Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Seeing Mojo press the buttons in that Devo video, made me go look up this old Dexter bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0wfawLYjjQ

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I kind of liked Danny Phantom, and thought they could have gone some neat places with it. I felt, though, that it got WAY too cheesy a lot of the time. Danny's puns/wisecracks didn't really work for me.

I did however, really love two of the villains. That vampire dude and that big guy with the green hair that was voiced by the guy that did Gantu in Lilo & Stitch (I would love any role he plays really)

edit: Somewhat related: I really wish that AbraCatastrophe had been a theatrical movie instead of just a TV movie. I always wanted to see the Fairly Oddparents on the big screen, and AbraCatastrophe just seemed like it was meant for theaters with how grand it was. I mean, there final battle with Crocker, and the Timmy finally revealing his fairies to his parents. But hey, I also thought Dexter's Ego Trip should have been a theatrical movie too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

mobo85 posted:

Mickey's never appeared in his own stand-alone theatrical release. The closest is his starring role in a retelling of "Jack and the Beanstalk" which was part of the package film Fun and Fancy Free. According to Burny Mattinson, who is behind the Mickey feature idea, Disney had an idea in development as far back as the 1980s with the key Disney trio (Mickey, Donald, Goofy) as the Three Musketeers, which eventually became a direct-to-video feature directed by Two Stupid Dogs creator Donovan Cook. This is probably the best modern project Disney's attempted to do using the characters. It's been a while since I saw it, but I recall it being actually funny and entertaining, with a few self-referential gags and some catchy musical numbers based on familiar classical pieces. (As far as modern revivals of the Disney characters go, there was also Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse, which was a pretty good series.)

I loved that 3 Musketeers movie, except for the songs. Every time one started I wanted to tear my ears off. They just didn't work to me. I would have rather them done original ones instead of just putting lyrics to the classical songs.

I would love to see a full theatrical movie STARRING Mickey. He isn't used enough, though I think in recent years they are starting to realize "Okay we need to do something with the freaking MASCOT of our company." His role was pretty awesome in Kingdom Hearts, especially when he whipped off his cloak and went charging into battle, for instance. House of Mouse used Mickey quite a bit, and his cartoons were entertaining. He's a good character that kind of gets pushed to the side, I think, because he's considered the more goody two shoes character I guess, compared to Donald or Goofy. I go to Magic Kingdom a lot, and lately I've noticed them really showing off Mickey more. There's a pirate version of him in the gift shop of Pirates of the Caribbean. He's all over the art of Disney store. Etc.

On a similar note, if no one here has ever seen Philharmagic at Disney, take a trip there and go see it. It's so good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Digital Scumbag posted:

Anybuddy got a screencap of dat Bugs?

You can watch a clip of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY93bQUl0Ys&feature=related

Everything about it is terrible. And those voices, my god. I don't get it either. BOTH good recent voices of Bugs (Billy West and the guy who voiced him in Back in Action) are BOTH IN THIS SHOW! But neither of them are voicing Bugs. :confused:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Pretty much.

If I'm any example though, I think most of us are more familiar with the latter years' Bugs designs, though stuff like Space Jam/etc. I remember even when I was a kid and watched Looney Tunes I'd still get a little jarred when the old Bugs cartoons came on.

Then of course you've got this retarded bullshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJUfbd-NXo

Oh I'm not saying I didn't end up liking it, I'm just saying it took me a long time to warm up to it because it was so out of the element for Goofy. I think the only Disney Afternoon show I actually hated was Bonkers.

God I already forgot about Loonatics. That makes this new show look incredible by comparison.

No one I know has ever heard of the Disney Afternoon. So it makes me happy to see people here bringing it up :unsmith: Though I loved Bonkers. The only one I didn't really like was the Mighty Ducks cartoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzIHLu9Zckk :dance:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

I've heard nothing about this new Looney Tunes remake, so after seeing that picture of the characters in the show, it made me think: why is Lola Bunny in there? I thought that she was something that Warner Brothers wanted to forget.

I'm pretty sure Lola has been used in almost every Looney Tunes thing that came out after Space Jam besides Back in Action (which was very good). I don't think WB has any plans to forget Lola.

