Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Haven't seen the whole show but of what I did see, only the pro bending matches and the backstory of the whole avatar thing were memorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
It wasn't so much that I cared who won or whatever, just that the actual matches were cool to watch.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

I just re-checked the episode descriptions and only the first two have to do with his birthday from the current information shown.

A new promo was just released, but I'm not sure if I should link it here due to possibility of too much derail. Someone's going to need to start up a new thread soon unless we're all decided to put SU in the bin with the small horse show.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Comedy option: Make BotL a TV IV mod and use some kind of elaborate blackmail scheme to force them to keep the SU thread clean

Seriously though, I have no argument against your point. The level of 'discourse' is pretty much the same anywhere you go.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Good children's cartoon

Who the hell has fun passing around fan art like a pedophile ring?

You and Ian were right that there's no need to dump fanart into the thread when it's very easy to find for anyone who wants it, but can you maybe curtail this sort of deliberate poo poo-stirring comparison in the interest of A Nice Thread?

Oh and please everyone remember not to reply to deliberate GBS-posting, just report it if it's really bad and then ignore it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
The point is we want a thread for discussing the show, not for doing the various other activities that fans do on other websites. You may think of it as a thread where "no fun is allowed", if that helps clarify.

kefkafloyd posted:

Ban fanart from the main thread and make a PYF SU fanart thread sounds like a good idea to me.

...or you could just post any images you think are truly notable in the general fanart thread, and let Reddit be in charge of reposting every single thing that pops up on Tumblr or Deviantart.

Flying-PCP fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 2, 2016