Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I usually only get to watch cartoons these days when I'm looking after a friend's place as I don't have my own television setup at home and thusly just stream stuff. That said:

-Gumball fuckin' owns. Probably the best thing I've seen on CN since Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

-I read back about 15 pages to see if a question had already been recently answered and in that I got clued into Mystery Incorporated, so thank you for that--definitely will have to check it out! The question I'm trying to solve is: to watch Miraculous eps on Nickelodeon it seems I need a TV provider, which, well, no TV. Are there any hints of it making way to hulu or netflix or some other service I can just subscribe to directly?

-Gumball fuckin' owns (it bears repeating.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Oh wow the...lighting, I guess, in Mysteries Incorporated is totally killer. It's just nuts what it does for everything!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

dang, y'all weren't kidding about fred being so great in MI.

"thanks for nothing!"

"sure thing, pops!"

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I've been working through Mystery Incorporated and am at episode 22 or so. I had, after like episode 3 or 4, told my younger brother to check it out.

Asked him last night how he was doing with it and apparently he's basically already done, or close to it. I feel like a good older brother now.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i am 100% in love with "the status quo-yo"

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Nice to see Gumball making Arrested Development references.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

It was an episode that aired today; something about Anais being the favorite child? And as Gumball says something about someone "finishing each other's--" "Sandwiches!" Darwin interrupts.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I thought Coran was obnoxious as all hell for the first few episodes but he shaped up and for the rest of the season was pretty great.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Didn't Redd Herring show up in the background somewhere? I tried to keep an eye out for him but didn't see him anywhere.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

when I was a little kid I had a vhs tape of scooby-doo meets the boo brothers that I'm surprised didn't drive my poor mother to murder me as often as I wanted to watch it. I occasionally find myself quoting it and making off-hand references.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I remember seeing a clip in some documentary about budgies that had him narrating it in his resting accent. Native accent? I'm not sure what the normal term is. Anyways, should be good.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'd say watch 13 Ghosts just for context/reference. There's the occasional nod to it in later series.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I fuckin' loved Syber Squad, had shittons of the toys, and as an added bonus of course it had Tim Curry!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

turns out most of (but not all) the miraculous episodes on netflix have french as an option. out of curiosity i watched some and mostly now I realize just how far i have to go in terms of speaking speed alone.

that said, there're little bits i can pick up on and get a feel for how they're used a little better, like "a plus tard" for example.

anyways, i'm pretty sure the mime is the best episode. something about it reminds me of the tick.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

oh yeah, one other miraculous/netflix thought--I really dig the reordering of the episodes, seems to flow a bit better.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

started on star vs. forces of evil

got to monster arm

hooooooly poo poo, the "i want it to be my boyfriend" and "breathes heavily"

then "not my bowels, I love my bowels!"

this is A Good Show

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I really hope I can watch this sometime in the next 24hrs. Sounds enticing.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

watched it; feel like all I can really say is "Aw."

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

So I looked back at some season one chunks and there was an interesting somewhat relevant in St. Olga's in the room with the floor motifs and the roof aperture reminding of the blood moon thing. I don't remember seeing that motif show up at all in Season 2; maybe it'll come up again in s3.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

star season 2 hit hulu a lot sooner than i was expecting.

mister candle cares is pretty dang good. i think monster arm will probably remain my favorite.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You'll (likely) be surprised-the first half of Season 2 is decent, but the back half is where the show really becomes something special.

Oh, I'd seen it--or at least most of it? I'm rewatching now. It does get unreal.

Before I saw any Star at all, just from this thread, I had pseudo-conflated Marco and Ludo and was really looking forward to Marco getting a wand.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

the songs in the christmas special sound much better in french, yes.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's even a new intro that people have seen, allegedly!

what kind of evil do you have to be to say such a thing so tantalizingly with no links?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

oh boy oh boy oh boy

i am very ready for things to resume getting a little weird and getting a little wild.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

From what I remember about Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot the basic plot centered around Rusty, an actual robot, idolizing and looking up to Big Guy, who he mistakenly believes is also a robot, but is actually a piloted mech. Together they fought stuff?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Beachcomber posted:

When does Miraculous hit its stride? I watched the first episode and it seemed like Sailor Moon, but in cg and for younger children.

Glomgold should run for President mayor and be soundly defeated.

At this point the episodes have been aired in a different order just about every place they've been aired, so it's hard to say. I will say that Mime, King Food, and Stormy Weather are probably the top three? As a general rule the more over-the-top the villainy is the better the fights are, I think.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Payndz posted:

The Mime, Mr Pigeon, Pixelator, Puppeteer, Simon Says, Reflekta and Kung Food are the best for nutso imagination and good action. (Stormy Weather, IIRC the first episode made, is probably also the weakest as it's not quite 'there' with the show's format; it's heavily front-loaded with the babysitting stuff - I don't think Ladybug appears until over halfway through - and unlike the other episodes the villain has no prior connection at all to the heroes, though they later retconned her to be at the same school. The creators were still finding their feet, and I think it shows.)

Hm, that's fair--I just really like the action sequence atop the TV studio building in that episode, and that's probably coloring my judgement. I agree with your list of good eps, I might add Princess Fragrance just because the Chat Noir factor, though. My absolute favorite remains The Mime though.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I don't think it's that so much as the disappointment of fans who liked the serious storylines of the original show and found out the sequel series was superpowered Seinfeld.

ttg actually has a black person though.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

yeah it was a seinfeld joke.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

yes. but i was making a seinfeld joke. jesus.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

maybe they spent all their money getting kate mckinnon and lin manuel miranda involved.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

also for context noelle was the one who wrote the excellent nimona as well as a bunch of lumberjanes. someone with the same name was in the creidts for the ducktales reboot but I don’t know if it was her or not.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

my favorite ed edd and eddy joke is when the kid with the headgear says, regarding pillows, “I’m a good fluffer, aren’t I, Sarah?”

the one where they’re all dared to be each other is incredible too

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

While we're talking anime, I just wanna throw out there that DEVILMAN crybaby loving slaps hard

It's absolutely not a kids show by any stretch of the imagination (seriously do not show it to your children, I'm not kidding here), but it's LGBT-positive as hell, and while the events of the story are pretty depressing the themes are weirdly uplifting if that makes sense? Like it's ultimately a show about how love and empathy are the #1 thing that defines humanity, and while those are our greatest weakness, they're also our greatest strength.

Also it just loving rules in general, Masaaki Yuasa is a genius

i saw it was rated M, is it gory? dark and adult themes i can handle but I have a hard time w/ gore.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

y’all the second episode of the new ladybug season is absolutely fuckin incredible in so many ways

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

you can turn the the trailer autoplay off, but I forget exactly where the setting is.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I finally got around to checking out Big Hero 6 and the series that followed it and holy smokes what a riot! I feel like the series has one of the better rogues galleries I've seen in a while, and I can't make up my mind as to which villain is my favorite at all.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Late to its defense but I really, really, really like the Big Hero 6 series. I feel like it's put together well, it looks sharp, the music's solid, and my least favorite character I can't completely hate. The villains are also just a shitton of fun--imagine every villain in Miraculous was on the Mime's level and that's the kind of consistency I feel BH6 has.

Also, they definitely have code names. They just don't use them.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Funky Valentine posted:

He was once, and that was the episode where Fred was making a conscious effort not to accuse him.

also, red was trying to hide his efforts to do something nice and considerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Just finished season 3 of Big Hero 6 unaware it was the final season. I enjoyed it tremendously, a lot of the gags caught me off guard in the best ways, but it’s hard not to be a little bummed it’s over. I loved the linework, colors, shading, everything visually, and overall it was a hoot.