Martytoof posted:

I guess if we get a new girl-Daffy we might as well get Lola back.

Which makes me wonder if girl-Daffy will be as crazy as Daffy is, or if they'll go the stereotypical route and make her some kind of "voice of wisdom" type of character.

I imagine she'll probably be like Daisy Duck. It would be funny if she was just like Daffy, but I don't see that happening for some reason. And speaking of Daffy, do more people prefer the crazy WOO HOO HOO A HOO HOO Daffy or the manipulative always-trying-one-up-bugs Daffy? Because I personally love the latter way more. The Duck Season/Rabbit Season cartoons were some of the funniest ever in my opinion.

RELATED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbYbc2IVqVg

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Man what the gently caress people Tom and Jerry is hilarious

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

kefkafloyd posted:

I just watched Gumball. I haven't laughed this hard since the coffee bean episode of Regular Show.

ALLIGATORS ON A TRAIN!

Yeah, it was pretty hilarious. The Mystery was especially funny with the robot, and both the principle and the teacher getting run over by a bus and ambulance (with squishing noises). I'm totally on the Gumball train

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

"Hey Lois! Remember that time Seth MacFarlane brought back The Flintstones on FOX?"
"yea-wait, what?"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yabba-dabba-doo-seth-macfarlane-finally-gets-go-ahead-to-reboot-the-flintstones/

quote:

UPDATE 2:15 PM: TOLDJA! Fox just announced the deal at its upfront this afternoon. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said production on the animated series will begin production in Fall 2011 for a 2013 premiere on the Fox schedule. In a cross-studio collaboration, The Flintstones will be produced jointly by 20th Century Fox Television and Warner Bros Television. Dan Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and Kara Vallow (Family Guy) will serve as executive producers with Seth MacFarlane who says the very first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone. “So it’s appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him.” Added Reilly: “The Flintstones are among the funniest and most beloved characters in television history, and we can’t wait to introduce them to a whole new generation on Fox,” said Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “FOX has long been home to iconic families like the Simpsons and the Griffins, so I have no doubt that the Flintstones and the Rubbles are going to fit right in on our air.” He hinted that the deal for the show closed just hours before the presentation today -- just like I told you. In a video shown at the upfronts, MacFarlane shed some light on his plans for the remake: The characters will look the same but he'll introduce new technology, like "What is the animal version of an iPad?”

EXCLUSIVE: Seth MacFarlane is one of the busiest creatives in show business -- and he just got a lot busier. I've just learned that he's finally realized one of his life's ambitions: to reboot The Flintstones as a TV and film property. My scoop today follows years of very complicated negotiations between 20th Century Fox TV, where McFarlane is based, and Warner Bros Television, which owns the rights to the series after absorbing The Flintstones' famed producer Hanna-Barbera. Not only did the suits have a ton of deal points to work through, but I hear the "Yabba Dabba Doo" prehistoric family sitcom's rightholders were somewhat concerned how the classic series would be interpreted given MacFarlane's brand of raunchy comedies like Family Guy. (But, if you ask me, Universal's dreadful Flintstones films were the real abomination ...) So here are all the Hollywood players who had to unentangle this mess: MacFarlane's attorney Jim Jackoway, WME's Ari Emanuel and Greg Hodes; 20th Century Fox TV's Gary Newman, Ira Kurghan, and Howard Kurtzman; and Warner Bros Television's Peter Roth, Brett Paul and even Bruce Rosenblum. There's no broadcast date as of yet, but the reboot will air on Fox.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

readingatwork posted:

Sweet! "It came from the Nightosphere" is like my favorite episode.

The funny thing about that episode is that there's no Jake in it until the very end, and then he doesn't say anything. He just rolls over in Finn's pocket and farts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

raditts posted:

"Kung Fu Panda Holiday"? A lovely holiday special* is nominated for an Emmy?

*I've never actually seen it, but as cash-in holiday specials go, I'm pretty confident this one doesn't break the mold of shittiness.

It's actually very good, just like the movies are. So I say give it a chance. I'd be annoyed if it was like the Shrek christmas special or Madagascar penguins christmas special.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

Unrelated, but I suddenly remembered the episode -- I'm pretty sure it was Freakazoid -- where the whole plot was put on hold for five minutes while Freakazoid, Wakko Warner, and somebody from Tiny Toons (I think it was Buster Bunny, could've been Plucky Duck) went to Spielberg's office to settle which one was his favorite.

