Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

Oh my god, the volcano did something awesome. Bad Company, Moving Fusion, and Uman were supposed to play here this friday, but they cant make it because of the flights. It just so happens that London Elektricity is playing in a few weeks, so they just got added to the bill for that. YESSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

feedtheid posted:

The only issue with the new lp is that it sounds like seven of fifteen tracks have the same drum break (I have no idea if I'm using this terminology correctly - the basic drum beat in the song) that pendulum used for most of HYC. That's frustrating, but the longer the album goes on, the less frequent it gets. Not to say the early songs in the tracklist don't sound good, but they DO sound very samey because of extremely similar beats.

Thats a two step beat, you're going to find 98% of drum and bass has that beat. The other 2% is either half-step or ambient/experimental dnb like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O6WEVIntEw

Not really looking forward to this album, way too much cheese and Rob Swire needs to back the gently caress off from the microphone.

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

zeldadude posted:

Danny Breaks has to be the most under-appreciated and underrated producer ever. Seriously, he's been in the game for a long time, has a sick style and is just completely fuckin awesome. Do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2vnCGTgT-U

He's not underrated or under-appreciated, he just hasn't released anything for a few years now and he's well past his productivity peak. Wicked producer though.

Edit: gently caress me with a bass drum, turns out he's been producing house recently.

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also, I'm now aware of the title "drumstep". I never knew what to call tracks like The Island Part 2 and the second half of Sub Focus' album, since they weren't quite drum-n-bass but weren't quite dubstep either. But that moniker makes sense, and I kinda feel like a dumbass for being unaware of it before. It's so obvious :shobon:

I've only heard them a few times but I'm pretty sure The Island Pt. 2 and most of the Sub Focus tracks you are talking about are actually electro/house

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

chrix posted:

The original is DnB, but the 16bit remix is most certainly dubstep.

No way the original is dnb, it sits at about 130bpm and its 4/4. It's just weird cracked out Noisia house. The spor remix is dnb, but it's not very good.

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/news/andy-c-nightlife-5

Andy C is doing a new nightlife mix, out in november. I cannot remember how many times I thrashed his other mixes.

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

cheese-cube posted:

We rarely ever get lineups this amazing in Perth, especially on New Years Eve. Usually it's just "Pendulum and some other guys".

Whaaaaaaat?

Last year Origin was Klute, Spectrasoul, LTJ Bukem, Ed Rush & Optical, and Marky

Year before that was Phace, Noisia, Chase & Status, Sub Focus, D-Bridge and Jenna G. The first Origin, before that one, was TC & Jakes, Noisia, Spor, Calyx & Teebee, Logistics, Commix, and Gridlok (though I think one of them cancelled). We consistently have good lineups on new years in Perth. Not only on new years either, we get it pretty good for the most isolated capital city in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

Mike_V posted:

MASSIVE jungle show going down on Rinse at the moment.

Who was it? I'll make sure to download the podcast.

I'm currently looking for mix reccomendations for a holiday, I'm going with 5 friends to bali for http://www.paradisefestival.com.au/ and we are staying in a villa with an ipod dock, so we will pretty much just have mix's on shuffle. I need something thats really dancefloor dnb and a few good liquid mixes and a could of techy. I already have the Danny Byrd and Netsky essential mix, as well as DJ Marky at Pitch from a few weeks ago and Nightlife 5. Can anyone reccomend some stuff in that vein as well as some stuff like Bukem, Calibre, Total Science, etc.