Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RebelWorm posted:

So... What's the general opinion on NFL Rush Zone: Guardians of the Core?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Steak Justice posted:

I was watching Regular Show and the programming segued into Incredible Crew. Not that it's any surprise but I have never seen something so unwatchable. I would sit through a Johnny Test marathon before watching even half of another episode of this.

Don't joke, that sounds like something CN would actually show.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sockser posted:

I've always been curious about the super-poo poo-tier anime that Cartoon Network would air at 6am just to see what stuck. Bedamon and Bakugan and Beyblade and there were more that didn't succeed and it was just really loving weird to me. Obviously trying to catch the magic of Pokemon but without promoting it as far as I could tell. Just put these things on in the wee hours of the morning and uhhh it happened?

I actually liked Bedaman back then. It had a whole story arc where the main cast, dirty poor and roaming the streets, had to scam a rich girl for food. It got retooled as a boring as gently caress Beyblade wannabe. Hell, Beyblade got retooled too.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TwoPair posted:

You really should. Once it hits season 3 and Batgirl shows up, the show stops being dumb and starts being fun. Well, okay, there's still some dumb, but it's a fun, 60s Batman kind of dumb. Season 4 has Robin, and then season 5 brings in the Justice League. It's just a whole lot of fun. There's an episode set in the future where Batman is all huge like Dark Knight Returns Bats.

Also The Batman vs. Dracula is still the best animated film DC's ever made gently caress any other opinions.

I thought the Clayface reboot was cool, too.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

404GoonNotFound posted:

Well, they'd have to reboot it after what happened in Epilogue, because DC Heroes Do Not Get Married.

He got engaged. They'll just kill his girlfriend off in a terrible way (Dr.Light somehow).

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Acquire Currency! posted:

Example: Today I guess is the super end-game battle between hero kid and multi color evil kid who has an 8 pack. At one point during the fight the evil AI hologram dude switches himself over to a giant fuckoff bayblade robot. He plans to destroy hero kid with this robot by... shooting a goddamn bayblade out of his robot arm.
Also the use of the phrase "My blader spirit!" never stops being funny.

That was the best part of the series. To be fair, it does realize that it's a big fuckoff robot and try to bash everyone's heads in.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Gaunab posted:

Ghoul school was during that time when they got rid of fred, daphne and velma and tried to shove scrappy into the action.

They kept Daphne with them for a long time (13 Ghosts, the one with the monster dance number). I wonder what was up with that.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sockser posted:

Nobody likes Johnny Test. I was 14 when it started airing and didn't like it then.

By the way, Johnny Test has been on the air for 10 years.

I remember when it came out. It looked alot better when surrounded by poo poo like Coconut Fred and that gross show with the super babies (not Rugrats).

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

At least a Pup Named Scooby Doo had a good theme song. That was enough to get me watching any awful cartoon back then...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Neo Helbeast posted:

Drama? What drama? I like drama.

How does it measure to the "pregnant by 20+ year old boyfriend" drama?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crabtree posted:

Why the hell does that thing come back from the dead so frequently? Its like the vengeful spirit of CN Live that just can't be fully exorcised. Is it somehow stupidly popular in Canada or do they have like five billion seasons to use at this point?

Sickeningly enough, I preferred 6Teen.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

DoctorWhat posted:

Can you imagine the alternatives? Do you have any conception of how many posts that thread gets?

You really don't want Adventure Time talk in this thread, Motherfucker. Especially last month.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Moatman posted:

What happened last month?

Breezy.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ThermoPhysical posted:

Where was this short aired?

They randomly play it after a show ends.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

raditts posted:

Neither do I, when the gently caress did that even happen? It looks like they aged the gang up to their fifties.

I just saw a bit of an episode where Shaggy was being chased by his evil gay uncle. And something about Scooby Snax giving them powers.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Cardboard Box A posted:

That makes it... an anime?

Yeah. Where do you think the Japanese got the word from?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Gaunab posted:

The sonic show debuted this morning on Cartoon Network. It's alright. Standard Saturday morning fair.

You know what would've gone well with that? Fuckin' Ben 10 Omniverse. Why they put it on weekdays is beyond me. Hell they probably had a year's worth of episodes.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Yeah, assface was supposed to be a character in the original Kinnikuman. They also had him in the GameCube game.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Gann Jerrod posted:

I'm on my fifth straight year of boycotting Christmas specials because they refuse to air the Garfield Christmas Special.