Spielberg: "...Who ARE you people?"
The room: :smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsPjyxJOo7k

It was Brain, not Buster. According to the youtube description, they couldn't use Buster because it was airing on Nickelodeon at the time.

Edit: Wow, I just watched some episodes of Regular Show. That show is hilarious I can't believe I've been missing out on it. "You're lucky I care about lady pecks" :lol:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 13, 2011

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

Hey Arnold! came out near the end of my Nickelodeon watching time, so I didn't watch many episodes of it. After watching a couple of episodes on Netflix Instant, though, I've found out that it's really great. My favorite Nicktoon growing up was Rocko's Modern Life, and even though they're two very different shows, I have to say that Hey Arnold! is better. It captures the soul of living in a city well, and I can't get enough of the jazzy soundtrack.

Helga is extremely creepy, though.

Make sure you watch the movie too! I loved Hey Arnold (and I liked the way they handled the Arnold and Helga thing at the end of the movie as well)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ElNarez posted:

Not as long as Family Guy is on the air I'm afraid. Let me present Exhibit A, from last Sunday's season premiere. MAD has the merits of using mildly relevant material, doing something creative with said material and acknowledging that these memes are pretty stupid.

Why does this go on for nearly 40 seconds? Why can't Family Guy let a joke be quick, why do they have to have the joke go on and on and on? Whyyy WHYYYYYY

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Fishylungs posted:

Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness is apparently airing a preview episode right now.

I hadn't heard about this until now. I had to look it up after reading this.

Why... why is this a thing that exists? Don't ruin Kung Fu Panda, Dreamworks

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I had to see what all the hubbub was about Johnny Test so I watched a random clip on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNQrEN6L32I&feature=fvst

Is the entire show *character does a thing* Johnny Test: You just did that thing!!

edit: What in the. A Pup Named Scooby Doo was great :colbert: the original Scooby Doo was garbage.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

dovetaile posted:

And Christmas movies!

And corny sounding romance movies. PIZZA MY HEART :allears:

Oh it also used to have like a two hour block every night of Whose Line Is It Anyway, so that was awesome.

edit: If you're wondering what Pizza My Heart is about, it is Romeo and Juliet but with two competing pizza chains. I know this because they played a commercial for it every. single. commercial. break. during Whose Line.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RebelWorm posted:

So... What's the general opinion on NFL Rush Zone: Guardians of the Core?

Looked this up on youtube.

What. The hell. :psyduck:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

readingatwork posted:

Hey Nick! I have an idea! Bring back Invader Zim your twits!

It's not like they're not already playing it all the time. You may as well get some fresh money out of the rather large fanbase you've been avoiding.

It'll never come back. Johnen Whosits essentially said he was done with it and moved on. Which sucks since the show seemed to end during a time when it was becoming a more story driven show with Tak and everything. It's a shame the show died so early, but on the other hand it seemed like he wasn't willing to really work with Nickelodeon when it came to censoring his stuff.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zeeman posted:

There totally is a Mushroom King. Bowser even prank calls him!

I had that huge Mario book when I was a kid. I have NO IDEA what happened it :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Behonkiss posted:

Figured this was as good a place as any to post my...find in a 7-Eleven parking lot a few minutes ago. For all I know this could belong to a goon, so my apologies, not trying to piss off anyone. It just struck me as funny.

I like to think that belongs to some kind old lady who has been nicknamed "Brony" for whatever reason her whole life. And then the new My Little Pony happened.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Eggie posted:

After Wikipedia binging for an hour, I'm reminded of old shows I used to watch, but it's shows like Timon and Pumbaa and Dog City that are special in that I watched them all the time(every day for months) but I can barely remember a frame of them. With Timon and Pumbaa I can remember they gave Rafiki a nephew but the only part of Dog City I can remember is the theme song, which doesn't surprise me.

The Timon and Pumba tv show was loving hilarious.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Genesis Aladdin was so good. The music was awesome

Neo Helbeast posted:

Atlantis had 3 episodes made for a TV series but, got canceled and the episodes got smashed together for a direct to DVD sequel movie.

