Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Neo Helbeast posted:

I need some help trying to remember the name of a show from the 90's. It was a live action show that was a cross between Mortal kombat and WWE. When a fighter defeated another fighter he/she took like this belt buckle that had the other fighters insignia on it. Goddam has this been bugging me. I'm pretty sure it came on right after the mortal kombat cartoon and right before little house on the prairie.

WMAC Masters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Sockser posted:

Have they finished airing season 1 of Young Justice yet?

Next week, apparently.

@danicamckellar
New episodes of #YoungJustice return (finally!) March 3rd. :) @DCComics

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

IRQ posted:

You could stealth that and just say Powerpuff Girls because she did that too. Also you can say My Little Pony in this thread. Just basically nowhere else on SA.

That was a Craig McCracken developed show. Lauren Faust worked on it, but she wasn't a creator or showrunner.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Sanguinia posted:

I dunno, I thought Danny Phantom got some good mileage out of that whole thing. In Ultimate Marvel comics, Spiderman and his female clone always works that angle pretty well too.

But yeah, the internet shall surely defile this thing to the utmost. The horror...

This'll be so creepy, it'll make bronies look like NPR listeners.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Glass of Milk posted:

There's a bunch of basement-dwelling trolls who hate it that post on IMDB because it replaced Young Justice and/or it's not identical to the old show.

TTG is a lot of silly fun, and the episode length is just long enough to not wear out it's welcome.

I was fully prepared to be one of those spergs but the show won me over by actually being funny. Chicken dance had me hysterical.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Also Chicken Dance.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I'm surprised that they went with Aquaman instead of Aqualad since there's precedent for Starfire to be into Aqualad. But then I remember that I'm thinking about TTG continuity, and watching the show absolutely incorrectly.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

El Tortuga posted:

I just don't think you can expect to bring back every kid from every trip to the Roman Empire.

Bless the man that invented permission slips.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I would watch a Teen Titans Go with Sonic in it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Rudoku posted:

They kept Daphne with them for a long time (13 Ghosts, the one with the monster dance number). I wonder what was up with that.

Perving on cartoon characters pre-dates Bronies, you realize.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I got one less problem without you, aka Sam & Cat has been cancelled due to all the backstage drama.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

You guys are acting like iCarly or Victorious are BBT or 2 Broke Girls bad.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

All the best Scooby Doo is meta! Both Mysteries Inc and Pup Named Scooby Doo!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

Come to think of it, I think Batman Beyond might have the highest onscreen deathcount in the entire DCAU. That's good for the successor to the last cartoon with realistic guns.

There are JLA and JLU episodes where planets blow up.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

How's Young Justice?

IRQ posted:

I don't recall that show really bothering to deal with anything it set up and always ended its seasons on plot points that weren't set up.

It was a pretty show at times but god what a mess.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Original TT is good at either extreme (super serious like Trigon & Terra or super silly like Bunny Raven, Control Freak, or Kid Flash) and lovely any where in the middle.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

El Tortuga posted:

The times have changed enough for a Victorious reboot.

Without Jade & Cat? Pass.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

BioEnchanted posted:

Also loved the style behind the Ghostly Wail power, and the third movie had a fun idea behind the climax All the ghosts in the series combine their powers to make the world non-corporeal so that a meteor won't crash into it.

I'm curious. Did this happen before or after Joss Whedon did pretty much the same thing in his X-Men run?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

computer parts posted:

So are there any other nerd favorite animated shows that got cancelled early that we can expect a reboot of in the next few years?

If there's a god, YJ.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

If you're not excited for Cyborg Scooby Doo, I will straight up fight you.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I'm whelmed.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Where's Launchpad :colbert:

Unannounced Darkwing reboot, obv.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

drrockso20 posted:

Man the "revival" seasons of Dexter were weird as hell

Yeah, everything post-Trinity Killer was poo poo.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

kefkafloyd posted:

It started out a bit rough but got a lot better as it went along. Kind of the opposite of the new Thundercats, where the pilot wrote checks the rest of the series could never cash.

The episode about the flower people, begs to differ.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

The best episode of Voltron is the one where they remake Die Hard with Pidge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Kate McKinnon is basically the perfect choice I would never have thought of though. I actually can't think of anyone that would be a better choice for Ms Frizzle

Lily Tomlin :bahgawd: