Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Just listened to some Chase and Status for the first time. The UK has some good DnB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Official Pendulum preview is up on youtube - about a minute of each track:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pendulumlive#g/c/85035BB4B0B2946F

Can't wait for this

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Aw gently caress, I really want to see this but I'm on my iPhone and for some reason these videos aren't supported on the iPhone. Not sure why, exactly. Guess I'll have to wait til I get home from work later.

While searching around, I saw there was a video titled " Pendulum Immersion Part 5" and it was 10 minutes long. So has the album leaked or is that a fake?

I believe that's just part 5 of the recording of the album preview show they did back in January.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Oh yeah, right.

I'm surprised it hasn't leaked. It comes out in like 10 days, so even if it did, I'll just wait til I can buy a CD.

I saw a picture on Rob's Twitter of him unboxing a box of CDs, so maybe that has something to do with why it hasn't leaked, like the band just got copies in themselves or something.

Yeah, I think they barely made the deadline given the nature of Rob's posts on twitter a few weeks ago during post-production. I really want to give the full album a listen soon.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
I'm starting to really like Salt in the Wounds, but only because of that dubstep breakdown in the middle. Otherwise, I agree - I'd just listen to Slam

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

SUBFRIES posted:

My latest drum'n'bass mix for Expansion Broadcast / EXBC, did this about a week ago.

EXBC Podcast #235: Harry Ransom - Gunsound Volume One (May 2010) [drum'n'bass / old tech step]
download: http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/www.expansionbroadcast.com/podcast/exbc0235_2010-05-09_harry_ransom.mp3
stream: http://www.expansionbroadcast.com/podcast/235/

Tracklist
01. Konflict – “The Beckoning” (Renegade Hardware [RH2000LP] – ‘Armageddon’ LP- 1999)
02. Future Cut & Marcus Intalex – “Plastic” (Renegade Hardware [RH18] – ‘Three The Hardway: Vol. 1′ EP – 1998)
03. DJ Loxy & Usual Suspects – “Stalker” (Renegade Hardware [RH21] – 1999)
04.. Dylan & Facs – “Hairpie” (Biotic [BIO001] – 1999)
05. Hive & Juju – “Ghettobird” (Violence Recordings [VIO003] – 2002)
06. Universal Project – “Soundclash” (True Playaz [TPR12032] – ‘The Soundclash’ EP – 2001)
07. Kemal – “Bleed” (Negative [NTV001] – 2000)
08. Arkane – “Fever” (Underfire [UDFRLP02] – ‘Blazin” LP – 1999)
09. Ryme Tyme – “Frogger” (1210 Recordings [1210CD01] – ‘Rymetyme’ LP – 2001)
10. Trace & Optical – “Sphere” (Prototype Recordings [PRO012] – 1998)
11. Bad Company & Matrix – “Jellyfish” (Bad Company Recordings [VDBCR002] – ‘The Fear’ EP – 1999)
12. Bulletproof – “Nephelim (Konflict Remix)” (Cyanide Recordings [CYAN001] – 2001)
13. Usual Suspects – “Shrapnel (Stakka & Skynet Remix)” (Renegade Hardware [RH27] – ‘Syndrome’ EP – 2000)
14. Outfit – “New York” (Metro Recordings [MTRR005] – 1999)
15. Dom & Roland – “Thunder” (Moving Shadow [ASHADOW16CD] – ‘Industry’ LP – 1998)
16. Fresh & Vegas – “Forgotten” (BC Recordings [BCUK001CDR] – ‘Inside The Machine’ LP – 2000)

I'm new to this thread so I'm not really exposed to your stuff, but downloading because of the album art.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
I don't know, I kind of like Rob's vocals - at least in Hold Your Colour and In Silico (especially on the tracks Hold Your Colour, Propane Nightmares, Different, Grante, and The Tempest). I haven't heard a good enough copy of Immersion yet to pass judgment on the new vocals, though. I really like the vocals on The Fountain.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
All this talk about clubs who have drum n bass/dubstep nights is making me kinda jealous. Good luck finding anything like that in Kansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Here's a BBC 1 radio rip of the full remix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2MQH22U0l0

The DJ (Zane Lowe? I don't listen to BBC1, but that's the guy who has debuted all their other big tracks recently) talking over it is pretty annoying, but it is a radio rip after all.

Absolutely destroys the gently caress out of both the original and the Netsky mix, and it sounds more like something that belongs on Hold Your Colour, which is definitely a good thing.

Also, I'm now aware of the title "drumstep". I never knew what to call tracks like The Island Part 2 and the second half of Sub Focus' album, since they weren't quite drum-n-bass but weren't quite dubstep either. But that moniker makes sense, and I kinda feel like a dumbass for being unaware of it before. It's so obvious :shobon:

The DJ is annoying as gently caress, but at least they have radio shows of that nature over there. The best we have here in Kansas is "Liquid Buzz" which is every Saturday from 10 PM to 2 AM, and it's mostly just a bunch of lovely trance.

Interesting remix, I'm not sure what I think about it - I think I'd have to hear a high quality version, but I think I like it. Definitely better than the Netsky remix, though.