Also Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness is, well, awesome. It doesn't add much to the movies but it feels like the movies.

I'm pretty impressed by the guy they got to sound like Jack Black.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

Speaking of, Disneyworld's Fantasyland expansion/renovation had the brakes pulled and the plans adjusted because the division president realized that the entire thing was one big slobbery kiss to the Princess movement with nothing for a male to be interested in doing.

The division president can speak for himself :colbert: I'm looking forward to eating in Beast's Ballroom so freaking much.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm really not big into anime, but I will always have a soft spot for Dragonball Z :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

mobo85 posted:

Face did appear during The '90s Are All That New Year's celebration. He served as the countdown clock, basically being an rear end in a top hat, telling Stick Stickly to go grow a pair and then drinking all of his champagne.

I had to look this up. Face really does straight up say "Grow a pair" :psyduck:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Gak was a parent's nightmare.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Somewhat related, Tiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation is also coming to DVD finally: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tiny-Toon-Adventures-How-I-Spent-My-Vacation/16960

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:psyduck: I have NO idea what I think about that teaser.

The animation when they're fighting is really nice, and their faces are really expressive. However their talking animations look... really strange. Like, it kind of looks like when anyone talks in Robot Chicken. I can't decide if I like what I'm seeing or not.

Did people here like the TMNT movie that came out a few years ago? I was really surprised by how good it was, especially the rooftop scene between Raphael and Leonardo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'd say more stylized would be a better way to put it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

I'd forgotten just how cool Hey Arnold is. It's way subdued compared to... pretty much any animated show on TV right now, and the supporting cast is so well rounded out, like an almost Springfieldian level of world building. The score is really good too. Cool and jazzy.

Also, in the first few episodes, the kids eat both felafel and souvlaki, a true sign of a big city.

I liked the movie a lot too, though I can understand why it didn't do well.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

And yet Feeny will still be around.

I hope we get dad Eric along with his son going out to the backyard and both of them going FEENEH! FEEEEEENEH! FEE-HEE-HEE-HEEEEENEH! at the same time.

Also will we get more Topenga? :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

raditts posted:

"A little choppy" is being pretty generous, you can definitely tell it's being animated by only a couple of people. They did get the tone right, though.

Yeah, the animation itself VERY choppy, and really obvious it's made in flash. Which sucks because artwise, they could not have recreated the look of the show any better. Hell you could pause at almost any part of that video and it looks like an official screenshot. Everything from the characters, to the camera angles to the backgrounds all look pretty much perfect.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Angry Beavers was hilarious. It was one of those few cartoons that even my dad would even enjoy. That and Spongebob, though that show has gone downhill for a while now.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

KKoserYaks posted:

Well, with lines like, "Betty a thief? That's an absurd proposition!"
"You're an absurd proposition!" How could you not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vs55Z7t7bk

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Also Hitler looked like this:

I GOT A FINAL SOLUTION FOR YOU BROTHER

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why Cartoon Network keeps doing things that aren't CARTOONS is baffling to me. If you want to be like Nickelodeon, change your name

This was shared on Adventure Time's timeline several times last month:

Look at all those cartoons!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Devil Tesla posted:

I guess their s&p practices were different back then.

I'll say, becuase honestly that episode wasn't THAT much worse than that one episode of Spongebob.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

mobo85 posted:

Nickelodeon, who for the first time ever is in the unusual position of having their square pants handed to them by their competition, is #2 in the upfront-go-round this year, and they seem poised to get out of SpongeBob overabundance by copying what Disney and CN have been doing.

Here's the Breadwinners short, which definitely seems to have a Regular Show vibe to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vls-7QPgiBk

Haha this has potential I think to go up against Gravity Fall/Adventure Time/Regular Show if done right. I especially love how the music was used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

madeupfred posted:

Angry Beavers was recommended to me on Netflix, so I tried watching an episode. Made it about ten minutes in before I had enough. There's something uncomfortably off with the pacing, like the team was forced to stretch a four minute sketch into a 15 minute block.

Man what :psyduck: Angry Beavers is one of the funniest cartoons and TV shows in general I've watched