Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Meeble posted:

People may hate on it for not being "dark and edgy" but Batman: The Brave and the Bold is loving awesome. Silver Age Batman is just as good as crazy, brooding Batman :colbert:

I know this show has been mentioned a few times before, but this is one I try to watch whenever I can (which is not so often unfortunately). One particularly awesome episode had a musical villain (voiced by Neil Patrick Harris oh my god) who controlled the other characters through song and the vast majority of the lines in that episode were sung. I liked this show before, but I think that particular episode really got me to fall for it.

I haven't been able to watch what's currently on so much, but I have fond memories of some of the stuff that used to be out quite awhile ago, like around the time of Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, and the Powerpuff Girls (all shows I enjoyed). I really liked that Cartoon Network had that show with the cartoon shorts that spawned some of the shows I already mentioned. A few other shows I really liked were Courage the Cowardly Dog and Samurai Jack. Especially Samurai Jack, which I thought was gorgeously done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Also, with the Muppets a shambling zombified corpse of their former selves it makes me :unsmith: to see that Sesame Street still has it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgvKCfZqxrQ

Haha this owns pretty hard. I'm pretty sure I heard 'Well done, my sycophants!' which is pretty funny out of Sesame Street.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

Allia posted:

^^ Did they actually answer?

How long was Legends of the Hidden Temple on anyways? I want to say it was on for years, but it could be that it was just reruns that kept on being aired. Plus I imagine even if you know the layout of the Temple from being a fan of the show, the whole exhaustion/being filmed/being timed is enough to really stress someone out, especially since most of the kids were fairly young. I don't think any of the kids were over 12, and I imagine that most were younger.

Not to mention a temple guard could pop out at any moment. It'd nearly scare the poo poo out of me just watching it (I was little okay!), and a lot of the kids looked like they were about to have a heart attack whenever they did jump out. I'd imagine after a long show, it'd be tough to focus by the end with your adrenaline still pumping. Ah Nickelodeon. :)

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

TeenNick Bringing a 90's Block to Late-Night

Two things, Nickelodeon:

1) You needed FACEBOOK AND TWITTER to tell you that people who grew up on your shows would happily watch them again? Because I'm pretty sure that I was hearing people clamoring for those reruns back in college, five years ago. And was it really so hard to say "Oh we have this HUGE CATALOG OF TITLES, we should fill some programming gaps with this"?

2) It's going to take you about six months to air shows that you already produced and own the rights to? I'm just a simpleton who doesn't understand how television works, but...what the hell are you guys doing over there, Viacom?

Since when is the 90s considered retro? :saddowns: I swear I'm not that old!

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I've never seen Three Delivery, but Vaerai's comparison to Jackie Chan Adventures reminded me that I'd just marathoned that whole show on Netflix. When it was running, I used to watch it with my younger siblings who loved it. Watching it now, I still think it holds up pretty well. It does tend to get pretty formulaic but sometimes it does fun things to mess with the formula and it never actually got boring for me. I thought it was a legitimately funny show and it has some pretty good running jokes.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

After reading people talking about it in this thread, I've been watching Mystery Inc on Netflix and it's pretty awesome. I like that there's an over-arching mystery and that it sort of both stays true to and simultaneously subtly sends up all that is Scooby Doo. Plus adding a little more depth to the characters in the meantime. From what I remember reading here, it sounds like it got canned which is too bad.

Also this might just make sense to anybody who lives in the state of New York, but Mr. E sounds like the guys who does the New York lotto commercials on the radio lately.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

raditts posted:

Is the lotto guy Lewis Black? Because that's who voices Mr. E.

Well I looked it up out of curiosity and according to this article, yes it actually is!

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

Gaunab posted:

Finally finished Mystery Inc. Was a good series. Wonder why they don't try to make other shows set in that universe like Johnny Quest or Blue Falcon.

I too just finished Mystery Inc. drat it was getting a little dark there in the end. I really really liked it though, it had a lot of elements I tend to really enjoy: great humor, poked fun at itself, fun references, and an over-arching main mystery that I thought they did a great job of teasing slowly. Plus, they got a lot of great people to voice the characters, it was fun reading the IMDB page.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Just a heads up: Cartoon Network is showing all of Over the Garden Wall today at 5:30.

They are doing another run today that started at 3:30 EST. It's pretty adorable so far :3: Also I'm recognizing a bunch of voices, but I don't want to IMDB it to confirm until I'm done with the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Who's that girl? (What's her name?) Is she cool? Is she lame?

Oh god, I recognized this immediately. Thanks for getting this song stuck in my head :argh:

As for content, I've caught a few episodes of Gumball, which I've been enjoying to my surprise. I like the mixed media stuff and it's pretty funny sometimes too :shobon: