Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
My friend is offering me her mid/late 80's 245DL for ~500$

It apparently leaks/eats oil and needs a new front strut. I just need a car to get around the city. This a good idea? I am terrible about mechanics but willing to learn. 500$ is good for a car tho..

edit- ~200k mi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Not an Anthem posted:

My friend is offering me her mid/late 80's 245DL for ~500$

It apparently leaks/eats oil and needs a new front strut. I just need a car to get around the city. This a good idea? I am terrible about mechanics but willing to learn. 500$ is good for a car tho..

edit- ~200k mi

Well she's been flip flopping because her dad uses it as a work or commute vehicle, finally got back to me and I'm checking it out this weekend. Will update with photos, info.

Edit- its a 1989 245 DL 4 cyl and needs a strut on the drivers side.

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 19, 2010

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I read a bunch on kjet and some other sites but I guess I wasn't specific enough in this thread, how does a 1989 240DL 4 cyl wagon that needs a drivers side strut sound? They're asking 500 and I have no idea about it because I haven't seen it, its a daily driver and its drivable right now, they'll probably take it over to me this weekend. I have a mechanic friend who loves volvos to show me the ropes if it sounds like a good deal.