Which is loving sick. I wonder why they don't? It's shouldn't cost them more to air it than whatever cg crap, or that loving "Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer" special.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

That would be the one I remember as a kid, anyone remember anything else about it?
You're thinking about Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic Underground was the lovely "sequel" that ignored everything about the old cartoon but the artstyle.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Gaunab posted:

Shut up, Jaleel White was one of the best Sonic voice actors.

Yeah but there's only like one or two bad ones: the one from Sonic x and the one from that random Sonic movie. Strange, isn't it?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Acquire Currency! posted:

Oh hey it was nothing

This isn't Clarence. That's as far as you can get with Nick and they know they aren't doing more.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Junior Jr. posted:

There wasn't really much to Bakugan, it was pretty much just buying toys that shot balls through their chests. You'd have more fun playing with marbles instead of playing with Bakugan.

But then again, I have a little fuzzy memory about them, although I couldn't care less.

That was B-daman. Which was funny until the reboot.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jack Gladney posted:

What's the deal with that adult living next door to Belsen? I only saw the last half of the episode, but out of context he seems like a molester, which can't be right.

He wants to creep on Belsen's mom maybe.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

raditts posted:

This will actually be the second send-off episode, a few months ago my DVR randomly picked up an episode that was set 10 years in the future on their last day of summer before college, which seemed like as good a final episode as any.

As long as it doesn't pull a Fairly Oddparents and shamble through more than 4 final episodes/movies over what feels like a decade.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Korra did really well when it premiered. That's when they got another season. It went to poo poo during season 2. It had that animation thing, the lovely villain, and no advertising at all. Hell, I never knew when it aired until season 3 got yanked from tv. I guess I don't hate the show because I skipped season 2...

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 27, 2015

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sleeveless posted:

Korra wound up being such a dull protagonist that the most memorable part of the entire series is the part where she's in a coma and completely absent.

I thought it was the murder-suicide dealie, which she was also absent from.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shabadu posted:

It's grown on me to the point that I don't actively change the channel when its on. It feels like it could've done well on nickelodeon in the 90s. There was an episode Weird Al was in that surprised me. And the Andrew WK one. And the episode where pizza steve was ric flair.

Nah Pizza Steve just stole Ric Flair's hair and took over his pool.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Can't be any worse than them coming from 2006 and Sonic 4.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Y-Hat posted:

The one-week Clarence bomb was great. Chad (Clarence's dad stand-in) owns, so does the fact that the kids went on an acid trip through severe sleep deprivation.

Don't forget Clarence punching Belson out.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ConanThe3rd posted:

I heard word that the animation studio switched over. Is the visuals still ok?

It's nowhere near as obvious as "American Dragon: Jake Long", but you notice something's up.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ConanThe3rd posted:

Remember when CanCon used to mean stuff like Reboot and Beast Wars and not utter dreck like Jonny Test?

Those were nicer days :smith:

The worst part is that when Johnny Test premiered, it was one of the better non-anime cartoons on the WB since Spielberg stopped making stuff. Fuckin' educational TV law...

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

HorseRenoir posted:

Camp Lazlo was such a bland vanilla-paste nothing of a show. One of my biggest disappointments as a child was being a huge Rocko fan and desperately trying convince myself that it was funny.

It got watchable when they knew the show was getting cancelled. It finally had jokes and I liked the final episode.

Puffy AmiYumi was only good for the live action scenes where the poor girls had to speak English.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

A Darkseid/Trigon buddy comedy is all they need. It's funny they never did anything with them in the comics.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Oh Snapple! posted:

The last time I watched, Mordecai was dating CJ and the show was better for it. Did they seriously dump her and focus on Margaret again?

Not really. He just dumped her.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

It was what the contest winner named the Funnie baby. I liked new Doug, especially with how they handled the last episode: Pattie gets tired of Doug's poo poo and just straight up asks him out.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hihohe posted:

Does that mean I have to like Peggy?

Yes.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Bass Bottles posted:

Apparently those aren't actually new, they're just airing in North America for the first time. They're originally from France.

First Garfield and now this? C'mon France!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

paradoxGentleman posted:

I never actually watched that one. Is it as bad as it looks?

No, but then again it looked like poo poo, so that's not saying much. It was actually ok. Better than any other non-Mysteries Inc series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hemingway To Go! posted:

is this a joke or is it REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SERIOUS

The Teen Titans had it rotting in their attic for years.