Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
i did that going from a via nano to a intel atom and after a huge number of reboots as it recognised the new system its been running fine ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Raymn posted:

I'm trying to automate my uTorrenting and I'm not really sure the best way to go about it. I would like to move my finished torrents to appropriate shares when done. I know the label system can do this but only within sub-folders of a main folder. I don't know if something as simple as task scheduler would work correctly or if there is an add-on I can use. Nothing jumped out at me when I looked around google. Would something like Junctions work with WHS? I would be able to use uTorrents labeling feature and get it to the correct shares. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

The rss downloader in utorrent is what you want. Just set a regular expression to download a specific item from a feed and it will go into the folder you set it to. Its all in the program nothing extra needed.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

EC posted:

So I'm still fighting file conflicts. Things were good for awhile after I removed the WD advanced format "green" drive, but now it looks like there is another drive going bad on me. I've been getting lots of file conflicts, and today the server was barely responsive when I got home. I had to power it off manually, and when it booted ckdsk came in and found a bunch of errors.

I'm posting to find out what y'alls experience is with file conflicts. I've been fighting them almost non stop since my last reinstall. I do run SAB and uTorrent against my (non duplicated) shares, but it seems like everyone else does as well and doesn't have this problem. The files listed as file conflicts are in a totally different share and are duplicated. Any advice? I can order another 2tb drive and replace the drive I suspect is having the problems, but I'd like to figure out what's causing it first (assuming it's not the hard drive).

Also, I ran HD Tach against all my drives and all of them are around the 100mb mark. Is that normal? These are all SATA drives.

I had some problems a few months ago with file conflicts, and used these instructions which iirc help me fix those issues.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
I'm needing to add another hdd to my WHSv1 what is the biggest one that I can use?

For example would this 3TB one work?

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

fagalicious posted:

Does anyone know if its safe to install macdrive on WHS v1? I have some externals hooked up to my airport extreme I'd like to move to the whs, but they're formated in whatever os x uses now (HFS?) and I'd rather not fight to move the data back and forth before plugging in.

Do you want to add the drives to the storage pool on whs or just attach them to copy the data to the storage pool?

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

fagalicious posted:

I'd like to just attach them to either copy it or just add it as a shared folder.

Mac Drive would probably work with WHS. If i were wanting to move the files from the mac formated drive to my home server, i would just transfer them over the network from the airport extreme to a share then when one drive is empty atach that to the server however you wished, if you want to add one of them to the storage pool you have to format them anywan.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

modeski posted:

Can anyone recommend any good software for monitoring temperature and/or adjusting fan speed on my WHS box? At the moment it sits idle most of the time, so I'm sure I can save some power by turning the fans down a bit.

What hardware do you have? If it's a gigabyte motherboard try easy tune 6 that lets you adjust could fan speed if it's a pwm fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

zerox147o posted:

So my WHS box has 4 drives in it. I have duplication set up on almost every folder inside. One drive has died and many folders are now yellow status with Failing (Check Health) notices. Loading folders in many cases leads to empty files/please attach messages. This is the first time I've had a drive fail for this system.

In order to get things back in order should I remove the failed drive from the drive pool, and then go into settings Backup Database Repair? Or am I wrapping this drive up and putting it in the freezer overnight?

I'm still running v1 with a lot of disks so i might be able to help. IF at all possible try the freezer trick and if the drive is recognised by the server and it shows no file conflicts remove it from the server via the console.

I also have a file on my whs desktop called check drives.cmd which i think i got from https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/531 when i had some similar problems a while ago. Running that might show up some actual errors, other than the generic failed from the whs console, which could be of help. Also the drive is ntfs formated so sticking it in another machine to recover any missing data is also an option, as a change of machine might also help.

• Locked thread