Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Yeah this show feels shallow and bland because it is. Time Force is another really good series that's a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I just don't get how beyblade ever got popular. Its a show about loving tops, the lamest toy ever!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Dexter's original VA, Christine Cavanaugh retired right after the first series ended, came back to do Ego Trip, and when the second series rolled around, they hired Candi Milo.

All this time I thought Dexter was voiced by Pamela Adlon of King of the Hill fame.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So, I finally got around to watching the second season of Gravity Falls thanks to Hulu. I couldn't help but notice that the last episode aired months after the one that proceed it, that's awful!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

FilthyImp posted:

You didn't notice the year-and-a-half hiatus between season one and two?

Watching that show was pretty painful, but the great animation and story made it so worth it. Shame that it burned out Hirsch while doing so.

I start watching until the first season was basically over and didn't watch it again until last week.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Mr Interweb posted:

good news people. to celebrate the arrival of avatar on netflix, i FINALLY went ahead and...bought the blurays. :c00l:

I bought the Blurays for my wife back around Christmas so we could finally rewatch it and for some reason we only got to about episode 7. Then they put it back on Netflix and I finished the show in three days. I don't know what it was about having it on Netflix that made it so much easier to binge, but I'm actually really sad it's over. I also wish I liked Korra more overall so I could just jump into that.

I'm not ashamed to admit the Uncle scenes in season 2 and 3 had me holding back tears so hard.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Senerio posted:

I split Korra into two parts:
Season 1 and 2
Korra - Watch only if needed

Season 3 and 4
Korra - The Good Part

The only thing I usually watch from the first section is the Avatar Wan duology.

I think my biggest issue with Korra was the overall lack of focus. Season one rushed all the majority story beats in the last few episodes and never really gave things time to breathe. I couldn't begin to tell you what the hell was going on in season 2. And I loved season 3, but there was way too much teen angst for my liking. I don't even remember season 4 and I just watched it last summer.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Khanstant posted:

I just started Avatar, a few episodes in. This episode has a plot about Sokka dealing with some sexism he has, but, where did he get all that? AFAIK he was the oldest male in his village and seemed like tons of women around. Did Sokka just hunt alone or with the little boys or were there a bunch of adult dudes I missed?

All the warriors in his tribe are dudes, they went off to war and he stayed behind to protect the women and children. Plus there's other stuff that comes up later that I won't spoil.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Did they kiss at the end? I thought they just held hands as the screen turned white. Either way you're totally right, that Mako/Korra relationship was just the worst. Asami was the best character in Team Avatar 2 and she's totally wasted for much of the series.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I will say, I'm beyond amazed they got away with a murder/suicide on a kids show. Just wish the build up to that was earned.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
gently caress, I forgot about the Earth Queen, that was crazy.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I could accept Aang losing fights easier because even by the end he hasn't truly mastered all the elements, but Korra actually got real Avatar training and (at one point) full mastery of the avatar state. No one should have been able to touch her.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I feelc like Netflix removing the top 10 list right when one of their own new releases gets beat by a 15 yr kids cartoon can't be a coincidence.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

BioEnchanted posted:

Apropos of nothing I just wanted to say I love Dr K from Power Rangers RPM - she's the best zordon-type character IMO.

Spoilers for a late-game RPM reveal, but a cool and funny moment for her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqrAbWT6Opc

RPM is so much better than it has any right to be, especially considering the source material. How they took a goofy show about talking Pixar vehicles and turned it into a post apocalyptic Mad Max/Terminator show for kids I'll never know.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I still love that Kyoshi came back for the sole purpose of setting the record straight "yes I did kill Chin, because gently caress that guy"

For some reason I've spent the last decade thinking that scene being was Kyoshi coming back and explaining it was all one big mixup which leads to Aang getting freed.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I finished my rewatch last we and I don't know what it was but once I got to tales of Ba Sing Sae I couldn't stop balling up every time Uncle showed up. That poo poo is just rough and knowing that came out after Mako passed just made it even harder.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Taear posted:

Season 2 of Kipo was spoiled a little by having a picture of her transformed as the photo on netflix. Dammit!
I did enjoy it a lot but I also feel like it feels a bit rushed? I wish series were as long as they used to be.

Netflix does that all the time and it's extremely annoying. Just pick a thumbnail and stick with it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just binged Infinity Train to day and all I can say is gently caress Simon! I can't remember the last time a show has made me hate a character this much. Definitely not looking forward to his eventual redemption.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm bored at work right now and kinda want to watch the last two episodes of infinity train, but I feelike it's gonna be way too heavy to watch in public. Last time I watched I woke my wife up yelling at the TV.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Normally, I'm not a fan of continuing animated series through comics, but I'd totally be down for an IT graphic novel.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Covok posted:

Anyone else jump when "Hero" played?

Also, 40 years? My He-Man show ended in 2004. Dang Boomers.

40 years since the original? That can't be right cause He-man came out the year before I was bo... Oh dear God!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Larryb posted:

Given the reactions to the Netflix She-Ra (which I question whether half of them even WATCHED the original show back when they were kids) I kind of expected this when we saw Buff Teela and learned she’d basically be the star of the show for a good portion of it.

A large chunk of the fanbase seems to be remarkably thin-skinned and sees the goofy 80’s toy commercial as some holy text that cannot be altered in any way. It’s weird

Now granted, the latter show does have its share of legitimate problems (such as the story kind of falling apart during the final season and Catra’s somewhat rushed redemption arc that sort of brushes aside all the genuinely horrible things she did over the course of the series) but changing/updating a few designs/personalities and giving characters more agency and development ain’t one of them in my opinion.

Yes, but these are grown rear end adults upset that cartoon characters no longer give them boners.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I was really loving the cast in this new Masters of the universe cartoon so I decided to look them up on IMDB and man oh man is this show getting review bombed by angry chuds.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
You have to appreciate that none of the reviews seem to have actually watched more than an episode or two before they just had a complete melt down.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

PhazonLink posted:

i dont get why review bombs are a thing, like any site that cares should just void that poo poo.

sites like sell products (amazon, steam, ect) should just have a code with order slips/ emails so they only get valid purschases.

Totally agree. The majority of the reviews I saw didn't even seem to watch the show they just needed to rant about SJW's and the Last Jedi ruining their childhoods.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's YouTube recommendations are hosed right now. I wonder if any of these chuds realize constantly posting that rotten tomatoes score just makes the fans look like a bunch of out of touch man babies.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

D34THROW posted:

I may or may not have shrieked internally. My kids have watched The Proud Family through three and a half times because I watched like two episodes with them once to introduce them to a show I used to love.

Now the question is...are Kyla Pratt, Paula Jai Parker, Orlando Brown, and Tommy Davidson coming back? Because there can be no Oscar Proud but Tommy Davidson.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Orlando Brown probably won't be working with Disney ever again.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Second half of Masters of the Universe is up and it's amazing, just shotgunned the whole thing.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

nine-gear crow posted:

I watched it all last night at midnight and I don't think I ever stopped smiling throughout the whole thing. Actually that's not true, I was upset over Clamp-Champ and Fisto, but only for like five seconds.

That was me as well, and I was 3 the last time I watched the original show. I can't wait to see where they go from here.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I was trying to buy my God daughter some Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends toys for her birthday and every Target I've been to has been completely cleaned out. I'm assuming this is probably do to the success of No Way Home because on Amazon all the prices seem to have doubled.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I regret putting off watching the last season of Infinity Train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Larryb posted:

You didn’t miss much honestly, it’s not terrible per se but it’s definitely the weakest of the 4 seasons

I figured. I watched the first episode or two and decided to just wait till it was all done cause I wasn't really feeling it.