobra posted:

You know what? Here's a complaint I have about Tangled that doesn't involve spoilers: I get that it's kind of a pun on something to do with hair that could also be construed to be referring to the plot that they used for the movie because they thought that "Rapunzel" wasn't a catchy title on its own (and it was probably easier to copyright), but at no point does her hair ever really get tangled. In fact, it's impossibly smooth and straight, and she'll wrap her hair around a bunch of things at once and then just pull away without getting caught up in anything. It's got enough friction to act as a grappling hook, and yet it's impossibly lubricated. That's the real magic.

Like imagine if some villain just came at her with some gum, that should be apocalyptic. Hopefully Varian never invents any adhesive.
Maybe

it's Maybeline

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

SlothfulCobra posted:

It kinda left me wanting.

The whole thing with the phantom zone didn't really add much, and honestly if they didn't want the extended cast underfoot, they could've just left them behind or in reserve for the big battle. I liked that they gave Varian and Eugene some nice father moments, but it kinda makes it even more weird that Cassandra's father doesn't have a line and never really gets a chance to really confront Cass. Now he's just kinda unemployed. I sorta wanted to know more about Zantiri, but I guess the show didn't have the time to go much into that.

I think I'm most disappointed about Cass, since she only finally does her turn in the moment when she has no other choice and nothing to gain by maintaining her grudge. Almost makes it seem more pragmatic than emotional. It's also weird for her to just go off into the sunset, she never really seemed wistful for what the greater world could offer her. Before her turn all she really wanted to do was fight, and she was on track to being captain of the guard, I'm not sure what more this late medieval fantasy world would have to offer her. Maybe a hook for a continued story? What I was most disappointed with though was the fact that she didn't get another song, not even a line in some big final group number.

The real reason she wanders off is because she's not in the Tangled short that was made before the show, but set after it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder why they haven't made a Frozen animated series.
Maybe the Tangled tv series was a test?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsi-7bndYU

She-Ra Season 5 Trailer. [The Final Season]
I guess that's fair, but it's really more like 4 seasons worth of episode.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I keep wanting to write a Korra fanfiction which is a cross between season 4 and part 7 of jojo's bizarre adventure.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I gave Dragon Prince a chance have hearing is was kinda okay. I appreciate the evil vizier guy is exasperated by his weirdo kids, but also needs to rely on them for his evil scheme.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Android Blues posted:

Korra's low point is just the fact that S2 completely sucks, like it's really bad. S1's good, S3's great, S4 is a mixed bag but not bad on balance. The real persistent issues are just:

- The comic relief falls way short of the ATLA stuff, it's usually just simple physical gags, and Bolin (who was a more grounded character in S1) gets horribly Flanderised in S2 and never really recovers.
- Bumi is the same deal and is like, 90% insufferable.
- Korra's character arc post-S1 is sort of a mess and is entirely about her dealing with self-doubt and self-hatred, and is usually about how she's incompetent and stupid, and it just feels like a weirdly disrespectful treatment of the show's protagonist. She very rarely gets to be the hero of her own story. Instead, all the heroism gets displaced onto Mako, who is consistently written as sensible, level-headed, and wise vs. Korra being crazy, irrational and stupid. It feels like the show has a real sexism problem for much of its run - like they couldn't imagine telling a story with a female lead that didn't have a sensible man guiding her from the sidelines.
Not gonna lie, when Korra lost the ability to walk I immediately thought of a manga called Steel Ball Run and thought about writing about an alternate s4 that was just Korra: Steel Ball Run

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

l'm down for it, hit me up.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I too was disappointed with The Legend of Korra but I appreciate that Team Korra is just all her exes

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

He's the Owl. It's his house.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Beachcomber posted:

So when do you think we'll get our first gay(m/m) kids show main protagonist? I think the closest we have so far is Benson in Kipo.
Shiro from Voltron doesn't count, because they only let him kiss a guy in the very last scene of the series, but I still want more gay protagonists like Shiro, where being gay isn't that big deal and he's just a cool big brother to the rest of the team that also happens to like guys.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Really? I didn't see it. Good excuse to rewatch Voltron though.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

amigolupus posted:

I'm still holding out hope that the Darkwing Duck reboot is going to be this, and the fact that The Owl House gets to have a bi lead makes it seem like there's a chance for that to happen. The original cartoon had Darkwing raising his daughter together with his live-in partner so it wouldn't be out of place for them to be gay dads in a reboot.
I kind of figure Drake and Launchpad will have matching pajamas and sleep in the same bed for a joke but nothing gay is going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1305536791156387840

Apparently the only major difference from the previous shorts is that they're Disney+ exclusive (also I heard somewhere that the shorts are gonna be 7 minutes instead of 3.5 but I haven't seen something official say that yet so that might just be some rumor)
Those nu-mickey mouse shorts were delightfully messed up, so I hope that continues.