Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«182 »
captain chauncey
May 6, 2009

You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

Captain Log posted:

I just got my car back and remember I owe y'all a picture of the most boring Volvo ever.

My 00 S40, in all its boring glory!

First-gen S40 buddy. My 03 was my gateway drug into the world of Volvo - fiancee still drives it a couple times a week.

I always wondered if, being a NEDcar/Mitsubishi mashup, people didn't consider it a "real" Volvo, but it's been dead reliable, with close to 250k on the clock and 17 years of pretty much making it look after itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Yaaaaaaaay

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Ugh, what? That sucks. Hope itís just the mirror and not other panels too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

captain chauncey posted:

First-gen S40 buddy. My 03 was my gateway drug into the world of Volvo - fiancee still drives it a couple times a week.

I always wondered if, being a NEDcar/Mitsubishi mashup, people didn't consider it a "real" Volvo, but it's been dead reliable, with close to 250k on the clock and 17 years of pretty much making it look after itself.

Yeah, it's definitely a departure from the blocky beasts I've driven before. But thanks to this thread, I realized the blocky Volvos would have been more work than I was wanting to deal with. Every one I drove in my price range had some severe issues.

I will still dream of having a 87 740 GLE again someday. Maybe I'll marry a mechanic?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

always be closing posted:

My v70 is making some front end noise. Only sometimes after a bump when coasting, goes away when I press gas or brake. It's like a repeated thudding.

Engine mounts.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Just looked up the vacuum motor mounts and that's almost exactly what it sounded like. I drove the car a bit today and it didn't do it at all, is that weird? Maybe a cracked line or a crack in the mount that leaks under certain conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

always be closing posted:

My v70 is making some front end noise. Only sometimes after a bump when coasting, goes away when I press gas or brake. It's like a repeated thudding.

I had this with my XC70 and it was a bad ignition coil. I got a check engine light shortly afterwards

«182 »